The Calm Before The Storm

Cartire

Reaction score
I havent been around here much the last 2 weeks. While part of this is because of a busy schedule, the main reason is by choice. Let me explain.

At this point, I consider myself (and all of us as well), seasoned Super Bowl fans. The once, amazing thrill, of even going to the Super Bowl (let alone winning it) has slightly faded. While im still excited for the big game, the ability to stay in a 24/7 hawk-information overload has subsided. Last year, I could hardly be pried away from the computer or TV with constant coverage of the Hawks. I wanted to know everything that was happening all the time. The 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl were amazing. I liken it to the feeling in 2006 as well. It was all capped off by a glorious victory last year. A perfect bow on the top of the best birthday present one can get.

But it was a burn out.

This year, Ive begun to see the over reaching abilities of the NFL for what they are. 24/7 coverage can be a harsh thing when there isnt really that much to talk about. It becomes about controversy and scandals. Sound bites and rehashes. Pointless interviews with cliche answers. And then dissecting those answers ad-naseum until your brain explodes. Analyzing the game to point out ever single weak spot of both team, and then realizing that if you put every analyst together, you discover that each team is the worst, and also the very best. Its confusing and nonsensical. Its nothing but repetition and running around in circles. I cant take it anymore. I just want football. The game, not the novel.

And here is no different. While its not the fault of .net, its exactly the same. "Discussing" the soon to be played game is repetitive. The mundane articles are reposted here and picked apart. Its almost a paradoxical inception where the over-analyzed articles are then scrutinized and RE-ANALYZED here. And the sad part is, almost nothing new is ever learned. ITs the same stuff spewed over and over again. The same cliches. The same arguments. The same mantras and smack talk.

Now, this is nothing against .net. And I dont fault anyone for being able to enjoy the last 2 weeks. But its been near impossible for me. While my excitement for the Game and my Team have remained. The coverage of the event has deterred me greatly. I find myself rolling my eyes more then when listening to Ted Cruz speak. And its probably my fault in the end, but I cant believe that im the only one that is tired of Media week and the extreme oversatuation of the NFL. Please note, that I dont mean NFL games. I mean NFL COVERAGE.

But, today is different. Today is Super Bowl Eve. This is the day where you sit and patiently wait, knowing that tomorrow when you wake up and dawn your gear, everything that you have waded through will be worth it. The coverage has lessened. Theres a calm quiet in the air now. Its peaceful. Its exuberant. This is the best day. Today, the whole range of possibilities is still upon us. Just like when we were kids, the whole world was yours for the taking. Today is no different. Allow today to be amazing. Allow yourself the ability to love today. Because when today is over, and all the chips are pushed in, you'll have no more wonder. Make this day count. Make it count likes its the last day you have. Monday will come, and it will either be the best day, or the worst day. Those will be the only 2 possibilities. But today, today has no issues. Today is calm. Something we wont have for a bit. Relish in today.

And prepare for tomorrow...

F2d572bf51a0662492d52c82dfdc3b07

Footnote: Kahlua Especial is amazing in coffee on a saturday.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bravo. I can't agree more. I even said half-jokingly to a neighbor yesterday..."Even I am getting tired of the Seahawks!" Of course, not really, but the coverage is tenaciously repetitive and every other way you described. The game couldn't start soon enough.

The players feel precisely the same.

I plan on enjoying tomorrow and Monday (I took the day off) even if we lose because as many have pointed out, win or lose tomorrow, we still are set up as a franchise, for much success over the next several years.

Tomorrow should be a fantastic experience, and hopefully one that ends the way we hope. If not? We celebrate how far we've come as an organization, and the imminent successes up ahead.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":102s9f46 said:
Bravo. I can't agree more. I even said half-jokingly to a neighbor yesterday..."Even I am getting tired of the Seahawks!" Of course, not really, but the coverage is tenaciously repetitive and every other way you described. The game couldn't start soon enough.

The players feel precisely the same.

I plan on enjoying tomorrow and Monday (I took the day off) even if we lose because as many have pointed out, win or lose tomorrow, we still are set up as a franchise, for much success over the next several years.

Tomorrow should be a fantastic experience, and hopefully one that ends the way we hope. If not? We celebrate how far we've come as an organization, and the imminent successes up ahead.

very well said!

LTH

Greenhell

Reaction score
You nailed it. My same feelings about the past two weeks. I will totally enjoy today more thanks to your insight.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Cartire...
I dedicate this article to you

http://gawker.com/who-would-win-if-real-seahawks-played-football-against-1682871213/+bubbaprog

:th2thumbs:

For whatever reason, Americans prefer the Super Bowl to involve men playing football under the names of various animals and soldiers, and not the actual soldiers and animals themselves. Which is why at Gawker, we're asking the only important question: What would happen if a real patriot played against a real seahawk?

This is really two questions: One, if the two fought, who would win; two, if the two played football, who would win? In 2013, which pitted gold-mining 49ers against ravens, the result was too close to call; last year, when we asked the same question about seahawks and broncos, the seahawks had the edge—and guess who went on to win?