The Pro Bowl

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I gave it about 10 minutes. That was too much. At least I got to see a RW interception.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Exact same! What was that crap?
I haven't watched a pro bowl in forever, when did they start 2 hand touch for a tackle?

Why even play? Just get the pro bowl credit and call it a year.

James in PA

Reaction score
Every play is like flea flicker, lateral, guys jogging or just standing around. What a joke. Just kill this thing already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyrus12

Reaction score
RW costing the nfc..I guess he just is a fill in and isn't really a pro bowler this year.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
RW did great on the throwing competition. He put on quite the show - I think it was the highest score ever achieved.

I kept wondering why he didn't put on such a great display during the season. For some reason, his accuracy and arm strength don't always equal success in actual games.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
FEB 6 KAMARA ARRESTED AFTER PRO BOWL Following today's Pro Bowl in Las Vegas, New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara was arrested for battery resulting in substantial bodily harm.

The arrest took place at 5:50 p.m. PST, just hours after the Pro Bowl concluded.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The fact that anyone could actually read a single thing in to a glorified practice game say a lot.
8 interceptions in the game, 3 pick 6's, every single QB threw a pick.
Brutal, boring and a waste of time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I haven't watched the Pro Bowl for years for the reasons that all of you have stated. It's a farce, a complete waste of time. Many of the stars opt out and you're not including the rosters of the two SB participants, so it's not truly an all star game anyway.

I can understand the motivation for honoring the season's top players and coaches, but they need to come up with a better means other than a conventional football game. I don't know what that would look like, perhaps some type of skills competition or a completely different game, like golf, or something fun and screwy, like paint ball, something where you can see the player's faces.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've never really been a fan of the Pro Bowl game itself, but I've always enjoyed the competitions leading up to it. This year, my son wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home instead of the numerous errands I'm usually doing during the pro bowl game, and I tuned in for a bit. I have to agree with folks here, it's really just a waste of time. The old beach flag football game was more fun to watch than what I saw yesterday. It's just boring to watch.

With that said, I can understand why as a player, you wouldn't want to be getting hit in a game like this. It's just not worth the risk with the amount of money at stake during an NFL career. I don't see why they don't just cancel the actual game and add more of the competition style action they have during the week. Those are more entertaining without any injury risk.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
More incentive is needed.

Why not just award the Super Bowl coin toss to whichever conference wins the Pro Bowl?

RiverDog

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":39frevlv said:

Why not just award the Super Bowl coin toss to whichever conference wins the Pro Bowl?

You're not serious, are you? There's no way that Nick Bosa is going to break his arse trying to take down a quarterback in an otherwise meaningless game so his "friends" on the Rams can choose whether they want to receive or defer. Besides, how do you know that they want the team representing their conference to win? Why wouldn't Russell Wilson not want to see a good friend, say Trey Flowers, get a ring?

Threedee

Reaction score
RiverDog":oir8esa2 said:
SantaClaraHawk":oir8esa2 said:

You're not serious, are you? There's no way that Nick Bosa is going to break his arse trying to take down a quarterback in an otherwise meaningless game so his "friends" on the Rams can choose whether they want to receive or defer. Besides, how do you know that they want the team representing their conference to win? Why wouldn't Russell Wilson not want to see a good friend, say Trey Flowers, get a ring?

Yeah, you would need to have it be midseason, like the All-Star Game, in order to achieve any results. Even then, baseball fans balked at the rule change and it was eventually done away with.

rlkats

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1qsdqor2 said:
RW costing the nfc..I guess he just is a fill in and isn't really a pro bowler this year.

How did he get in the Pro Bowl? He had an average season and was less than average compared to his previous seasons.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The best solution is to take the pro bowlers and have a basketball tourney. Maybe there already is since I have not watched that close

RiverDog

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2dnz2l34 said:

rlkats":2dnz2l34 said:
How did he get in the Pro Bowl? He had an average season and was less than average compared to his previous seasons.

Because they needed his name to attract viewers. How many people are going to tune in to watch Taylor Heinicke quarterback the NFC?

Which is one more reason why this game is a farce and should be done away with or drastically modified. It's not a true all star game.

Latest posts