Texans cut Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood, Willie Jefferson

ErikG803

Reaction score
Apparently due to some incident that took place in a hotel over the weekend.

Sam Montgomery was a 3rd round pick this year who was considered a 1st round pick at one point, sometimes an early 1st even. Might be worth a looky-loo, even with our plethora of pass rushers. (Montgomery > Mayowa?)

More notably this is just kind of an interesting situation. Wonder what they did...

EDIT: Plus then we'd have 3 guys on this list instead of a mere 2... Original

:p

OP
OP
ErikG803

ErikG803

Reaction score
Sounds like the 3 were caught smoking "cigars" in the bathroom after curfew. I'd imagine they were probably smoking weed to get cut if that was the case. Kind of amazing how stupid these guys can be to possibly throw away careers.

Fans seemed more upset about Wood and Jefferson than Montgomery, for whatever that's worth

kearly

Reaction score
Montgomery was a draftnik hype job who looked utterly unremarkable on tape and had NFL average tools. I'd consider it a bad move if we signed him to anything other than a PS spot.

Cierre Wood I like a lot, but he doesn't fit our running scheme. Good player though. Shame for him.

OP
OP
ErikG803

ErikG803

Reaction score
I liked Cierre at Notre Dame but yeah doesn't seem to fit here at all.

Any thoughts on Willie Jefferson, kearly?

Axx

Reaction score
2-5 record
i would be pissed if seattle had a loser record and their players were out missing practice

HawkWow

Reaction score
Do you guys never replace the tobacco in your Cohibas with the chronic? C'mon man!

Wrong place, wrong time and rightfully sh*t-canned (if the above was the case).

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkWow":1ziam34s said:
Do you guys never replace the tobacco in your Cohibas with the chronic? C'mon man!

Wrong place, wrong time and rightfully sh*t-canned (if the above was the case).

Just weed bro. Chill out.....if every nfl player who smoked weed during the season was cut teams would have trouble finding 53 man rosters

pmedic920

Reaction score
For what it's worth BR says it was weed.

These guys have the world by the balls, and can't stay away from the stupid crap. I have zero problem with it as long as its not effecting the rest of ones life,in a negative way. Same with alcohol. They've worked their whole lives to be in the position they are and throw it away on a buzz. Dam is all I can say.

Latest posts