Texas Tech WR runs 4.1 Forty yard dash!!! this is the

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":8mp4vdji said:
Hasselbeck":8mp4vdji said:
McG":8mp4vdji said:
This guy is the perfect back up plan to Tyler Lockett. They both do the same things, they may not do them in the exact same ways, but they are both very similar talents. If we can pick this guy up in the late rounds (fingers crossed) then I will be more than happy. Sure he's small and he wont be able to make the team on kick or punt coverage, but his value in KR and as a backup to Lockett could be huge. Not to mention, over the last few years I've grown to love the angry and hungry type of player. You can never underestimate a man that is motivated and has unique skills.

This kid couldn't hold a candle to Lockett. Lockett was incredible in college as a WR and KR. This kid is just fast. There's a big difference.

I'm not saying that this kid is going to be a superstar or anything (let alone even make it in the NFL) -- he may end up a blip on the NFL's radar screen that's here one second and gone the next -- but you're wrong on that assessment. Yes, Jakeem Grant is extremely fast. That's true. But he's more than fast.

What makes me think that he has a strong shot of making it in the NFL as a kick returner, punt returner, and/or 3rd down situational player is his change of direction ability. That ability to stop on a dime, juke, turn, and be going full speed again in a step or 2 is flat out impressive. And as I mentioned above, I haven't seen a player come in to the league with that kind of change of direction ability since Barry Sanders. No one. Seriously, go click on the links I have posted above on both the Barry Sanders video (you'll have to watch that on youtube itself) ... and then Grant's highlight video. Compare. You'll see what I mean.

Speed is one thing -- it's the elite change of direction ability that sets this guy apart.
Yup

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1787sy0l said:
Hasselbeck":1787sy0l said:
McG":1787sy0l said:
This guy is the perfect back up plan to Tyler Lockett. They both do the same things, they may not do them in the exact same ways, but they are both very similar talents. If we can pick this guy up in the late rounds (fingers crossed) then I will be more than happy. Sure he's small and he wont be able to make the team on kick or punt coverage, but his value in KR and as a backup to Lockett could be huge. Not to mention, over the last few years I've grown to love the angry and hungry type of player. You can never underestimate a man that is motivated and has unique skills.

This kid couldn't hold a candle to Lockett. Lockett was incredible in college as a WR and KR. This kid is just fast. There's a big difference.

I'm not saying that this kid is going to be a superstar or anything (let alone even make it in the NFL) -- he may end up a blip on the NFL's radar screen that's here one second and gone the next -- but you're wrong on that assessment. Yes, Jakeem Grant is extremely fast. That's true. But he's more than fast.

What makes me think that he has a strong shot of making it in the NFL as a kick returner, punt returner, and/or 3rd down situational player is his change of direction ability. That ability to stop on a dime, juke, turn, and be going full speed again in a step or 2 is flat out impressive. And as I mentioned above, I haven't seen a player come in to the league with that kind of change of direction ability since Barry Sanders. No one. Seriously, go click on the links I have posted above on both the Barry Sanders video (you'll have to watch that on youtube itself) ... and then Grant's highlight video. Compare. You'll see what I mean.

Speed is one thing -- it's the elite change of direction ability that sets this guy apart.

I don't know, I don't see much that separates him from a Dri Archer or any other lightning fast kid that comes out of these workouts. I wouldn't even consider him outside of UDFA and even then, I think he's a one trick pony. Agree to disagree I suppose.

drrew

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":36h5n7ma said:
And as I mentioned above, I haven't seen a player come in to the league with that kind of change of direction ability since Barry Sanders. No one. Seriously, go click on the links I have posted above on both the Barry Sanders video (you'll have to watch that on youtube itself) ... and then Grant's highlight video. Compare. You'll see what I mean.

Dante Hall would like a word.
jKOkbHx.gif

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
drrew":yc78iqcb said:
Hawkscanner":yc78iqcb said:
And as I mentioned above, I haven't seen a player come in to the league with that kind of change of direction ability since Barry Sanders. No one. Seriously, go click on the links I have posted above on both the Barry Sanders video (you'll have to watch that on youtube itself) ... and then Grant's highlight video. Compare. You'll see what I mean.

Dante Hall would like a word.
jKOkbHx.gif

Hall has got excellent change of direction ability, no doubt about it. I would equate his to that of Golden Tate. Both have very good change of direction ability.

I've watched football for close to 40 years now. I've seen a lot of talented players throughout the years. I'm just saying that when I look at Jakeem Grant, I see a level of suddenness there that I have not seen in over 20 years (since Barry Sanders). Just my opinion that Grant has better quickness and change of direction ability than Hall (and that's saying something). I think he has a real shot to be a dynamic kick and/or punt returner for somebody.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1v3wyn47 said:
Hawkscanner":1v3wyn47 said:
Hasselbeck":1v3wyn47 said:
McG":1v3wyn47 said:

I don't know, I don't see much that separates him from a Dri Archer or any other lightning fast kid that comes out of these workouts. I wouldn't even consider him outside of UDFA and even then, I think he's a one trick pony. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Well, here's what I would say. I've seen guys with speed come in to the league ... and wash out of the league. One of the biggest, most classic examples of that was Rocket Ismail. He was an absolute superstar at Notre Dame, but ended up having a fairly lackluster NFL career. Talk about speed -- ppffffff! This guy could run a 4.2 (probably faster actually). He was lightning fast. The thing with him though was that Rocket's speed was mostly straight line speed ...

Raghib "Rocket" Ismail Highlights ...
[youtube]8Pe2tBtl09k[/youtube]

As you can see, he didn't have that real ability to stop on a dime, cut, change direction, and be able to be going full speed again in a step or two. Jakeem Grant has that. He not only has speed -- he has that ability to juke guys out of their socks and break their ankles trying to nab this greased lightning little pig. I personally don't see a one trick pony, but in the end you could be right. We'll see who ends up right on him -- and I'm fully willing to admit if I'm wrong about this guy. I just have a strong feeling in my gut that somehow he's going to make it and to make it big time as the next Dante Hall, Devin Hester, etc. Agree to disagree for now.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I was onboard already (note my initial comment and another reply in this thread.) But, Hawkscanner has convinced me. This kid is BIG TIME. Just small in stature. Wonder if the Russell Wilson effect will help his cause.