Tharold Simon...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3by4t4m2 said:
themunn":3by4t4m2 said:
jammerhawk":3by4t4m2 said:
themunn":3by4t4m2 said:
Maxwell was constantly injured his first 3 years too

This isn't true, he was just slow learning to play the way the team wanted him to play.

I was wrong about it being 3 years, it was the first 2 years he was injured.

Ankle injury rookie season - 7 games missed
hamstring injury 2012 season - 7 games missed
strained calf 2014 season - 3 games missed

2013 is the only full year he put together - but should be noted he wasn't the outside starter, Browner was.
He was drafted in 2013 and IR'd, correct?

Correct - though I think his injury in 2013 was very overblown and that was basically the FO's way of stashing him on IR for a year. Again, when he left LSU he was a very raw prospect.. but all the measurables and talent were there.

I look at how the FO handled him and don't see much difference from what they did with Seisay this season.

kearly

Reaction score
Apparently Simon has an issue with chronic dislocations of his 2nd toe. It was an issue in both feet. He had surgery on one of them at some point in the past, but the other 2nd toe that gave him problems in 2015, as far as I know, has not been operated on.

Might be hard to count on him as a starter until this gets fixed.

pcbball12

Reaction score
kearly":nst0pure said:
Apparently Simon has an issue with chronic dislocations of his 2nd toe. It was an issue in both feet. He had surgery on one of them at some point in the past, but the other 2nd toe that gave him problems in 2015, as far as I know, has not been operated on.

From my understanding, he got the toe operated on during the season. I could be wrong, but I am almost positive I read that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I recall the second toe has now been worked on during his latest stint on IR, hopefully this will allow him to play this coming season.

Alexander

Reaction score
pcbball12":191as0a2 said:
kearly":191as0a2 said:

From my understanding, he got the toe operated on during the season. I could be wrong, but I am almost positive I read that.

I believe this is correct. The surgery to correct that second toe was the reason he had to go on IR.

Tical21

Reaction score
Nothin from nothin, but I don't remember him being as capable on the field as many are giving him credit for. The measurables and fight he plays with are salivating, but I also remember opposing QB's salivating when they saw him on the field. With all of his issues, and inconsistent play, I can't think of anything involving Tharold Simon as much more than a pipe dream. I'd be shocked to learn he is penciled into their plans at this point.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think he still has a lot to prove.

And it wasn't just the Super Bowl. He gave up 10/10 passes in the Divisional Game against Carolina. 10/10! Kelvin Benjamin built a nice little condo right in his head. He went back to the bench for the NFCCG and was active over Burley for the SB because, I'm guessing, he has more Special Teams utility.

He was also penalized something like 13 times (9 accepted) in 2014. That was among league leaders, and he amassed that number in very few snaps.

He came into the league as a bit of a basket case, and he's exhibited those characteristics on the field. His off-field tirades after bad games isn't exactly encouraging either.

But who knows? Josh Norman was on no one's radar a year and a half ago, so I'm not going to write Simon off. That said, I am not penciling him in as anything more than depth at this point, and I really doubt the team is either. They spent $7M on Cary Williams for a reason.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Tharold isn't built to play nickel slot corner.

He's naturally an outside corner.

Slot corners usually go against shorter, quicker receivers.

Simon doesn't match up well when he goes against smaller receivers.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1fv19wph said:

And it wasn't just the Super Bowl. He gave up 10/10 passes in the Divisional Game against Carolina. 10/10! Kelvin Benjamin built a nice little condo right in his head. He went back to the bench for the NFCCG and was active over Burley for the SB because, I'm guessing, he has more Special Teams utility.

He was also penalized something like 13 times (9 accepted) in 2014. That was among league leaders, and he amassed that number in very few snaps.

He came into the league as a bit of a basket case, and he's exhibited those characteristics on the field. His off-field tirades after bad games isn't exactly encouraging either.

But who knows? Josh Norman was on no one's radar a year and a half ago, so I'm not going to write Simon off. That said, I am not penciling him in as anything more than depth at this point, and I really doubt the team is either. They spent $7M on Cary Williams for a reason.
Unless I am mistaken, that Carolina game was also after he was injured.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":10nq1lup said:

Nailed it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2kn7w1xr said:
Has me wondering for, next year, how many times he gets torched and gives the push off sign to the refs??:

zero times, cause it'd require him to get his brittle ass on the field.

kearly

Reaction score
Alexander":cw8j7x9y said:
pcbball12":cw8j7x9y said:
kearly":cw8j7x9y said:

I believe this is correct. The surgery to correct that second toe was the reason he had to go on IR.

Ok looks like he did have surgery. Took me a while to find confirmation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... imon-on-ir

http://www.allislandfootcare.com/index. ... to-surgery

Largent80

Reaction score
The guy is like a coffee cup you dropped. Always trying to glue it back together. Time to move on and buy another.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Simon is a freakish athlete when healthy. More so than lane and shead. So if he can stay healthy, and refine his skills, he does have an opportunity to be a breakout outside corner. I agree that the slot probably isn't in the cards for him. And also those are two big "ifs." I am hopeful he will be one of our in house solutions for this roster. And I really would like to see lane and shead back on the team next year. The thing is, we need to do something about the o line with not much cap space. So Simon might be forced to be the guy.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1c8gnzqq said:
I read somewhere that Simon is a freakish athlete when healthy. More so than lane and shead. So if he can stay healthy, and refine his skills, he does have an opportunity to be a breakout outside corner. I agree that the slot probably isn't in the cards for him. And also those are two big "ifs." I am hopeful he will be one of our in house solutions for this roster. And I really would like to see lane and shead back on the team next year. The thing is, we need to do something about the o line with not much cap space. So Simon might be forced to be the guy.

I think you're thinking of Shead who is a college decathlete. Was it this reference (Hawks are the last team covered)?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/32f ... e-nfl-team

rideaducati

Reaction score
I don't know what it is with this site and CB evaluations. I remember the crying when Jennings was released and how everyone expected the Seahawks to have the WORST secondary in the league and a lot of you guys were calling for Pete to be fired because he didn't know what he was doing.

Some here have very short memories and can't recall Simon's rating when he was on the field PRIOR to being injured, but they remember ONE GAME where he got lit up while playing against the best QB of all time and had bum feet and a separated shoulder. I challenge Simon doubters to go back and watch the games Simon played before being injured and compare those games to any of Lane and Maxwell. I think some of you don't remember Simon playing well because you never heard his name during games. QBs weren't testing him very often...maybe that's because his coverage was pretty damn good.