The Pro Bowl

Seanhawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3v2936ut said:
Seanhawk":3v2936ut said:
West TX Hawk":3v2936ut said:
Seanhawk":3v2936ut said:
Probably because no one gives a flying fork about the Pro Bowl.

And yet you've decided to post in the Pro Bowl thread.

Oh you got me there.

Are you a proponent of discontinuing the game altogether? Others have advocated for having skills competitions only. While the game leaves much to be desired, what's the best solution?

I'm just checking here to make sure none of our guys got injured. I haven't watched a down or checked the score. Didn't watch any of the skills competitions. Personally, I think the whole thing has been pointless since they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl. You just get more and more guys dropping out, so now you have 3rd or 4th alternates--guys who have no business being in the Pro Bowl--calling themselves Pro Bowlers. I think it should be a ceremonial title like the All-Pro team...just name an All-NFC and an All-AFC team.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1h4wi798 said:
West TX Hawk":1h4wi798 said:
Seanhawk":1h4wi798 said:
West TX Hawk":1h4wi798 said:
And yet you've decided to post in the Pro Bowl thread.

Oh you got me there.

Are you a proponent of discontinuing the game altogether? Others have advocated for having skills competitions only. While the game leaves much to be desired, what's the best solution?

I'm just checking here to make sure none of our guys got injured. I haven't watched a down or checked the score. Didn't watch any of the skills competitions. Personally, I think the whole thing has been pointless since they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl. You just get more and more guys dropping out, so now you have 3rd or 4th alternates--guys who have no business being in the Pro Bowl--calling themselves Pro Bowlers. I think it should be a ceremonial title like the All-Pro team...just name an All-NFC and an All-AFC team.

Some fair points. I'm not sure what the best approach the league should take. On the one hand, there's nothing else on tv the Sunday before the SB and some form of football can still be entertaining. On the other, when you start to see refs blowing the whistle as soon as contact is made coupled with defensive players playing offense and vice versa in the 2nd half, there's something wrong with the product you're displaying. Yet when they've surveyed players, almost all have still wanted the game.

I've never watched the skills competitions but some folks like it. Ultimately though, I can't see foresee the league discontinuing the game outright since any form of revenue they will pounce on.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Didnt watch it but I am sure this game had more credibility than the shit fest next week. Last game of the season was played today imo.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Someone else on a chat said this...." just stop!...the pro bowl. just watching is a lie."

I did not watch a down or even turn on the channel. Nope, not a commercial from that fest did I see. I thought that something better would fill the time, so I watched "the deathly hallows" again.....and golf.

Chapow

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is a bunch of guys getting together and messing around. It's just for fun. It's been like this for years now. Some people understand that. Some people don't and then complain that "it's a joke" like they are expecting a real football game or something. It's really kind of bizarre at this point.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I watched the Pro Bowl on game pass. if it had not started at 20.00GMT I would not have bothered.

The time it has taken me to post shows what I thought of it.

If you are able to, watch a Rugby game played in London a couple of months ago between Argentina and the Barbarians (an all star team). There you will see a body contact all star game where all the players are taking it seriously.