OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":3pfyd2k4 said:
DomeHawk":3pfyd2k4 said:
Sports Hernia":3pfyd2k4 said:
DomeHawk":3pfyd2k4 said:
So funny watching Jake outplay Minshew yesterday, I have a lot of respect for Minshew but it seems, in spite of all the criticism Jake gets all he does is win; AND, every time he comes up against one these heralded wonderkinds from Falk to Herbert and now Minshew, he outplays them.

Not only the winningest quarterback in UW history but the winningest quarterback in Pac history.

WE all should be so bad.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/11/23/ ... uarterback
LOL, I KNEW this thread was coming!

Are you sure you are not Softy, Hughie, or Danny O’? Just asking. The way you guys white knight for this kid is embarrassing.

I certainly hope you were not one of those fools that was touting Browning as a Heisman candidate during his sophomore season.

Browning is slow to process pressure, which leads to dumb mistakes, that a Senior QB shouldn’t make. He had 2 of those yesterday.

You ever notice that the less Browning throws and the more they run the more successful they are?

Sure, he puts up killer numbers against the Northgate States of the world but when it’s a huge must win game for national championship ramifications he fails.

So Browning gets all of the credit for all those wins and we are supposed to ignore the fact it’s been during a down pac-12 run, he has had a very good O-line, an awesome defense, and playmakers, like John Ross, Dante Pettis, Miles Gaskin, and a slew of other great RB’s?

Maybe, just maybe, you and the other Browning apologists (which are all over Seattle Sportsradio BTW) are giving him too much credit?

I think starting next season you are going to see the UW QB play elevated to a level we haven’t seen in a couple of decades.

No one that Jake was all-world or that he was responsible for all the winds but the facts speak for themselves.

What we have here is just another fan that expects far more perfection out of athletes than they do themselves. Just admit the obvious: Jake Browning had a great college career and combined with Chris Petersen, Myles Gaskin, and other UDub players, has done more to bring UW back to the forefront of college football than anyone else has.

LOL, just admit you are Softy, or related to Jake in some way.

If Browning was as GREAT as you say he is, why did he come back and play his senior season?
Almost all GREAT COLLEGE QB’s in this era, will jump to the NFL if they are truly great! That’s why the Jake Browning’s of the world have all of the records as they have a whole season more to rack up those numbers.

But keep white knighting, just try not to fall off that high horse of yours.

You chronic criticizers keep equating everything to professional sports. Why can't you understand that this is collegiate athletics and evaluate based upon that criteria? Whether or not you have a successful pro career does NOT determine how good or not your college career was.

And yes, I ride the high horse down the high road.

northseahawk

Reaction score
this guy is horrible!!! how are you a 4 yr starter in college and you get worst?!

justafan

Reaction score
And yet he is about to chalk up another win.Thats all I care about.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
justafan":14bkc998 said:
And yet he is about to chalk up another win.Thats all I care about.
Despite Jake Browning being Jake Browning. Jake Browning’s offense scored a grand total of three (3) points tonight.
Thanks to his defense, he gets to play in 1 more college game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2ufk4nc7 said:
Sports Hernia":2ufk4nc7 said:
DomeHawk":2ufk4nc7 said:
Sports Hernia":2ufk4nc7 said:
LOL, I KNEW this thread was coming!

Are you sure you are not Softy, Hughie, or Danny O’? Just asking. The way you guys white knight for this kid is embarrassing.

I certainly hope you were not one of those fools that was touting Browning as a Heisman candidate during his sophomore season.

Browning is slow to process pressure, which leads to dumb mistakes, that a Senior QB shouldn’t make. He had 2 of those yesterday.

You ever notice that the less Browning throws and the more they run the more successful they are?

Sure, he puts up killer numbers against the Northgate States of the world but when it’s a huge must win game for national championship ramifications he fails.

So Browning gets all of the credit for all those wins and we are supposed to ignore the fact it’s been during a down pac-12 run, he has had a very good O-line, an awesome defense, and playmakers, like John Ross, Dante Pettis, Miles Gaskin, and a slew of other great RB’s?

Maybe, just maybe, you and the other Browning apologists (which are all over Seattle Sportsradio BTW) are giving him too much credit?

I think starting next season you are going to see the UW QB play elevated to a level we haven’t seen in a couple of decades.

No one that Jake was all-world or that he was responsible for all the winds but the facts speak for themselves.

What we have here is just another fan that expects far more perfection out of athletes than they do themselves. Just admit the obvious: Jake Browning had a great college career and combined with Chris Petersen, Myles Gaskin, and other UDub players, has done more to bring UW back to the forefront of college football than anyone else has.

If Browning was as GREAT as you say he is, why did he come back and play his senior season?
Almost all GREAT COLLEGE QB’s in this era, will jump to the NFL if they are truly great! That’s why the Jake Browning’s of the world have all of the records as they have a whole season more to rack up those numbers.

You chronic criticizers keep equating everything to professional sports. Why can't you understand that this is collegiate athletics and evaluate based upon that criteria? Whether or not you have a successful pro career does NOT determine how good or not your college career was.

You completely missed my point on the pro thing, but then again that’s hardly a surprise with your level of blind Jake Browning worship.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":1k72y9lg said:
DomeHawk":1k72y9lg said:
Sports Hernia":1k72y9lg said:
DomeHawk":1k72y9lg said:

You completely missed my point on the pro thing, but then again that’s hardly a surprise with your level of blind Jake Browning worship.

There's no "blind worship" of any kind, I realize Jake's limitations but I try and keep it in perspective, something you seem to lack.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Browning is an average at best college QB. He and the Huskies have yet to beat a team that was considered equal or better than them in his 4 years of starting. SC with Darnold, Stanford when good, Oregon when good/healthy, Auburn, Bama, etc... Not to mention that all of the bad losses they've had to teams they should've beat were because of his poor play. You could lay some blame on the play calling for not taking the ball out if his hands, but none the less, he stunk up the joint in those poor losses. UW had good enough teams around him that they shouldn't have lost more than 1 game a season during his time. Browning made a living being on a really talented team in a really weak conference. The SC game in Seattle tells you everything you need to know about his abilities.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

OrangeGravy":1jycpdar said:
Browning is an average at best college QB. He and the Huskies have yet to beat a team that was considered equal or better than them in his 4 years of starting. SC with Darnold, Stanford when good, Oregon when good/healthy, Auburn, Bama, etc... Not to mention that all of the bad losses they've had to teams they should've beat were because of his poor play. You could lay some blame on the play calling for not taking the ball out if his hands, but none the less, he stunk up the joint in those poor losses. UW had good enough teams around him that they shouldn't have lost more than 1 game a season during his time. Browning made a living being on a really talented team in a really weak conference. The SC game in Seattle tells you everything you need to know about his abilities.

Blah-blah-blah, Jake Browning completed 65% of his passes while at UW with a 153 passing efficiency rating, took UW to the CFP, won 2 Pac-12 championships, 4 Apple Cups, and brought a storied program back to national prominence again.

You should be so bad at what you do, lol.

Shaz

Reaction score
Jake Browning is the luckiest QB to ever exist, if he wasn't on UW he would never win a game, hes absolutely the worst. He's personally cost the Huskies a Playoff bid from his erratic and terrible play

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1haxpy08 said:
Sports Hernia":1haxpy08 said:
DomeHawk":1haxpy08 said:
Sports Hernia":1haxpy08 said:

There's no "blind worship" of any kind, I realize Jake's limitations but I try and keep it in perspective, something you seem to lack.
LOL............

oh wait.......

you’re NOT joking???

You’re wrong in both cases..... sorry!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":zwnah2ff said:
Jake has all the tools to be the next 49er back up.
He doesn’t even have that, sadly. He is a CFL back up at best.
He may bounce around on practice squads, and or be a “camp arm” but that’s his ceiling.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":ka7ipwwg said:
DomeHawk":ka7ipwwg said:
Sports Hernia":ka7ipwwg said:
DomeHawk":ka7ipwwg said:

LOL............

oh wait.......

you’re NOT joking???

You’re wrong in both cases..... sorry!

What's funny is how much time you spend trolling this subject. Like I said, it's about perspective, within the context of his time in college Jake has had a very successful career.

Get it? Perspective, not really that hard to comprehend.

For some people at least.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look, I'm a lifetime Husky fan, but Browning just isn't a big game QB at all. Way too inconsistent. But he's a damn good kid, just not nearly as clutch as he should be. Now if he can pull of this Rose Bowl win, THAT would be a way to prove everyone wrong.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

SoulfishHawk":1l9t4ukl said:
Look, I'm a lifetime Husky fan, but Browning just isn't a big game QB at all. Way too inconsistent. But he's a damn good kid, just not nearly as clutch as he should be. Now if he can pull of this Rose Bowl win, THAT would be a way to prove everyone wrong.

Get it, he isn't beyond justifiable criticism, but when I talk about "perspective" to Hernia it's VERY simple, i.e., name a quarterback on the Husky roster in Browning's period here that would have accomplished as much? Really, who? And, if you think you can, please tell me why your judgement is more sound than Coach Petersen's in that regard?

See what I mean? It's called a fallacy.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Jake Browning = The guy who got carried by a very good defense and John Ross. Also the guy that can’t beat good teams and plays like a chump in big games. This is coming from a lifelong husky fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goseahawks2012

Reaction score
DomeHawk":9s1nnsqq said:
Then compare the great pro prospect Justin Herbert to Jake.

Jake: 65% (when taking out his freshman year)

Herbert: 62.7% (three years)

So based upon equal stats for three yrs Jake has a better passing percentage that Minshew and Herbert.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... ert-1.html

You compare Browning stats to Gardner Minshew and Justin Herbert like it's a fair comparison but let me ask you did either of those guys have a number 1 defense or a thousand yard rusher to lean on? All 4 years Browning has been a starter he had had a number 1 defense and a thousand yard rusher. Speaking as a husky fan, that is what frustrates me, all the pieces were there to be a title contender except for the QB position where we got mediocre play. I don't blame Jake, he is what he is, I blame Jonathan Smith and Chris Peterson who whiffed at QB recruiting for 2 years straight which allowed Jake to have no competition and no one to push him.