That was a touchdown

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It looks like he got his left toe down fractions of a second before his left hand and shin hit out of bounds. I don't envy the referees having to make that call in real time, given that it happened instantaneously as he was sandwiched between two defenders. But it was close enough that we should have challenged it.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
^^^I have to see more angles and slow mo to make an absolute determination. That said, from the angles posted in this thread, it's a touchdown.

seahawksteve

Reaction score
Being at the game and with that endzone to my immediate left. I thought that he caught it for the TD, but they never showed a replay of the catch on the jumbotron.

I watched Pete the entire time, you could see he was looking for that replay as well as communicating from the booth, yet no challenge

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2cufkomg said:
It looks like he got his left toe down fractions of a second before his left hand and shin hit out of bounds. I don't envy the referees having to make that call in real time, given that it happened instantaneously as he was sandwiched between two defenders. But it was close enough that we should have challenged it.

Actually, should have been called a TD and let the automatic challenge on scoring plays handle it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2vpx9bgq said:

Oh I totally agree. I'm not saying in any way it's the ref's fault, or they suck. I'd hate to have to make that call in real time.

That said: upon review, you can clearly see the rubber from the field turf flying up a good foot from the sidelines. It would be obvious upon review, but I'm guessing they didn't review it because it wasn't a turn over or scoring play.

Cartire

Reaction score
Bitter":vu39w7mm said:
hawknation2015":vu39w7mm said:

Actually, should have been called a TD and let the automatic challenge on scoring plays handle it.

EXACTLY. If its not one, replay will show it and we can continue on. If its close enough, then I think refs got to say TD and just take a closer look. No harm, no foul.

Cartire

Reaction score
253hawk":2d6g2vr1 said:
DynoHawk":2d6g2vr1 said:
Only thing you can't see is if he "completed the catch", doesn't show if he bobbled it going to the ground.

This is as good as it gets because FOX had their stupid ticker in the way during the replay.

http://gfycat.com/PeriodicPinkDalmatian

That glove looks like its firmly under to me. You can see where he tucks it in with the hand deep and low. And we he rolls up, that hand is in the exact same spot. No ball movement.

253hawk

Reaction score
And the side judge made the immediate call 'out of bounds' instead of juggling the ball/incomplete process.

Cartire

Reaction score
253hawk":2zvnc6j4 said:
And the ref made the immediate call 'out of bounds' instead of juggling the ball/incomplete process.

This as well.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bitter":1hk516a9 said:
hawknation2015":1hk516a9 said:

It should have been . . . but it wasn't because obviously the ref thought he saw something else happen.

At that point, it's on our guys to indicate to Carroll that we should challenge.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That's what I thought too. I'm surprised they didn't challenge that but they scored the TD on the next play I believe.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
They didn't challenge because they would've lost. On borderline calls they're not gonna overturn it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Spiderdan":3t19isbe said:
They didn't challenge because they would've lost. On borderline calls they're not gonna overturn it.

I disagree. The call was that he was out of bounds. On review, they would have slowed it down and freeze framed it to show that he got that left foot down in bounds. If they missed that, with the benefit of video review, it would have been a huge blunder by the crew in New York.

Smellyman

Reaction score
StoneCold":172mzo2s said:
Torc":172mzo2s said:
I'd really like a quick look at Beckham's gloves. Not trying to knock him much - he does get his body into a position for some of the amazing catches he's made.....but there's no way some of those one handed grabs happen without a little extra help.

They had a great segment on MNF last night on the gloves receivers were these day. Took some non players, bare hands, tossed some balls, no one handed catches. Put on the gloves and like magic, one handed catches. Def not fair. :les: Now get off my lawn!

I always thought it odd old 'stickem' was banned but gloves are ok.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Hey guys, look on the bright side. The Seahawks didn't challenge the call and we didn't have to hear any Mike Carey BS.

mikeak

Reaction score
You can't argue that the refs should call something to then lean on replay. If they don't have conclusive evidence the ruling stands so they really need to call what they see.

Seahawks should have challenged

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I was wondering if the guys (Seahawks coaching) upstairs for the hawks have different camera angles to see during game time. If they saw the same TV angle we did I would have not challenged as well.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
ivotuk":1oloxczp said:
seahawkfreak":1oloxczp said:
I really don't get how Beckham's catch was even a catch. Your aloud to grab the ball, hands on top of the football, push the ball to the ground and slide it on said ground for 3 yards?

I thought this was using the ground to catch the ball. Not sure how the rule interprets it.

As long as you demonstrate control before the ball hits the ground and the ball doesn't move after hitting the ground, it's a catch.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing OP.

That was an amazing catch. Even more amazing since on first watch I thought it was close but not really that close. I figured he was a good 2 feet out. I almost don't blame the refs because it's that extraordinary of a catch. Still a shame Baldwin can't count that as one of his greatest touchdown.

Latest posts