Thank you Mike Davis

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
ducks41468":1l8rzyyj said:
His biggest value is catching balls out of the backfield. To be honest he didn't have many good runs and the o-line still wasn't opening up holes. The only run I remember that was longer than 3-4 yards was that awesome 20 yarder where he avoided the three tackles, and his running yardage was also boosted by the yards from the lateral. Still way better than Lacy though
Doesn't need to be great. Just needs to have good enough vision to max out potential yardage on a play whether it's 1 yard or 15.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":kslq753l said:
ducks41468":kslq753l said:
His biggest value is catching balls out of the backfield. To be honest he didn't have many good runs and the o-line still wasn't opening up holes. The only run I remember that was longer than 3-4 yards was that awesome 20 yarder where he avoided the three tackles, and his running yardage was also boosted by the yards from the lateral. Still way better than Lacy though
Doesn't need to be great. Just needs to have good enough vision to max out potential yardage on a play whether it's 1 yard or 15.
Yep. Also got Carson coming back real soon too.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1rm8ndhx said:
A competent RB looks like a star when you look at the other dudes. I mean, Lacy had one carry for 3 yards. On that carry he had already conceded the play for one a yard loss or no gain, then out of nowhere, an Eagle defender tackled him forward for three yards.

Lacy is a joke. Least Mode.

NINEster

Reaction score
toffee":3tezpjs7 said:
A little sad that a cast off from a 2-10 team is our best RB.

Was 2-14 actually. Don't be so kind!

SF49r

Reaction score
God dammit i knew we were gonna regret letting this guy go. He flashed so much in preseason but he never really got a chance. You guys got a good one.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I'm really liking the idea of Chris Carson-Mike Davis rb combo. Hopefully Carson will be back in a game or two.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Smart kid too. You could see Russell and Doug in his ear and the kid listened to them, understood them, and made key adjustments. In one of his post games Russell mentioned the kids alertness and understanding of spacing on the lateral play. That first down was huge and despite lack of experience he read the improvision and was exactly where he was needed.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":rst04zt0 said:
Seanhawk":rst04zt0 said:
A competent RB looks like a star when you look at the other dudes. I mean, Lacy had one carry for 3 yards. On that carry he had already conceded the play for one a yard loss or no gain, then out of nowhere, an Eagle defender tackled him forward for three yards.

Feast mode? I still think Lacy could be good if we had a bit more of a line push and some one hypnotized him to believe there are free cheeseburgers in the endzone.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":12rdokxn said:
Run blocking is terrible which is why he averaged 2.5 ypc, but he did have big run which is better than anyone else could muster other than Carson and he makes big plays cstching out of the backfield.

Im happy.

The fact that the Eagles are the number one rush defense, allowing 65 yds per game, has something to do with that as well. I think Carson and now Davis have shown that the O line is taking a little too much blame for running woes.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1232ao5e said:
XxXdragonXxX":1232ao5e said:
Run blocking is terrible which is why he averaged 2.5 ypc, but he did have big run which is better than anyone else could muster other than Carson and he makes big plays cstching out of the backfield.

Im happy.

The fact that the Eagles are the number one rush defense, allowing 65 yds per game, has something to do with that as well. I think Carson and now Davis have shown that the O line is taking a little too much blame for running woes.

Actually I mathed wrong on that. Davis had 4.0 YPC not 2.5.

Yes I agree that the OL takes a little to much blame but they still arent good. Rawls tries to create new holes instead of hitting the one in front of him. Lacy is just plain slow and really has no power for such a big guy, he's easily the worst fit for our poor run blocking. Davis and Carson have been able to hit the few holes they are given and then create afterwards.

mrt144

Reaction score
Competency at running, flashes at catching. Not much more you can ask for right now.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":c9hs5wbg said:
OrangeGravy":c9hs5wbg said:
ducks41468":c9hs5wbg said:

Lets be realistic. Even if Carson comes back this year (unlikely) he will not be anywhere close to himself. It is going to take months for that. Coming back from a broken bone is a process. It actually take 12-16 weeks for the bone to FULLY heal not to mention the atrophy that takes place during the healing process. If he had any normal job I'd tend to believe he'd be back. NFL running back...not so much.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Was watching post game interviews. Davis is a hungry and humble practice squad guy. I think he has great potential. Reminds me of when Christine Michael came back after getting cut by Dallas. He was hungry. Unfortunately he was also not too bright. Davis is a savvy player. Blocks, catches passes and can make people miss if given a bit of room.

niveky

Reaction score
I really hope that Chris Carson comes back this season because I would like to think that Carson, Davis and McKissic(sp) will be more effective than what we have had. I did notice on the single play I saw Rawls in on he did seem to just be decisive and shoot through for that 3-4 yard gain. if he can settle down and do that regularly we have reason to be more excited.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For a moment last night I allowed my mind to wander to a rotation of Davis and Carson, who both can run, catch and block with physicality.

Also means we can finally get rid of the dumpster fire combo that is Rawls and Lacy.

DJrmb

Reaction score
HawkerD":9yi1vjzt said:
Sports Hernia":9yi1vjzt said:
OrangeGravy":9yi1vjzt said:
ducks41468":9yi1vjzt said:

Lets be realistic. Even if Carson comes back this year (unlikely) he will not be anywhere close to himself. It is going to take months for that. Coming back from a broken bone is a process. It actually take 12-16 weeks for the bone to FULLY heal not to mention the atrophy that takes place during the healing process. If he had any normal job I'd tend to believe he'd be back. NFL running back...not so much.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/937741323490115584[/tweet]

“He’s unbelievably ahead of schedule,” Carroll continued. “I watched him run last week and he was flying in his first real day of changing direction when they cut him loose. You couldn’t tell that he wasn’t fine.”

So what exactly will it take to get the running back ready for the end of the regular season?

“He just has to show that he is back to full speed and can do it and get on the practice field and away we go.”
http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/20...k-for-seahawks-final-games-of-regular-season/

Seymour

Reaction score
Don't everyone forget about our prize "ace in the hole"....CJ Prosise. He is due back late in the year also.

In fact, I can hear his chopper approaching now.

ps5601-2_postage_stamp_us_army_uh-1_helicopter_huey_medvac_scale_die_cast_modelbottom_1.jpg

ivotuk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":uvoxfje6 said:
Seanhawk":uvoxfje6 said:

Feast Mode

StoneCold

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lecw8qd said:
PlinytheCenter":2lecw8qd said:
Seanhawk":2lecw8qd said:

Feast Mode

I don't want to make fat jokes, but Lacy looks bigger than ever. It's too bad as I truly think if he was 20 pounds lighter he'd be a good RB. As it is he's probably made enough money that he's not motivated.