the difference between the way Wilson and Brady talk about..

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":3o5pzqtf said:
the difference between the way Wilson and Brady talk about legacy

I thought this was an interesting take

https://twitter.com/i/status/1486048491134586881

Thoughts?

LTH

Brady and Manning are just football players, unlike our Russ, they didn't have the ability to plan ahead. Our Russ will be a team owner of a NFL franchise, may run for president one day. Different kettle of fish.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Wilson has always been a closet diva!

He talks about HIS legacy all the time!

People love Peyton Manning cause the guy is genuine, funny and a cool dude.

People love Brady cause the guy has a personality and his teammates love him!

Is Wilson a guy people want to be friends with? Probably not.

Tired of Wilson’s persona and his “Mr. Unlimited” and talks about Legacy.

Just play better.

Your personal legacy doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win enough meaningful games and if people do not like you personally.

toffee

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":8e1vy16q said:
Wilson has always been a closet diva!

He talks about HIS legacy all the time!

People love Peyton Manning cause the guy is genuine, funny and a cool dude.

People love Brady cause the guy has a personality and his teammates love him!

Is Wilson a guy people want to be friends with? Probably not.

Tired of Wilson’s persona and his “Mr. Unlimited” and talks about Legacy.

Just play better.

Your personal legacy doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win enough meaningful games and if people do not like you personally.

Can't judge Mr. Wilson without ever crossed paths with him, his public persona has always been super clean and positive, from children's hospital going, charity fund raising, to personal perfume selling, nothing wrong with any of that.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think Russ is a great guy, honestly. I also think he's been caught up in trying to secure his legacy and place as one of the top 'throwers of the ball' in the NFL - not manager QB, not scrambling QB. And even more so, I think he's trying to destroy the perception that he's good, but not the same guy when he doesn't have a great defense and running game. He's been on a mission over the last 3 years to throw himself into the MVP / HOF conversation and when in conversation, says thing like 'I'm still great... I know I'm great..'. 'I want to be the MVP...'. If you ask me ( and nobody did) I think he's caught up on the idea that he will always be the asterisk qb, in the same way Terry Bradshaw was / is. Great Qb. Yup. HOF good, sure. But woukd you want him over Staubach or Stabler?? Hell no. Terry had a HOf coach guiding a HOF defense and HOF running back and rushing attack. He ran the offense effectively, hit some all time great highlight reel passes to guys like Swann. But Terry's accolades are always are sung in chorus with his those of his equally accomplished teammates.

I think Russ is hell bent on getting out of the shadow of Pete's brainchild, and a team, that if it wins again, will be because he falls back in line, and plays alongside the running game and defense, not in front of it. Which, in a way, is still losing for him in terms of his legacy.

I understand his frustration, but have to agree that it is now very much more about him than it is the team. And I can't begrudge him that. Honestly. Its his career. He has his talents and his shortcomings. If he spends the next 5 years wondering about what might have been if he'd played somewhere else, I think he will regret it for the rest of his life and will have no one to blame but himself.

xray

Reaction score
It's all about the rings . Why make it complicated ?