The Official .NET Awards - Nominations

Ozzy

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3juu5mvy said:
We at .net are truly lucky to have so many excellent posters. Folks who really know what they are talking about football wise.

While Kearly has always been the most thorough, folks like McGruff, vinc12, and pe are now giving him a run for his money. But dollar for dollar, I agree with DavidSeven the most. I believe he gets right to the heart of the matter without too many words.

Blitzer will always get my vote for Grinch of the Year.

Day1 and I do not always see things the same way, but I've got a soft spot for Old Farts so I'll give him a nod too.

NYCoug for most traveled?

Dr. Diags for most level headed and non-offensive.

And of course my bud Riley12 for least confrontational.

Can I nominate Anguish for best guns? (Sorry austin.)

No offense, I'll just have to update my profile pic to lure you back in boo.

Tical21

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":4o1a8sam said:
kearly":4o1a8sam said:
Best: Scottemojo, Tical, Pehawk, English and DavidSeven. They are consistently the posters I learn the most from when reading their stuff. (McGruff, TeamoftheCentury and Vin are rising up my favorites list too). Hawkfansinceday1 and Rockhawk deserve mention as they are super nice dudes.

Most optimistic: TeamoftheCentury, Hawkblogger

Most pessimistic: Montana of course

Most improved: Hawknation2016. We didn't get along in the past, but I think he brings good things to .net and I think he's really polished his game over the past 6 months.
Whoa. Thanks, Kearly. Very kind of you to give me a couple of mentions. Not sure what I did to deserve that. I didn't think anyone read what I had to say - Lol. (I'm usually a fairly self-deprecating person, though probably don't come across that way in this forum. Probably need to work on that.) Anyway, I've been feeling pretty down lately about some serious matters, so wanted to thank you for the honor.

"Most Optimistic" might very well be further validated here in a minute. I take it that's directed at our view of the team and content regarding football. But, it's tough for me to choose a "best" poster. It's subjective and I pretty much like everyone (Lol) and appreciate those who make thoughtful posts, inject needed humor (we all need to laugh), and various "other" contributions. So, I sort of share the sentiment of Billy Crystal in this scene:
[youtube]4pbVxyL-OeM[/youtube]

"Best Overall" could mean not necessarily just the most knowledgeable and skillful writer. It's personal preference to some degree. I think the criteria for this might be summed up as follows: If .net had to pick ONE poster to represent the site to others in some sort of public way (ESPN, NFL Network, Brock and Salk, etc.), who would most here recommend? While there's definitely a few that would do a fine job, I suspect Kearly would get the eventual nod. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Enter: Curly - Lol
[youtube]ekNzqzFAby0[/youtube]

But, other than recognizing someone who might represent .net to outsiders.... There's a long list of posters tied for 1st in my book. I wouldn't put myself in that category. That's for others to decide. But, there are many who contribute to my enjoyment of the site. NYCoug, DrDiags, English, Kearly, Scottemojo, Throwdown, Basis4day, Largent80, Pehawk, MysterMatt, ivotuk, Laloosh, Maelstrom787, SomersetHawk, hawknation2015, Attyla, TechWorlds, Chris98251, Fade, SiouxHawk, Tical, McGrouch ;) , etc. BestFightStory was awesome. What ever happened to HawkWow? I could have a very long list and wouldn't want to leave anyone out.

How can anyone not feel like their day is better after reading a post by NYCoug? David is awesome.

We all tend to take on an online persona and we can count on certain ones to deliver accordingly at the appropriate time. Each has their strong points that make this the place it is.

Best Overall: Kearly
Most Optimistic: NYCoug
Best Avatar: Tical21
Woah Bundy!

pehawk

Reaction score
We need a most underrated category.

drdiags

Reaction score
Tical21":3pd3m9d4 said:
So how does this work? There is a nominations thread, and then a poll based off of the nominations?

Told you that you were better off just creating a poll. Sac is too busy rooting for his hometown Kings to give a crap. :thirishdrinkers:

Go for it, I will vote in it. :stirthepot:

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm throwing a vote for Our Man in Chicago. Funny, sharp, insightful, while offering a unique perspective. I'd probably sleep with him, that's how highly I think of him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Kearly, Lymon and Alice thank you for the shout outs. You are all among my favorite posters as well along with DrDiags, Scottmojo, Vin, Scanner, PE, English, Chris98251, McGruff, Firebee and so on and so forth. If I didn't mention you by name, please forgive the oversight as there a lot of good posters here.

And kearly, a special thank you for putting me in the same "nice guy" category as Rockhawk. That is some rarified air. I met him once and he's a great guy and to be mentioned with him is a real honor.

All that said............
Best Overall Poster - I'm voting English (Rob) this year because of his awesome detective work in ascertaining what the Seahawks look for in o-linemen in terms of measurables (especially broad jump). Incredible work.

Sunshine: NYCoug

Montana Eeyore award: Bjorn hands down IF he's truly a Seahawks fan. If, as others have speculated he's a Viqueens troll then Blitzer gets my vote.

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones needs to be mentioned. That team-impared SOB brings it. He's a wealth of great information. Sure, he has a few blind spots, but still a great poster.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
pehawk":2qacb30o said:
Popeyejones needs to be mentioned. That team-impared SOB brings it. He's a wealth of great information. Sure, he has a few blind spots, but still a great poster.
Tumblr lokiout95O1qbljveo1 500

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NYCoug is my favorite.

His 2013 journey is the only thing I truly have ever been jealous of. He is the Hemingway of this site. Margaux, not Ernest.

pehawk

Reaction score
NYCoug would appreciate someone saying something along the lines of "and I hope he ingests pills exactly like Margaux". He appreciates that type of humor. But, unfortunately, saying that would be against the rules.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll throw peachesenregalia into the mix. Perfectly timed humor when a thread needs it. Rob12 also deserves some credit.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1a6qf1j7 said:
Hey now, I have been much more positive of late.

But if I do win, do i get a trophy?
You get a new avatar, as decided upon by me.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sac":1u9gmrpa said:
Blitzer88":1u9gmrpa said:
Hey now, I have been much more positive of late.

But if I do win, do i get a trophy?
You get a new avatar, as decided upon by me.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
A picture of Eeyore or Hardy Har Har ("Oh Lippy, we'll never make it") no doubt.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The first is Kearly and Tical..Sunshine-Pe.. Montana-Lymon when he's having a bad day..

Rob12

Reaction score
My boy austin giving me the pity shout. Thanks bro! :D

This is tough. So many good people on this site with so much knowledge.

Tical is another guy that I learn a TON from.

austin's work in the PWR is solid, and he's damn handsome (not a pity shout). His one liners are great.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I thought vin and Tical were great reads last year. Mrt and hawknation2016 as well. I like to learn when I come here and there really are some fantastic posters.

The obvious posters have been mentioned in other posts and I thank them for making me a little less ignorant on a daily basis.

Oh, and sutz, I love the science posts!

pmedic920

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3pyf0k27 said:
We at .net are truly lucky to have so many excellent posters. Folks who really know what they are talking about football wise.

While Kearly has always been the most thorough, folks like McGruff, vinc12, and pe are now giving him a run for his money. But dollar for dollar, I agree with DavidSeven the most. I believe he gets right to the heart of the matter without too many words.

Blitzer will always get my vote for Grinch of the Year.

Day1 and I do not always see things the same way, but I've got a soft spot for Old Farts so I'll give him a nod too.

NYCoug for most traveled?

Dr. Diags for most level headed and non-offensive.

And of course my bud Riley12 for least confrontational.

Can I nominate Anguish for best guns? (Sorry austin.)

No, I have the best guns.
Don't make me prove it :{)

Wait........

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob12":3jhrh253 said:
My boy austin giving me the pity shout. Thanks bro! :D

This is tough. So many good people on this site with so much knowledge.

Tical is another guy that I learn a TON from.

austin's work in the PWR is solid, and he's damn handsome (not a pity shout). His one liners are great.

I'm ugly in person, Vetamur can attest to that.