The 2019 Recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
So the night before signing day. A few rumors on the things that are still up in the air and to be determined...

Sounds like the Ducks only new commitment tomorrow will be a 4 star DT from Memphis, Tennessee Kristian Williams.

They're also highly likely to grab senior transfer WR Juwan Johnson from Penn State, but thats probably a few days away and probably wont come out tomorrow.

The Huskies are almost certain to land 4 star linebacker from California Daniel Heimuli tomorrow.

High 4 star LB Henry To'oto'o is picking between UW and Alabama tomorrow. A month ago it was thought that he was all Alabama but Tosh Lupoi (To'oto'o's lead recruiter) leaving Alabama gave UW an opening, and reportedly they've really taken advantage of that, So he's one to keep an eye on tomorrow. Gun to my head, I think he chooses Bama, but UW definitely has a shot.

The other guy to keep an eye on is 4 star WR Puka Nacua. He is currently committed to USC, but most think that he's going to flip to either UW or UO, with very little chance he actually signs with USC. If he does indeed sign tomorrow (which is just the first day of the signing period... they have a few weeks to do it), it will likely be UW. They're considered the leaders at this point. He just visited Oregon over the weekend and he loved it, but Oregon doesnt even have a WR coach at the moment (Ours left for Mississippi State). There are some rumors coming out tonight that he may not sign anywhere tomorrow and might wait to see who the Ducks hire as the new WR coach. Also he made a mid week trip to UCLA and Chip Kelly is reallly trying to work them into his decision. And USC is really pushing the opportunity in their new air raid offense. If i had to bet my house, i'd bet that he signs with UW tomorrow. But its reportedly pretty close, and he may not have even made a decision yet.

One last thing, it sounds like 5 star WR Kyle Ford, who Oregon and Washington were both after, has decided to stick with USC.

drrew

Reaction score
Greg Biggins predicted Nacua to UW this afternoon. That's a pretty good sign.

CPHawk

Reaction score
drrew":35x8eg0a said:
Greg Biggins predicted Nacua to UW this afternoon. That's a pretty good sign.

He's waiting to sign now. He wants to see who UO hires as WR coach.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15pvdlse said:
Greg Biggins just predicted To'oto'o to Tennessee. Not sure what time he's announcing today.

Sometime between 12 and 1 on ESPNU.

drrew

Reaction score
Miami Hurricanes new 24 year old punter recruit from Australia. Looks like you'll find him singing for a death metal band on weekends.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProkickAus/status/1093099389273268226[/tweet]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":d4mlhd8i said:
Miami Hurricanes new 24 year old punter recruit from Australia. Looks like you'll find him singing for a death metal band on weekends.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProkickAus/status/1093099389273268226[/tweet]

Not your average punter....

D

DomeHawk

CPHawk":3h7qada6 said:
DomeHawk":3h7qada6 said:
Uncle Si":3h7qada6 said:
What do you attribute the attraction to Washington and Oregon is at the moment? Are they getting players that would typically go to the California schools? SEC getting overcrowded with talent?

Would be nice to see Pac-12 compete at the same level as the Big 10 has recently (before it starts challenging SEC of course)

UW is not only winning but sending early round NFL draftees every year, that is huge. USC and UCLA are doing neither of those things. Plus, the coaching stability at USC is very rocky right now and no one is buying into Chip Kelly at the moment.

Oregon is trying to sell something they have no background for. Cristobal has never really won at anything as a coach and Oregon was a couple of lucky breaks away from being a 6-5 team last year. I guess it is partly the Nike national brand that is so connected with Oregon (a part of modern culture), billionaire facilities, and the fact that Cristobal has sold the fact that, especially after this year, Oregon needs everything - so early playing time. But honestly, I can't figure it out, the off-campus environment in Eugene is very foreign to most of these players.

100% everything you say is made up and a lie. Troll

Every single thing I wrote is well documented, if anything, it is old news.

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-nort ... t_292.html

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":9n530bj3 said:
JSeahawks":9n530bj3 said:
Greg Biggins just predicted To'oto'o to Tennessee. Not sure what time he's announcing today.

Sometime between 12 and 1 on ESPNU.

To'oto'o has indeed commited to Tennessee. Signing day surprise there. Most thought Alabama.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":qpoyh0k7 said:
Heimuli is a Husky, as expected.

Have to love a linebacker with the nickname Danny Hammers.

That's it for UW today. We'll see what Nacua does over the next days/weeks.

Anyone else Oregon is still waiting on?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":1zn7q5oc said:
JSeahawks":1zn7q5oc said:

Just Nacua as well.

Still looking at a couple of grad transfers, but doubt that is announced today.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":lb8wzi88 said:
drrew":lb8wzi88 said:
JSeahawks":lb8wzi88 said:

Just Nacua as well.

Still looking at a couple of grad transfers, but doubt that is announced today.

I'm viewing Nacua not going today as a God send. I was thinking all WA, then it's being reported that he loved his trip to OR. On top of that he's been getting hammered by Graham Harrell and 2020 QB commit Bryce Young. I think the young man is wrestling with 3 schools he could be happy at and simply can't make up his mind.

I think any of the 3 schools would be lucky to have him.

D

DomeHawk

This is a really great defensive class for UDub, truly one of the best in the country.

drrew

Reaction score
One more late one for UW.

Drew Fowler - 3* LB from Bellevue High School - committed to UW as a preferred walk-on over scholarship offers from UCLA and Utah. I hope the kid balls out and earns himself a full ride.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/drewfowler44/status/1093270655296987136[/tweet]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":hqb1ul6i said:
I'm viewing Nacua not going today as a God send. I was thinking all WA, then it's being reported that he loved his trip to OR. On top of that he's been getting hammered by Graham Harrell and 2020 QB commit Bryce Young. I think the young man is wrestling with 3 schools he could be happy at and simply can't make up his mind.

I think any of the 3 schools would be lucky to have him.

I cant imagine being a 17 year old and trying to make this decision. I've heard Chip Kelly is trying to make a late push for him as well. Yesterday I was pretty sure he was going to sign with UW today. Now, its a toss up.

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2p0uaged said:
This is a really great defensive class for UDub, truly one of the best in the country.

Um did you see Oregons class?

drrew

Reaction score
Allweatherfan":2mpw285j said:
DomeHawk":2mpw285j said:

Oregon had an incredible class.

On the defensive side of the ball, Oregon commits have an average 24/7 rating of 90.43

UW is at 90.59.

Both programs should be very very happy with their respective recruiting classes, and if Nacua picks either school, it will just be a nice cherry on top.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":bjs8c3lh said:
Oregon had an incredible class.

On the defensive side of the ball, Oregon commits have an average 24/7 rating of 90.43

UW is at 90.59.

Both programs should be very very happy with their respective recruiting classes, and if Nacua picks either school, it will just be a nice cherry on top.

This rivalry should be a lot of fun over the next handful of years. Very rarely have both teams been good at the same time.

D

DomeHawk

Allweatherfan":ho0wvr03 said:
DomeHawk":ho0wvr03 said:

Um, did you see Oregon's defense the last few years?

2018: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

2017: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

2016: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

2015: UW #1 Pac-12 defense

Status
Not open for further replies.