The Jimmy "1st down"

ptisme

Reaction score
253hawk":2qsm7mrw said:
None of those images prove anything, because they are all using the visitor markers. Until an image is posted with the official markers in frame for reference, you can't say that the yellow line is wrong because it is drawn based on those. How are they 1' off? The ball would have been spotted a full 1' behind the original LOS on 1st down, and no one said anything? On a game-critical drive in the playoffs?

I'm not saying the line isn't wrong...but all of the arguments saying that it is lack any sort of tangible evidence. And that pylon cam quality is...yeesh. Not meant for spotting in the middle of the field, it's for OOB instances. A fisheye lens from 70' away is not a tool anyone should be using as a definitive form of 'proof' in a game of inches.

Everything looked lined up correctly here...but the unofficial markers somehow ended up behind the line to gain at the 36 instead of on it? Hmmm...

HKOcUZ1

https://dailysnark.com/new-image-shows- ... arker-was/

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ptisme":5k9ai56g said:

Even if the potential discrepancy in that image shows the "true" first down line, I'm not convinced he had the first.

I dont think the refs saw the helmet hit, I think they gave him credit for the roll and stretch after. And to be fair, it was hard to see in real time.

Bang bang play either way. He was absolutely short, but spots just rarely get changed.

The TD was much more egregious though if we are being honest. That call gets made correctly and we may not be talking about Jimmy.

253hawk

Reaction score
ptisme":2lp8fzeo said:

Yeah, those are unofficial markers on the visitor sideline. They are eyeballed 160' away from the official ones on the home side. That's like standing 3 yards deep in the end zone and lining up a marker at the 50 yard line. They're for rough illustrative guidance only; no official measurements are actually taken from them. There's a way higher chance for error on those since they're placed by humans...I mean I know yellow line technology isn't foolproof, but to be that far off, 3 downs in a row? Come on now.

Look at where the ball and original LOS is on 1st down. It doesn't correlate with there the line would be if those were official. They are at least 1' behind. if they were official, then all the markers on 1st down and 2nd down are wrong as well and GB is cheating the ball forward by almost half a yard.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I was watching the game with my buddy who's a Green Bay fan and I told him Graham would catch a first down pass because Seattle cant and never could cover a TE. Lo and behold. He asked me how I knew it was coming. Just told him thats how terribly predictable the Hawks are.

rcaido

Reaction score
Watch the full replay, how sketchy was that line ref...He actually does a little extra hop & also gave an even more favorable spot w/ the football. Look short but i can understand not being able to reverse the call. Refs were giving a lot favorable spots the whole game to the Packers and none whatsoever w/ Seahawks.

We got that one call in the first quarter & that was the fumble which was really big too.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkpower":16tik1a0 said:
ptisme":16tik1a0 said:

Even if the potential discrepancy in that image shows the "true" first down line, I'm not convinced he had the first.

I dont think the refs saw the helmet hit, I think they gave him credit for the roll and stretch after. And to be fair, it was hard to see in real time.

Bang bang play either way. He was absolutely short, but spots just rarely get changed.

The TD was much more egregious though if we are being honest. That call gets made correctly and we may not be talking about Jimmy.
The Ref was standing right there. The best video we had on the play got obscured at the last minute by Bobby Wagner. If you look at the view from the opposite side you can see where the ball was when the helmet touched and it's a first down. BTW there was a fumble in the first half that should have been Packers ball that was also obvious to see.. You lost, not because of the refs, but because you couldn't run the ball or stop Rodgers/Adams....

knownone

Reaction score
253hawk":j73ssgdg said:
ptisme":j73ssgdg said:

Yeah, those are unofficial markers on the visitor sideline. They are eyeballed 160' away from the official ones on the home side. That's like standing 3 yards deep in the end zone and lining up a marker at the 50 yard line. They're for rough illustrative guidance only; no official measurements are actually taken from them. There's a way higher chance for error on those since they're placed by humans...I mean I know yellow line technology isn't foolproof, but to be that far off, 3 downs in a row? Come on now.

Look at where the ball and original LOS is on 1st down. It doesn't correlate with there the line would be if those were official. They are at least 1' behind. if they were official, then all the markers on 1st down and 2nd down are wrong as well and GB is cheating the ball forward by almost half a yard.
This.

The yellow line goes off the measurements of the official marker which would be the chain gang... does anyone see a chain attached to that marker?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ptisme":1c92f52h said:
Hawkpower":1c92f52h said:
ptisme":1c92f52h said:

The Ref was standing right there. The best video we had on the play got obscured at the last minute by Bobby Wagner. If you look at the view from the opposite side you can see where the ball was when the helmet touched and it's a first down. BTW there was a fumble in the first half that should have been Packers ball that was also obvious to see.. You lost, not because of the refs, but because you couldn't run the ball or stop Rodgers/Adams....

Your last line is a cop out. Nowhere did I blame the loss on the refs.

And yes we got a gift with the fumble.

None of that changes that you got two gifts on those spots. Disagree that the ball had crossed the first down when his helmet touched down. It was at least half a yard short if not more.

Starrlord

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":t7lpa98a said:
flmmkrz":t7lpa98a said:
View attachment 1You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down
I said I the game day boards we would not get any calls.

When you like to play games like this, leaving it to officials is gonna burn you sooner than later.

It just so happens to be during a win or go home game.

What can you do?

Um. The fumble call that clearly bounced right into a Packers chest and prevented us from getting the ball in Seahawks territory wasn't a big call? Lol

Also, see attachment. CLEAR first down, not even close.

Attachments

• EOLHeS0UcAAiLMZ.jpeg.jpg
    EOLHeS0UcAAiLMZ.jpeg.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 478
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Starrlord":2jl1ihq3 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2jl1ihq3 said:
flmmkrz":2jl1ihq3 said:
View attachment 1You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down
I said I the game day boards we would not get any calls.

When you like to play games like this, leaving it to officials is gonna burn you sooner than later.

It just so happens to be during a win or go home game.

What can you do?

Um. The fumble call that clearly bounced right into a Packers chest and prevented us from getting the ball in Seahawks territory wasn't a big call? Lol

You made your point. Congratulations. Now please leave and enjoy getting destroyed again by the Whiners.

Also, see attachment. CLEAR first down, not even close.

253hawk

Reaction score
Scroll up page 1 homie, that unofficial pylon line has already been discussed.

Can't take a grown man seriously when his only evidence and argument is 'shut up'.

Starrlord

Reaction score
253hawk":2uwpwlam said:

Can't take a grown man seriously when his only evidence and argument is 'shut up'.

Posting a picture clearly and undeniably demonstrating the ball was easily across the line fails to equal "The only argument is shutup", but thanks for trying bud lol.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Starrlord":20s5md43 said:
253hawk":20s5md43 said:

Posting a picture clearly and undeniably demonstrating the ball was easily across the line fails to equal "The only argument is shutup", but thanks for trying bud lol.

It’s already been established that marker on that side of the field was unofficial.

Plus your picture doesn’t show jack. What, exactly are we supposed to be surmising from that? Still looks short to me. Because he was.

Starrlord

Reaction score
Hawkpower":11vh53cv said:
Starrlord":11vh53cv said:
253hawk":11vh53cv said:

It’s already been established that marker on that side of the field was unofficial.

Plus your picture doesn’t show jack. What, exactly are we supposed to be surmising from that? Still looks short to me. Because he was.

The ball is certainly over the marker in that picture, unless you think he was carrying the ball beneath his belly button lol. Need another? Ok!

Attachments

• EOITs6IWkAAA_2r.jpeg.jpg
    EOITs6IWkAAA_2r.jpeg.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 455

253hawk

Reaction score
That's because the marker in the picture is...wait for it...NOT ON THE 36 YARD LINE WHERE THE LINE TO GAIN WAS SET, BASED ON THE 1ST DOWN MARKER AND BALL POSITION IN MY PIC.

And holy hell, try to not use a picture that makes The Hubble Telescope look like an atomic microscope in comparison.

HKOcUZ1

Starrlord

Reaction score
253hawk":1fplcovg said:
That's because the marker in the picture is...wait for it...NOT ON THE 36 YARD LINE WHERE THE LINE TO GAIN WAS SET, BASED ON THE 1ST DOWN MARKER AND BALL POSITION IN MY PIC.

And holy hell, try to not use a picture that makes The Hubble Telescope look like an atomic microscope in comparison.

HKOcUZ1

What? The red line marks exactly the 1st down marker in the pic I posted. Unless Graham was carrying the ball beneath his belly button, he clearly picked up the first.

253hawk

Reaction score
The red line was drawn by someone in MS Paint. Once again, for the new kids in class, the markers on the visitor side of the field are unofficial and visually based off of the OFFICIAL MARKERS on the home field side, which is where all official measurements and the CGI lines are based from. The far side markers are picked up and moved, eyeballed with the official markers all the way on the other side of the field, and dropped on the ground. They are no more official than the yellow line is, which tends to be way more consistently accurate due to it being based off of the official sticks. Those markers are based on human eyesight at 160' over the crown of the field.