The Patriots Lose in Freak Fashion

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Fade":30jiqy8z said:
bmorepunk":30jiqy8z said:
Fade":30jiqy8z said:
OrangeGravy":30jiqy8z said:
Their division most years is like this year's NFC West less the Rams. They have the division title given to them every year and just have to concentrate on beating the out of division foes to secure a bye. They do struggle @ Miami. They're something like 7-10 there with Brady.
Pretty much this.

I would be far more critical if they didn't consistently deliver in the playoffs, but it is true
they have the easiest road nearly every season.

The Seahawks almost had the same setup, but then the Rams went and hired McVay.

Their consistency is only really there when they get the one seed and don't have to go on the road. And they laid that turd at home against Baltimore in 2012 when they had the two seed.

They're the best ever. But that doesn't mean they consistently win. Having the other teams in the division be abysmal seemingly year to year does help, though.

They have played in 10 straight AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES or something like that. If they were frauds they would have been exposed years ago. They would have been upset in the divisional round far more often.

They've only played 2 playoff games on the road since 2010 and lost both to Denver. Excluding the odd outlier, you need to home field in the NFL and as good as they've been for 20 years, they've had the easiest road of anybody consistently. I think there's something to be said for how good they've been over that time, but it's hard to have any sustained success without good fortune and they've had far more of it than not over that time.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2jntbzdr said:
Fade":2jntbzdr said:
bmorepunk":2jntbzdr said:
Fade":2jntbzdr said:
Pretty much this.

I would be far more critical if they didn't consistently deliver in the playoffs, but it is true
they have the easiest road nearly every season.

The Seahawks almost had the same setup, but then the Rams went and hired McVay.

Their consistency is only really there when they get the one seed and don't have to go on the road. And they laid that turd at home against Baltimore in 2012 when they had the two seed.

They're the best ever. But that doesn't mean they consistently win. Having the other teams in the division be abysmal seemingly year to year does help, though.

They have played in 10 straight AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES or something like that. If they were frauds they would have been exposed years ago. They would have been upset in the divisional round far more often.

They've only played 2 playoff games on the road since 2010 and lost both to Denver. Excluding the odd outlier, you need to home field in the NFL and as good as they've been for 20 years, they've had the easiest road of anybody consistently. I think there's something to be said for how good they've been over that time, but it's hard to have any sustained success without good fortune and they've had far more of it than not over that time.

Mic drop.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Make this my gravestone.

DuATQBRXQAABIEd.jpg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":1sylilh2 said:

Frauds? No.

But a team that during a 20 year success run that had a 5-6 game head start on the rest of the AFC to get HFA in order to get to all those SB's because they play in a utter and complete dumpster fire of a division?

Absolutely.