That was the #1 DVOA Defense we just killed...

Ozzy

Reaction score
Still here too. Thought bevell did a pretty good job today. Still think a healthy Wilson has more to do with the success of the offense than Bevell but either way I'll take it.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1b0m5yy3 said:
Hawk-Lock":1b0m5yy3 said:
Where are all the Bevell haters now?

I havent gone anywhere....If Wilson wasnt as elusive as he is Bevell would of been canned allready. I feel like he literally has a job because of how good Wilson is at escaping and making plays

You saw it when Wilson was injured. He could still be an effective pocketpasser but Bevells plays sucked a big one

Combine that with Lynch when he was here breaking tackles left and right and I think even I could call a decent game if you gave me the playcard

This exactly.

formido

Reaction score
Every time Bevell kills a drive by running on 2nd and 10, like he did yet again today, I think about how much better Seattle's already fantastic offense would be if Josh McDaniels were the offensive coordinator.

Bevell is mediocre and deserves no credit for Russell Wilson's heroics. Whoever it is, Bevell or Carroll, who is consistently responsible for taking the ball out of Wilson's hands deserves every verbal slap they get.

Seattle's run game was garbage today. Running on 2nd and 10 puts Wilson in 3rd and long for no reason. It's not a constraint on the defense to get 0 or fewer yards against their base defense. It doesn't "keep them honest". It's purely a wasted play. Run vs pass is not the only way for an offense to be multidimensional. If you can't run, like Seattle again could not do today outside one play, arbitrarily running the ball doesn't make you multidimensional. It just hinders your one good dimension.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
formido":v8u2roox said:
Every time Bevell kills a drive by running on 2nd and 10, like he did yet again today, I think about how much better Seattle's already fantastic offense would be if Josh McDaniels were the offensive coordinator.

Bevell is mediocre and deserves no credit for Russell Wilson's heroics. Whoever it is, Bevell or Carroll, who is consistently responsible for taking the ball out of Wilson's hands deserves every verbal slap they get.

Seattle's run game was garbage today. Running on 2nd and 10 puts Wilson in 3rd and long for no reason. It's not a constraint on the defense to get 0 or fewer yards against their base defense. It doesn't "keep them honest". It's purely a wasted play. Run vs pass is not the only way for an offense to be multidimensional. If you can't run, like Seattle again could not do today outside one play, arbitrarily running the ball doesn't make you multidimensional. It just hinders your one good dimension.

I guess since you have such a good grasp on this we can get rid of Bevell now and give you the position. Fun to bitch after the play is overe. I guess execution by personnel take nothing into account. I guess RW never changes anything on the line. I guess the defense would just let us get yards because we called whatever play you deemed the "right one". I guess we should just call Josh McDaniels up and have him come by. Or lets just get anyone because anyone would be better than Bevell.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
formido":2gnrzt68 said:

:roll:

They just owned the #1 defense in the league.

Wonder what you'd be saying if you were a Pats fan and you'd just seen a sequence of run-QB sneak-QB sneak-fade with the game on the line last week.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1642aguh said:
formido":1642aguh said:

:roll:

They just owned the #1 defense in the league.

Wonder what you'd be saying if you were a Pats fan and you'd just seen a sequence of run-QB sneak-QB sneak-fade with the game on the line last week.

Exactly. I guess destroying the #1 defense isn't enough.

You already know your opinion is wrong when you're suggesting Josh McDaniels as an OC for Pete Carroll's Seahawks... Totally different offensive philosophies.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":w4kvwkm5 said:
Sports Hernia":w4kvwkm5 said:
DB's play calling for 3 quarters was an A.
His 4th quarter play calling was F-.

He needs to learn how to put teams away. Something he fails at on a regular basis.
He is lucky he has a great defense to bail him out most of the time.

In a nutshell, this is it. People can point to the three quarters of play as to how he's such a good offensive coordinator, but a collapse in the fourth quarter would have been completely due to bad play calling by him, and completely unacceptable.

Look...I'm pretty content with Bevell right now, but keep in mind that some of the criticism on Bevell was actually detailed and direct. Throwing deep bombs on 3rd and short when you needed one more first down to close the game out...I don't see how anyone disagrees with that.

sutz

Reaction score
Simple answer. It's November. Time to start cranking things up again. :laugh:

I swear, this has happened like this every year of Pete's tenure. They play so-so in Sept/Oct, then turn it on late in the year. I don't even know how, but I'm starting to suspect they might be playing with the injury reports. It always seems we get some key player back on Nov 1 that helps turn the team around.

Haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine. Three weeks ago, folks were clutching their pearls and chewing their knuckles about this horrendous stretch of the season, and we went 3-0. I'm gonna just relax and enjoy the ride.

:)

HawkerD

Reaction score
sutz":x201k7sm said:

I swear, this has happened like this every year of Pete's tenure. They play so-so in Sept/Oct, then turn it on late in the year. I don't even know how, but I'm starting to suspect they might be playing with the injury reports. It always seems we get some key player back on Nov 1 that helps turn the team around.

Haters gonna hate, whiners gonna whine. Three weeks ago, folks were clutching their pearls and chewing their knuckles about this horrendous stretch of the season, and we went 3-0. I'm gonna just relax and enjoy the ride.

Does anyone really thing Bevel is a great or even an above average offensive mind? We scored when a RB broke one, on a trick play and on a scramble drill where RW and JG both made a great play. Yes we moved up and down the field but when it came time for play calls to put it in the end zone we failed. I could go through the play calls but we all watched it.

Bevel is an OC who is willing to let PC dictate a low volume offense. As long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over he is a god in PC's eyes

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm here.

Bevell called a decent game up to the 3rd. He called a terrible fourth and once again we had too many red zone drives stalled.

As has been said he's helped by the talent on the team.

I swear it's like some of you will defend Bevell regardless of what happens. :roll:

When we start putting up 40 points on a consistent basis, I'll lay off. We left at least 12 points on the board kicking fg's instead of scoring TD's.

Good win either way.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkerD":eec9v9yx said:
sutz":eec9v9yx said:

Does anyone really thing Bevel is a great or even an above average offensive mind? We scored when a RB broke one, on a trick play and on a scramble drill where RW and JG both made a great play. Yes we moved up and down the field but when it came time for play calls to put it in the end zone we failed. I could go through the play calls but we all watched it.

Bevel is an OC who is willing to let PC dictate a low volume offense. As long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over he is a god in PC's eyes

Spot on.
Good post, and a chat member. +1

Ozzy

Reaction score
One thing I hate is when someone above says "maybe you should be the OC then" What a ridiculous thing to say. There is nothing wrong with thinking any coach isn't good or that we can do better. I think Bevell is average at his job. Not the worst and probably not the best. Pete is comfortable with him and more importantly RW is as well. Some of the criticism is warranted for sure. I still think Russell makes up for some of Bevell's deficiencies but maybe I'm wrong. It will be a while before we find out, don't think Bevell is going to be getting any head coaching offers anytime soon. :twisted:

sutz

Reaction score
HawkerD":2qqf67ju said:
sutz":2qqf67ju said:

Funny, but that's exactly how we lost SB40*. ;)

Last I heard, it's about winning games, not syle points or Fantasy Football scores. I don't do FF, and I don't bet on the games, so frankly, IDC if we win by 1 or by 100. If we win I'm happy. Y'all have fun, though. :snack:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":3o268mjl said:
HawkerD":3o268mjl said:
sutz":3o268mjl said:

Funny, but that's exactly how we lost SB40*. ;)

Last I heard, it's about winning games, not syle points or Fantasy Football scores. I don't do FF, and I don't bet on the games, so frankly, IDC if we win by 1 or by 100. If we win I'm happy. Y'all have fun, though. :snack:

Yeah a lot of FF get ticked at games like this. All the red zone crying and why cant Graham get his blah blah blah. We won and did it comfortably. No blood pressure pills needed this week. A double victory for me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Struggling in the red zone is a significant issue even if you win.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":23ynol4l said:
I swear it's like some of you will defend Bevell regardless of what happens. :roll:

When we start putting up 40 points on a consistent basis, I'll lay off. We left at least 12 points on the board kicking fg's instead of scoring TD's.

NFL teams don't 'put up 40 points on a consistent basis'. To even make that comment after handsomely beating the #1 defense per DVOA with a creative and explosive offensive performance is bizarre.

And this is the issue here. After such a great day for the Seahawks you're saying 'people will do anything to defend Bevell'. Have you considered that to a lot of people, you come across as trying desperately to be negative about him too? You're expecting 40 points a game dude. Have you considered your unrealistic demands might be the problem?

BigBallsPete

Reaction score
If Bevell is so great, how come he doesn't get interviews for HC positions? The league tells us every year exactly what they think about Bevell. If he was even perceived as an "average" OC, he would have been hired away like Gus or Dan long ago.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1i9b2j34 said:
NFSeahawks628":1i9b2j34 said:

NFL teams don't 'put up 40 points on a consistent basis'. To even make that comment after handsomely beating the #1 defense per DVOA with a creative and explosive offensive performance is bizarre.

And this is the issue here. After such a great day for the Seahawks you're saying 'people will do anything to defend Bevell'. Have you considered that to a lot of people, you come across as trying desperately to be negative about him too? You're expecting 40 points a game dude. Have you considered your unrealistic demands might be the problem?

This. Thank you ENGLISH for pointing out what is obvious to many but not all.
Unrealistic demands. 40 points per game. Please. People think if they plug in the play they think they should have run it would automatically work. Also lots of comments about plays after watching the replay (multiple times) on a high def TV from comfort of living room. Lots of factors going into play calls. Many of which we are not privy to.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":34g3s06x said:
NFSeahawks628":34g3s06x said:

The Hawks have done a tremendous job moving the ball the last few weeks. The break downs in the red zone are an issue however (player, coach, OC... whatever).

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I am not sure about "destroying" or "killing" them. We had some moments.

We need to be better in the red zone.

Also, Philly has a good D but they are much better at home.

Positive trends lately, but let's hold our water a little here....and now we lose Prosise again.