The Panthers are going to get lit up!

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Last week I made a post about how much closer the game would be compared to the last meeting with the Vikings. Now, I'm not proclaiming I'm so sort of messiah here, however! We will dominate this team.

They will not be able to keep our air attack grounded. Tyler Lockett is going to take the top of that backfield. There is no way in hell that their street FA is going to be able to stick our best route runner. No way! Russell will connect with those deep bombs that he missed so dearly last week due to the frigid weather. Their backfield outside of Josh Norman is bad! They are very prone to the deep ball. That is not a good sign for them as we have been so much better defending the deep routes. We will win the Toxic Differential battle.

With a healthy Lynch (We all know he's coming back this week, don't pretend like its in the air), the return of Wagz and the addition of Lane on the outside. We are the much improved team since the last meeting. Sure they get Charles Johnson back and he's a good player but he's not as pivotal to their team as our guys that have returned. Also, we played against them with Charles Johnson I believe, so it's a moot point.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I just hope we can find a way to victimize their secondary. The combination of McClain, Harper, and Finnegan is atrocious. We need to establish the run game early, draw their backers up, then attack. If we can isolate Harper in coverage, see ya later. Guy looks like he's running in molasses. Stay away from Norman and Coleman. Coleman is underrated; guy is a ballhawk.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Man I hope your right, but I'm just not seeing a blowout on either side. My gut tells me it's going to come down to who makes a mistake first whether it's a key turnover or a missed FG.

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I understand that most of our games with them have been close outside of last years Divisional win. But we played all those with a n00b offense. Russell today is so much better and he knows what he has with "no-e". That is an absolute X-factor this game.

Russell and 'No-e" is going to be a faster version of Manning to Marvin Harrison. Yes, I did just compare the two because all 4 of those players have humility, immense talent, great work ethic and a desire to be great. Lockett could potentially go down as our best receiver of all time. Fitting how both of our best receivers in history will be short, precise deadly route runners. Kinda tells you a lot about having that big receiver and how relevant it is in order to see if someone is going to be a great at the WR spot.

blazen2392

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3336zd4u said:
I understand that most of our games with them have been close outside of last years Divisional win. But we played all those with a n00b offense. Russell today is so much better and he knows what he has with "no-e". That is an absolute X-factor this game.

Russell and 'No-e" is going to be a faster version of Manning to Marvin Harrison. Yes, I did just compare the two because all 4 of those players have humility, immense talent, great work ethic and a desire to be great. Lockett could potentially go down as our best receiver of all time. Fitting how both of our best receivers in history will be short, precise deadly route runners. Kinda tells you a lot about having that big receiver and how relevant it is in order to see if someone is going to be a great at the WR spot.

Slow down there buddy. baby steps.

OP
OP
A

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":1dive8qz said:
ApnaHawk":1dive8qz said:

Slow down there buddy. baby steps.

I don't need to watch a player play 4 years to know he's going to be a great one. Tyler lockett is going to beyond great. Sig it brother.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":orrms4zh said:

I still believe that we could benefit having a healthy tall TE and a 6' 6" WR. Having a tall option would be very valuable.

northseahawk

Reaction score
All we needed from the first game were 2 or 3 more first downs in the 4th quarter to cruz to an easy win. That was with the horrible-playing, worst qb in the nil, russell wilson. The wilson from the last 7-8 weeks is 10x better. He will not only get those 2-3 first downs, but will toy with these guys.

hawk45

Reaction score
Lockett and Baldwin definitely need to be heavily featured in this game. Lockett's ability to get open deep seems to have been growing as the season has progressed.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1igmqmzn said:
Man I hope your right, but I'm just not seeing a blowout on either side. My gut tells me it's going to come down to who makes a mistake first whether it's a key turnover or a missed FG.

It's just gas, man...we got this.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I can dig it. Getting rid of Carey Williams was huge and moving Shead in was big. Getting Lane back is perhaps the more important though.

Williams out, Shead, lane and Wagner in is so big for the D. They were dominant to close out the year after the changes.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I hate to be a party pooper but:
Charlotte weather initially projected to be about 40° with am shower/freezing rain and possibly 10mph wind.
Not quite Minnesota but sloppy weather. It is 5 days out though.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Luke willson will be x factor.
Hes a great blocker too so I think we run ball better Than most people are predicting

chris98251

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":rb9oity3 said:
Charlotte weather initially projected to be about 40° with am shower/freezing rain and possibly 10mph wind.

I think that falls into a advantage for us if so, we play in more inclement weather, we just got off a game in the cold, we have a experience that the Panthers are going to have to get up to speed with very quickly.

Polaris

Reaction score
chris98251":164hd81e said:
Russ Willstrong":164hd81e said:

I think that falls into a advantage for us if so, we play in more inclement weather, we just got off a game in the cold, we have a experience that the Panthers are going to have to get up to speed with very quickly.

Actually that sounds like Winter in the North West to me and Seattle has a very good record under Wilson under such conditions (ask the Saints). I would argue that if anything it favors Seattle but likely favors neither side.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":fm7894eb said:
Last week I made a post about how much closer the game would be compared to the last meeting with the Vikings. Now, I'm not proclaiming I'm so sort of messiah here, however! We will dominate this team.

They will not be able to keep our air attack grounded. Tyler Lockett is going to take the top of that backfield. There is no way in hell that their street FA is going to be able to stick our best route runner. No way! Russell will connect with those deep bombs that he missed so dearly last week due to the frigid weather. Their backfield outside of Josh Norman is bad! They are very prone to the deep ball. That is not a good sign for them as we have been so much better defending the deep routes. We will win the Toxic Differential battle.

With a healthy Lynch (We all know he's coming back this week, don't pretend like its in the air), the return of Wagz and the addition of Lane on the outside. We are the much improved team since the last meeting. Sure they get Charles Johnson back and he's a good player but he's not as pivotal to their team as our guys that have returned. Also, we played against them with Charles Johnson I believe, so it's a moot point.

Please don't be that cocky and arrogant. We have no business acting like that with how this season went.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ShaunPope":188rv6l8 said:
ApnaHawk":188rv6l8 said:

Please don't be that cocky and arrogant. We have no business acting like that with how this season went.

Why? The WORST thing that can possibly happen to him would be that he was wrong.

djb28

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":37z74pce said:
I like the sound of the Missed Field Goal.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Judging by past contests with Carolina, the game will be hard-fought and close. Hopefully our new-found aerial game will give their secondary fits; however, for that to happen, we need to limit the havoc Kuechly, Lotulelei and that DL creates. The OL has its work cut out!

Winning is first and foremost, but I'd also like to shut Roman Harper's mouth. He publicly commented that the Panthers are the 'better team,' which they probably eared the right to say this season, but why is it always the mediocre players opening their yap? Statements like that carry more meaning coming from someone more respected like Keuchly. Than again, Kuechly is too professional to go public with that.

Latest posts