The "All-in" QB???

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Last year we were told that Courtney Upshaw was going to be "the pick" in our 1st round and that Carroll and Schneider were going "all-in" for a QB next year (this year). After seeing the mediocre crop of QBs in this draft, who the hell were they thinking about?

Decimation

Reaction score
Barkley?

Geno?

I don't know, but damn am I glad that we have Wilson.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Knowing now that Wilson was Seattle's #1 priority last draft, I think it's fair to say that they never had a plan to go "all in" on any of these QBs this year.

I'd say that rumor was either wrong or simply used to further disguise their intentions to draft Russell. Jmo.

kearly

Reaction score
Didn't tell us, but it was very likely Barkley or perhaps Tyler Wilson. Barkley's GF is from Seattle and he was going to Seahawks games in 2011 because he really liked our team and badly wanted to be a part of it with PC. Had he come out in 2012, he probably would have. Sucks for him. I really like Barkley, but we seriously owe him one for going back to USC that last year given how things turned out since then, obviously.

We were never told Upshaw was the guy, but had three sources that all indicated Seattle had significant interest, so we put 2 + 2 together and ran with it. It was shortly after our last contact that Bruce Irvin started racing up everyone's draft board. Since it happened late, we didn't hear a peep about it. It is also possible the FO caught on to who the snitch was (since he helped us in 2010 and 2011) and used him to spread bad info (that he thought was good info). I don't think that's what happened, but I'm open to the possibility. Our FO is full of crafty bastards, and from what I understand they are aware of Rob's blog, so it's definitely possible.

Latest posts