The Jimmy "1st down"

balakoth

Reaction score
Starrlord":2ftoczf2 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2ftoczf2 said:
flmmkrz":2ftoczf2 said:
View attachment 1You obviously havent seen the additional footage they got it was clear as day that it was a first down
I said I the game day boards we would not get any calls.

When you like to play games like this, leaving it to officials is gonna burn you sooner than later.

It just so happens to be during a win or go home game.

What can you do?

Um. The fumble call that clearly bounced right into a Packers chest and prevented us from getting the ball in Seahawks territory wasn't a big call? Lol

Also, see attachment. CLEAR first down, not even close.

Reading is hard.. we get it... still on about this marker you posted.. that wasn't even the right sport.. nor was it the official marker from the chain gang.. WHAT about this basic premise is eluding you? Serious question

jmahon316

Reaction score
9oz103xfa1b41

New image came out today. I realize Packers could've easily gotten the first down from 1 yard away, but they also could've failed as well.

BASF

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":p2uoy71t said:
1) His legs were on top of the defender trying to tackle him. Therefore he was still falling forward and not down yet.

"RULE SUMMARY VIEW OFFICIAL RULE
An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:

when a runner is contacted by an opponent and touches the ground with any part of his body other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground. A runner touching the ground with his hands or feet while in the grasp of an opponent may continue to advance"

He was down by contact the second his helmet hit the ground as it was the first part of his body that hit the ground that wasn't his hands or feet. It is right there in the first sentence of the rule. The divot in the ground from his helmet was a couple of feet behind the marker. That isn't my opinion, it is in every picture that everyone has been posting.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
jmahon316":mnwu6147 said:
9oz103xfa1b41

New image came out today. I realize Packers could've easily gotten the first down from 1 yard away, but they also could've failed as well.

Why use the still shot when you can use the actual video the still shot is taken from, and which gives the exact opposite impression of what you're saying is conclusive?

See 1:10 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjwPb3lJMGY

Either way I have no real skin in this and my conclusion is it's very close and whatever was called on the field wasn't going to be overturned no matter what.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2spynyqv said:
jmahon316":2spynyqv said:
9oz103xfa1b41

Why use the still shot when you can use the actual video the still shot is taken from, and which gives the exact opposite impression of what you're saying is conclusive?

See 1:10 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjwPb3lJMGY

Either way I have no real skin in this and my conclusion is it's very close and whatever was called on the field wasn't going to be overturned no matter what.

they can't go back and fix it so what's done is done but the whole point of replay is to be able to stop the play and get the call right. The freezeframe shows he's down. That means on the video it'll show he's down. The video just goes faster so it makes harder to notice but unless the pics been altered it would show the same thing.