Terry Blount and 8 FAs the Hawks may be in on

BlueBlood

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2gmeexar said:
It's a lazy bit of writing, yes, but Paea makes some sense even with Mebane (depending on price) and I suppose if we had to keep a 6th WR for the sake of returning punts and kicks, Royal is far better than anyone we currently have. It's not unlikely that we'll be looking for inexpensive CB help as well.

Paea looks to be going to Washington.

I cant wait for actual signings, the speculation is testing my patience.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1nkxkhg2 said:
MysterMatt":1nkxkhg2 said:
It's a lazy bit of writing, yes, but Paea makes some sense even with Mebane (depending on price) and I suppose if we had to keep a 6th WR for the sake of returning punts and kicks, Royal is far better than anyone we currently have. It's not unlikely that we'll be looking for inexpensive CB help as well.

Paea looks to be going to Washington.

I cant wait for actual signings, the speculation is testing my patience.

I agree, this tampering window is extremely frustrating.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Temper your enthusiasm, fellas. I know we play things very "hush, hush", but this year is even more quiet than normal. Undoubtedly we'll pick up some guys out of the bargain bin, but at this point I'd be pretty shocked if we make any waves at all over the next few days.

Max's deal just blew up the CB market, most TE's are one-dimensional (Thomas) or injury-prone (Cameron), and the higher cap in general is going to lead to a lot of teams overspending. I trust Schneider and his staff to find some guys who can help, but it's hard to really see where we'll have a chance to upgrade early on.

Patience (I keep telling myself this as I check twitter and this place every 5 minutes the past week).

firebee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1tl4a08w said:
I'd take Walter Thurmond over Tramon Williams and Davon House. Thurmond has experience playing in the Seahawk secondary. When he played, he was solid.
No thanks... He couldn't stay healthy to save his life. I want someone that's going to stay healthy and be reliable at #2.

Largent80

Reaction score
Thurmond played 2 games for NY after leaving, and missed a TON of games in Seattle. His latest injury wasn't even a previous one, but a new one.

firebee

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2oxk1n7g said:
What a random list of names he's thrown together there.

Eddie Royal??

Personally, I think Cecil Shorts would be a gold signing for us. He is soooo under-rated. That guy put up numbers and was the Jags most reliable target... with Gabbert at QB. I think he'd blow up in Seattle and he'd cost a fraction of what a lot of the other receivers his caliber are asking. Torrey Smith had an offish year last year, but he's another guy... Would make a huge impact if he played in Seattle. One hell of a run blocker too.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MysterMatt":35libgx8 said:
Temper your enthusiasm, fellas. I know we play things very "hush, hush", but this year is even more quiet than normal. Undoubtedly we'll pick up some guys out of the bargain bin, but at this point I'd be pretty shocked if we make any waves at all over the next few days.

Max's deal just blew up the CB market, most TE's are one-dimensional (Thomas) or injury-prone (Cameron), and the higher cap in general is going to lead to a lot of teams overspending. I trust Schneider and his staff to find some guys who can help, but it's hard to really see where we'll have a chance to upgrade early on.

Patience (I keep telling myself this as I check twitter and this place every 5 minutes the past week).

I agree. Also, when our FO is the quietest is when they're up to something. I can see a surprise FA signing that no one reported on and no one expected.

I also see our FO throwing offers out there that are good for the team, meaning 75% of the market everyone else is driving up. The kind of contracts that don't make headlines for the amount offered, but make headlines for a savvy signing, AFTER the guy signs out of nowhere.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I would love to upgrade the LG spot with Iupati, but I think the price will be to much for the Hawks to take a shot at. I would guess they draft a couple of O-linemen and maybe bring back Carp if the price is right, but I won't be shocked if a team closer to the Alabama region (the south) snaps Carp up (thinking Saints or Falcons).

I could see Knighton or Paea being brought in if the team thinks Mebane is getting close to done or if his injury is worse than we as fans know, but once again, I would guess the team drafts 1-3 guys and maybe brings in a late FA (like Williams last year and Avril and Bennett two years ago).

As for the rest of the guys (especially Johnson) I would look at all of them for the right price but they all have issues (age, injuries, etc) so I wouldn't be shocked if the team picks up a few 2nd and 3rd wave free agents and drafts for the furure and depth.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":389j6rig said:
Browner was just given the option to pursue different deals.

Jus saying...
I would LOVE to have Brandon Browner back!!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Remember when people were comparing the Star Wars film to our Seahawks Superbowl. If Brandon Browner returns to us then he is Lando in the Empire Strikes Back, then you know what happens in Return of the Jedi.