The loss to the Rams was -

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
RiverDog":1rwkj5o4 said:
Jiggy":1rwkj5o4 said:
It's never good to lose a game... EVER.

You might if you want your coach fired, such as was the case with our losing to the Jets in the Vinny Testaverde helmet touchdown which resulted in the hiring of Mike Holmgren and the second best era in Seahawks football. Or you might want the #1 overall pick (Suck for Luck?).

But I get your point.

So you wanted to lose that game? It kept us out of the playoffs that year....You have had some very strange posts today.

Cartire

Reaction score
Counter-point:

A loss was the worst scenario between winning and losing. Statistically speaking. And also, you know, playoff implications.

That is some delicious delusion though you are drinking.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":19jn099v said:
RiverDog":19jn099v said:
Jiggy":19jn099v said:
It's never good to lose a game... EVER.

You might if you want your coach fired, such as was the case with our losing to the Jets in the Vinny Testaverde helmet touchdown which resulted in the hiring of Mike Holmgren and the second best era in Seahawks football. Or you might want the #1 overall pick (Suck for Luck?).

But I get your point.

So you wanted to lose that game? It kept us out of the playoffs that year....You have had some very strange posts today.

I didn't want to lose that game at the time. But in retrospect, it was the best thing that could have happened to us. In all likelihood, we would have lost in the first round, Erickson would have gotten at least one more year, Holmgren would have ended up somewhere else, and our mediocrity would have continued.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Embarrassing.

We looked completely overwhelmed and unprepared and played with lackluster motivation.

I didn't expect to win in GB (wanted to win, but I want them to win them all...) but I did want the STL game in STL.

Fisher simply had his team better prepared.

JimmyG

Reaction score
dbsn2420":1xkvp8oh said:
I wasn't really talking about the players or coaches, I was talking about fans who if they would of squeaked out a win would of simply chalked it up to the Hawks playing a tough team on the road, net necessarily the level of play or the Hawks issues.
You're saying you're "not talking about the players and coaches", but that the loss was a good thing because it "[exposed] many weaknesses that are now in the spotlight". Huh!? What difference does it make if the fans know about our weaknesses or not? That doesn't make us a better team or make them more likely to be fixed (as others have mentioned, the coaching staff would have identified flaws regardless of whether we won or not).

The best possible outcome was a win, and a win where there weren't weaknesses for us to acknowledge. I'm really not sure what your point is, it seems like a huge reach.