WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
They would have sneaked it with Rodgers for a 1st on 4th and inches

Delano can't give him so much space on 4th down. So slow to react

Washington49er

Reaction score
253hawk":216wje21 said:
Washington49er":216wje21 said:
This caused the loss? How about maybe your coach plays 4 qtrs instead of 2.

Where did I say it caused the loss? Please show me. Yet another piss poor 1st half caused the loss.

But, it'd have been nice to have at least had the opportunity to make a stop, get the ball back, and the opportunity to drive down and win the game. And not relieve Vinny Testaverde's $h!t helmet all over again.

Did you see my ?, it was a question. Like this one. If they called it 4th and inches what do you think, does GB go for it? Chances they make it?

Think it was a wash for the play earlier that there wasn't enough to call a clear recovery on Hawk fumble. Did you think GB recovered it?

253hawk

Reaction score
They probably go for it, but Rodgers rarely sneaks. QBs have fumbled snaps, and the defense was pretty good at stuffing them on the goal line a few times. I don't want guess what would have happened based on odds or chances, I want to see it play out, which is why they play the games instead of just making up a box score based on rosters and stats.

Kind of like how I wonder what would have happened if Russ had another shot at the end zone at the end of the 1st half, before the clock operator decided to let that last :01 second burn off after the ball had already hit the ground.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2z9ev2yr said:
Washington49er":2z9ev2yr said:
253hawk":2z9ev2yr said:
Washington49er":2z9ev2yr said:
Yellow line is for TV only

That's the unofficial marker for the visiting side/fans/TV viewers. They are eyeballed off of the official markers, 160' away on the home team sideline...which is where the yellow line is drawn from as well. The chances of those markers being less accurate than the yellow line are pretty good.

Nice try, though.

This caused the loss? How about maybe your coach plays 4 qtrs instead of 2.

You are better than this. Cmon

No, they really aren't.

cymatica

Reaction score
253hawk":2qyxurke said:
They probably go for it, but Rodgers rarely sneaks. QBs have fumbled snaps, and the defense was pretty good at stuffing them on the goal line a few times. I don't want guess what would have happened based on odds or chances, I want to see it play out, which is why they play the games instead of just making up a box score based on rosters and stats.

Kind of like how I wonder what would have happened if Russ had another shot at the end zone at the end of the 1st half, before the clock operator decided to let that last :01 second burn off after the ball had already hit the ground.

Yeah that was infuriating. There was clearly 1 second left on the clock

John63

Reaction score
Look this is the problem with PC bs game plans and stupid you cant win in 1,2,3 bs. It leaves little margin for error and allows the refs, penalties, and other things to impact the game more than they should. I dont blame the refs, I blame PC it should never come down to this.

cymatica

Reaction score
John63":3u7zm06z said:
Look this is the problem with PC bs game plans and stupid you cant win in 1,2,3 bs. It leaves little margin for error and allows the refs, penalties, and other things to impact the game more than they should. I dont blame the refs, I blame PC it should never come down to this.

In the other thread there is a linked tweet that shows Seattle is 2-5 in divisional games under PC, with a -99 point differential in the first halves. Basically, down 20 points on average at the end of half in the 2nd round. Just an indicator of bad gameplanning/preparation.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
They would have made on sneak anyway... Diggs would have lit him up before and more not allowed Adams pass... Jimmy benefited from not being smacked all game.. ******* Jimmy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
1) His legs were on top of the defender trying to tackle him. Therefore he was still falling forward and not down yet.

2) As stated in this thread the yellow line is for TV only. As seen in the picture posted the first down marker is in a different place from the yellow line for TV.

3) Yes he made it. Barely. But he made it.

4) There was not enough conclusive evidence to overturn it. Therefore you go with the call on the field which was he made the 1st down.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
bdawk20":uxjv8uig said:
Not as bad as the fumble the pack clearly recovered

That looked like a clear fumble and clear recovery to me. I don't know what they were thinking?

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":2a5vheo9 said:
John63":2a5vheo9 said:

In the other thread there is a linked tweet that shows Seattle is 2-5 in divisional games under PC, with a -99 point differential in the first halves. Basically, down 20 points on average at the end of half in the 2nd round. Just an indicator of bad gameplanning/preparation.

PC said they use the 1st half test the other teams defense, so there you go.

bdawk20

Reaction score
Also the yellow line is like a full yard ahead of where it should be

253hawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":jorb0qjd said:
1) His legs were on top of the defender trying to tackle him. Therefore he was still falling forward and not down yet.

2) As stated in this thread the yellow line is for TV only. As seen in the picture posted the first down marker is in a different place from the yellow line for TV.

3) Yes he made it. Barely. But he made it.

4) There was not enough conclusive evidence to overturn it. Therefore you go with the call on the field which was he made the 1st down.

1) Nope. Check the pic.

2) Those markers are no more official than the yellow line. Only the near side markers on the GB bench are for official measurements, which is why the chain gang only operates from that side. The yellow line is based off of those pylons, so it is likely to be more accurate than the far side markers. The yellow line can't be off unless the original 1st down marker is off, because that's what it based off of.

3) LOL no. See the pic. This is Vinny Testaverde all over again.

4) And that's the problem. Despite all of the technology, were are still basically defaulting to ref eyesight like it's 1920 to determine ball placement in a game of inches, where every inch matters, even though Jimmy Dickfingers clearly came up short.

OYkbs7j

APB

Reaction score
While the visitor sideline marker isn’t the “official” marker, it is a helluva lot closer than the made-for-tv yellow line. Let’s not pretend the sideline marker official can’t peer across the field and align the marker pretty damn close based upon its relative position to the white lines painted in the grass every yard.

First down

Mindsink

Reaction score
Some of you guys are really grasping here. That spot was so close it could have gone either way.

And it's not as if we would have stopped them on 4th and inches anyway.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Mindsink":1yrg25fw said:
Some of you guys are really grasping here. That spot was so close it could have gone either way.

The issue I think is twofold:

(1) We have a discrepancy between an unofficial TV marker and an unofficial on-field yardage marker, and that difference *seems* like it could be the difference in the call being correct or incorrect.

(2) The *seems* in #1 is wildly important because EVERYBODY expressing certainity -- be it Packers fans or Seahawks fans -- is full of crap because Lano Hill's body shields when Graham's shoulder touches the ground.

No matter what the call was, without absolutely clear visual evidence the call on the field is going to stand. It's no different than the Seahawks' non-turnover on their 25 yard line on their first play of the game, or Aaron Jones' TD.

They've thrown millions of dollars in cameras at it and you just can't overturn plays without absolutely clear visual evidence, full stop.

253hawk

Reaction score
None of those images prove anything, because they are all using the visitor markers. Until an image is posted with the official markers in frame for reference, you can't say that the yellow line is wrong because it is drawn based on those. How are they 1' off? The ball would have been spotted a full 1' behind the original LOS on 1st down, and no one said anything? On a game-critical drive in the playoffs?

I'm not saying the line isn't wrong...but all of the arguments saying that it is lack any sort of tangible evidence. And that pylon cam quality is...yeesh. Not meant for spotting in the middle of the field, it's for OOB instances. A fisheye lens from 70' away is not a tool anyone should be using as a definitive form of 'proof' in a game of inches.

Everything looked lined up correctly here...but the unofficial markers somehow ended up behind the line to gain at the 36 instead of on it? Hmmm...

HKOcUZ1