The moment Pete's plan began taking shape.

formido

Reaction score
Throwdown":u4hp7inq said:
that last half of the 2011 season, we started to see it all come together.

Not at all coincidentally, this is when Sherman began starting.

oasis

Reaction score
It really is beautiful to watch. First it was Earl. Then came BB. Then Sherman. Then Chancellor. I have no idea if that's the correct order, but the point is it really feels like a puzzle that was slowly and carefully placed.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
HawkFan72":rlr1goqw said:
ivotuk":rlr1goqw said:
What's funny is that watching Earl Thomas as he was drafted by the Seahawks, he looked upset. Was probably hoping to be drafted by a Texas team, but fortunately for him, he was drafted by the Best Dam Front Office in the league.

Even in his interviews his whole rookie year, he didn't seem very happy to be a Seahawk. He kept talking about Texas and how he went home to Texas every chance he got.

I thought that he was going to only be a Seahawk through his rookie deal and then bolt for somewhere closer to home.

I think we may have won him over, though. :D
Being in the military, I see that a lot with the young kids, never being away from home before. Always wanting to go be closer to home. That may have been what he was feeling being that far away from home then, but definitely have won him over

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
oasis":zfwdcs4i said:
It really is beautiful to watch. First it was Earl. Then came BB. Then Sherman. Then Chancellor. I have no idea if that's the correct order, but the point is it really feels like a puzzle that was slowly and carefully placed.

Are you talking about as starters? Because Chancellor was drafted in 2010.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3q6tvxug said:
ivotuk":3q6tvxug said:
What's funny is that watching Earl Thomas as he was drafted by the Seahawks, he looked upset. Was probably hoping to be drafted by a Texas team, but fortunately for him, he was drafted by the Best Dam Front Office in the league.

Even in his interviews his whole rookie year, he didn't seem very happy to be a Seahawk. He kept talking about Texas and how he went home to Texas every chance he got.

I thought that he was going to only be a Seahawk through his rookie deal and then bolt for somewhere closer to home.

I think we may have won him over, though. :D

Hey, coming to the far end of the country, playing for a rebuilding team coached by a twice fired HC that no one believed could get it done at this level. Can you blame him?

All water under the bridge now. Earl's a Seahawk and he's damn proud of it I bet (and damned happy he doesn't have to put up with the "Jerrahworld Circus" if you held his feet to the fire methinks).

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
sc85sis":2xqmzcgu said:
Pretty sure it was here that it really took shape. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... arroll_ap/

"We'll be good when we're good," Carroll said, without establishing a timetable. "My goal is to win right now."

Sounds very similar to what he said at his debut presser as the Seahawks' HC. He had a lot of skeptics at both places going in and now he's done something only 3 people in history have done. I know Switzer didn't build it from the ground up like JJ & Pete, but he's still one of the 3. Pretty amazing accomplishment.

olyfan63

Reaction score
formido":34cbzyja said:
Throwdown":34cbzyja said:
that last half of the 2011 season, we started to see it all come together.

Not at all coincidentally, this is when Sherman began starting.

That 2011 Giants game on the road... with the Browner pick 6 against the "other" Manning, instead of the D allowing a late game-winning score... that's when we knew these were not your father's Seahawks.
That and the 2011 Ravens game, out-smash-mouthing the (previously) most smash-mouth team in the NFL. And winning.

Beating the previous and next Super Bowl champs within a span of a couple weeks. That's when we knew it wasn't just taking shape, it was for real.

Latest posts