The Apple Cup

davidonmi

Reaction score
I know that. It's not a big part of what WSU does in general. To win they'll need to be great at either sustaining long drives, or shut UW down on defense holding them to 24 points or less. If they do both they win, if they do one of the two it'll be a close game. Neither? they have no shot

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Tix to that game are like going to an NFL game. I was thinking about it, but I can go somewhere else and watch the game and have more fun for that money.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
LOL @ they ( the Cougs) have no shot. And UW's QB was the main reason they lost. He overthrew many open receivers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":37nju8h3 said:
LOL @ they ( the Cougs) have no shot. And UW's QB was the main reason they lost. He overthrew many open receivers.

Are the Cougs winning or losing? You literally said both answers within a few days of each other.

UWs QB seems to underthrow his receivers alot in what I watched this season.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Cougs, but I think the Huskies take it relatively easily. 42-31. Or something similar. Huskies pass rush is a problem, but their db's will pick Falk off a few times. WSU doesnt have Adoree Jackson to stick with John Ross.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This weekend will show if Washington's defense can continue to stand up now that they're missing both Joe Mathis and Azeem Victor. If they struggle with the Sun Devils then they're going to have a harder time with the Cougars.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3m1n2gry said:
This weekend will show if Washington's defense can continue to stand up now that they're missing both Joe Mathis and Azeem Victor. If they struggle with the Sun Devils then they're going to have a harder time with the Cougars.

Cougars have a tough match up in what may be snow covered Boulder this weekend as well.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pzg90u0 said:
SeatownJay":3pzg90u0 said:

Cougars have a tough match up in what may be snow covered Boulder this weekend as well.

Weather forecast is 50 degrees and partly cloudy.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":zxtkrivz said:
Uncle Si":zxtkrivz said:
SeatownJay":zxtkrivz said:

Weather forecast is 50 degrees and partly cloudy.

Woops... snowing today though

Still, UC is a good. Ranked #10

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":c8v63xjy said:
Largent80":c8v63xjy said:

Are the Cougs winning or losing? You literally said both answers within a few days of each other.

UWs QB seems to underthrow his receivers alot in what I watched this season.

Not sure, but I don't think the Cougs D will not be able to match USC's.

Gut says Cougs win however. And I actually hope they do since UW got defeated. They will both be in bowl games.

nategreat

Reaction score
Cougs will lose and it won't even be close. You can probably stop watching at halftime

irocdave

Reaction score
As a life long UW fan, and closet Coug fan, this will be a great game to watch. The UW has much more riding on the outcome, if WSU wins they wont sniff the national playoff picture. If UW wins they could play Colorado or USC for the right to play in the big four dance. UW "should" beat WSU, but it will be a close game. Dawgs have the corners to make a difference and if Jake Locker loses the fear USC put in him he will sling it all over the place with the accuracy he is known for. Not sure what happened in the USC game but he looked scared. He shouldn't be, dudes a stud even though he looks like a dork.

UW smokes WSU, that's my predictions. Then they rip a new hole in USC.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":155oij27 said:
As a life long UW fan, and closet Coug fan, this will be a great game to watch. The UW has much more riding on the outcome, if WSU wins they wont sniff the national playoff picture. If UW wins they could play Colorado or USC for the right to play in the big four dance. UW "should" beat WSU, but it will be a close game. Dawgs have the corners to make a difference and if Jake Locker loses the fear USC put in him he will sling it all over the place with the accuracy he is known for. Not sure what happened in the USC game but he looked scared. He shouldn't be, dudes a stud even though he looks like a dork.

UW smokes WSU, that's my predictions. Then they rip a new hole in USC.
I hope so..Games on national tv ..GO DAWGS!!!

davidonmi

Reaction score
I think UW wins just because they match up well with WSU.
Then if they face colorado in the pac title game they win, they face USC they lose. USC is a borderline top 5 team right now

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When I watched the USC game, I saw a lot of missed opportunities for UW. There were open receivers that Jake didn't see or couldn't hit. Smith abandoned the run way too early as well. Don't get me wrong...USC is a very good team, but I think they're beatable, especially since UW now knows what to expect.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Rha Rha TCU

GooooooFrogs.

Just kidding y'all :{)

Actually I don't have a dog in this fight.
Grew up in and around the Spokane Valley, so back in the day, being an east sider, I rooted for the Cougs over Dawgs. I have no idea how many trips to Pullman I made on the weekends. Drinking age was 19 in Idaho at the time. We would get so messed up in Moscow, then head back to Pulman to "house party". I Honestly don't know how I survived those days/trips. Thank God that HIV wasn't an issue, and some penicillin would handle most problems.
Sorry, got caught up in the reminiscing:{)
Seriously though, I have no idea how or why I lived through that period.

Since moving to Texas, I've always pulled for both teams.

Any of y'all old enough to remember the WSU "RPM" days?
Wow, that was a great time for those guys.

Anyway, I just want to see a great, hard fought game. From my stand point, it's awesome to see both of these teams playing well, with a shot at a top level "bowl game". I'm going to have to guess that the Home team wins this one. No reason other than the HFA.
I wouldn't put any money it though. This is one of those games that you can throw stats & injuries out the window. Pick whatever team you want, if you get it right, it will have been a lucky guess.

GoFrogs
:{)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":18w0nt3n said:
Rha Rha TCU

GooooooFrogs.

Just kidding y'all :{)

Actually I don't have a dog in this fight.

Any of y'all old enough to remember the WSU "RPM" days?
Wow, that was a great time for those guys.

Anyway, I just want to see a great, hard fought game. From my stand point, it's awesome to see both of these teams playing well, with a shot at a top level "bowl game". I'm going to have to guess that the Home team wins this one. No reason other than the HFA.
I wouldn't put any money it though. This is one of those games that you can throw stats & injuries out the window. Pick whatever team you want, if you get it right, it will have been a lucky guess.

GoFrogs
:{)

So you are a coug fan. Go Cougs. My brother was in college at WSU during the timeframe you speak of....7 miles is a long way.....

We grew up in the middle of the route between Cougville and Huskyville.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2vi1guoj said:
Don't get me wrong...USC is a very good team, but I think they're beatable, especially since UW now knows what to expect.

What?...another ass beating?