The Legacy Died on the Field in SB 49

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk84":4bveman5 said:
Gentlemen I am here to say....the special Seahawks we knew. The potential legacy run this team "could have" been. Guys, those Seahawks we knew. The corpse is still lying on the field where SB 49 happened. The head is mounted on the wall in Tom Brady's sports den.

Not a troll post by any means. Just calling it how I see it. Superbowl 49 ended this team mentally, and with it....everything special this run could have been. The wheels are coming off week by week, and we reinsert ourselves in the medicore pack of the NFL.

Damn it
I agree. It's horrible that a fake team like Arizona gets to carry our banner. Personally I'm hoping for a Minnesota vs New England Superbowl that results in Minnesota winning for the first time.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
Gonna post my crow....

Regardless of a win or loss...Hawks proved to me they still got some mental toughness tonight.

I was dead wrong saying they were dead and buried. Win or lose this team just hasn't had the breaks this year and made mistakes at horrible junctions.

Win or lose they got my respect back with the way they responded tonight. Win or lose this is a scrappy bunch and I will root for them and believe in them. They gained my trust that they will not die.

I was dead wrong.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
They came back and showed big resolve and heart. However yes I agree....they are not the same group mentally. These guys might need another season to get right....or they may never get to that level again tbh. That loss could of killed them.

They showed a pulse, that they are trying to get up and kicking, but it just isn't there. I think at this point you have to consider that this season is on ice until this team proves otherwise. I see playoff chances as slim pickens at best at this point.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Every series started out 1 and 20 . I get being passy. But to abandon the run when rawls and marshawn were moving it 6 yards a pop .

Im for a new oc now :(

RiverDog

Reaction score
This is a different team and Russell Wilson is a different quarterback. We are not playoff quality.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":b9gc6ho0 said:
Hasselbeck":b9gc6ho0 said:
Largent80":b9gc6ho0 said:
In EACH of the games we lost so far we were simply one play away from winning all of them except green bay.

If you buy the into the op, I've got a skyscraper in Kansas to sell you.

So you think there were absolutely no ramifications from that play call in February? Nothing that can spill over if we start 2-5? Nothing that has spilled over now?

That's a lot more naive than what the OP said.

Maybe to many they do have some sort of stupid hangover that they languish over, but I find it ridiculous to hold onto those thoughts. I'm sure the players don't even think about it.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that that play is affecting this season. I don't believe the players are thinking about it. I just think it squashed our mojo and took part of the soul of the team. No question, IMO.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
IndyHawk84":1yt8bazf said:
One thing that isn't all bad. We finally had our history defining "run." For 3 seasons 12, 13, 14 we were the premiere team that other teams envied. One of the best defensive stretches in NFL history.

The hawks had a run that left it's mark in NFL history. the SB 48 beat down on the greatest offense in history will always be remembered. I thank Pete and co. for making that a reality the last three years.
That wasn't the greatest offense in NFL history. Pretty much all statistics that look beyond points scored show that it was barely a top ten all time offense-WHICH IS GREAT, don't get me wrong, but the 2013 Seahawks defense was a top ten all time DEFENSE, so while impressive, shutting them down isn't as far fetched a thing as you might think.

I just get tired of hearing people call that the best offense ever. Usually it's Broncos fans, but Hawks fans are the second loudest on that. I'll put it this way: 2007 and 2010 Pats, 1998 Vikings, 1999-2001 Rams and even the 1994 49ers and 1998 Broncos are up there with them (in terms of standard deviation from the rest of the league in scoring, the 2001 Rams and 1994 49ers are literally right behind the 2013 Broncos). In terms of the advanced statistic DVOA, the 2013 Bronco offense isn't even the best DENVER offense of all time: the 1998 Broncos beat them. And given that teams absurd offensive balance, I guarantee you the 1998 Broncos put up more points against the 2013 Seahawks than the 2013 Broncos did.

Points are what win games, but points are NOT the only indicator of good offense. In fact, often times points scored is as much an indicator of how bad your DEFENSE is, because usually a great offense slows down when the game is out of hand.

Anyway that Hawk defense was great, but they didn't face the best offense ever. No one did in 2013. It looks like that team played in 2007.