The Raiders getting screwed....

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1b68ekh8 said:
If someone doesn't like the Raiders, they should still be bothered by this. tHe fact that some NFL owners have no voice, and others seem to have extra votes, should be cause for concern.

The name Davis should matter as much to the future of the NFL as the name Rooney or Mara. But it doesn't.

Owners and moderators really love to screw over Davis' (or Davi).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
enhanced-13585-1422386930-1.jpg

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":3nwsofxw said:
Stadiums aren't built for the owners, they're built for us the fans. Yes, that's a Pollyanna view of things but its how I view it. The Clink belongs to us and is there to be used by us and our families.

The stadiums are built for the owners more than they are for the fans. The owners rake in millions of dollars per game by charging astronomical amounts for parking and concessions. If the stadiums were built for the fans, once the stadiums were paid off, the prices for tickets, concessions and parking would drop...but we'll never see that happen. New stadiums are built so that owners can extract the most money possible from us, the fans.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3p0fml6b said:
If someone doesn't like the Raiders, they should still be bothered by this. tHe fact that some NFL owners have no voice, and others seem to have extra votes, should be cause for concern.

The name Davis should matter as much to the future of the NFL as the name Rooney or Mara. But it doesn't.
Spot on, sadly.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2bbhqclz said:
This is all truth. Del Rio was a perfect, atleastgettomediocre, hire.

Can I use this thread to also point out how remiss Rog has been with Titans ownership? Different problem, same symptoms.

You could also list the Browns and Colts. Yes, they are different problems, but the owners themselves have had a heap of legal trouble recently. It's the good old boy system at it's finest.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Good ol boy conglomerates ruin even the most innocent and joyful things in life. Kinda like Tina Yothers.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3smqmus9 said:
Good ol boy conglomerates ruin even the most innocent and joyful things in life. Kinda like Tina Yothers.

Don't lie, you'd hit that, Ray Rice style.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's probably true.

Al Davis spent the last 20 years of his life suing everyone and setting fire to any bridge he could to prove he was the man.

This is the downside, all the owners and league brass Davis pissed off now are the ones voting on which teams go to LA.

Add in the fact that Kroenke, the league and even the city of LA doesn't want Raider Fan moving into the shiny new stadium classing down the place with their stink.

chris98251

Reaction score
Al brought more to the NFL then 75 percent of the current owners, forced the merger, in doing so drove player salary up and gave a the players a voice and also empowered the union, that was strike one against him but was best for the league, fought against the old school good ole boys from the original NFL all the time because they wanted East Coast and control of ownership and who did what and when and where they could do it. That was strike two. Strike three Al was successful doing it his way, with his team and the NFL hated their rogue owner in their minds having success where they could not.

Al was a Coach, Owner, Commissioner, he knew about how everything happened and was done.

He may not have always been right, Pete Rozelle and him had a real love hate relationship .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":233u2owe said:
Al brought more to the NFL then 75 percent of the current owners, forced the merger, in doing so drove player salary up and gave a the players a voice and also empowered the union, that was strike one against him but was best for the league, fought against the old school good ole boys from the original NFL all the time because they wanted East Coast and control of ownership and who did what and when and where they could do it. That was strike two. Strike three Al was successful doing it his way, with his team and the NFL hated their rogue owner in their minds having success where they could not.

Al was a Coach, Owner, Commissioner, he knew about how everything happened and was done.

He may not have always been right, Pete Rozelle and him had a real love hate relationship .

That's why I said the last 20 years of his life, and not the first 62.

NINEster

Reaction score
greenblue_eye's2":10x2q1y6 said:
Maulbert":10x2q1y6 said:
Honestly, wouldn't shock me if the league is hoping to force Davis to sell to a richer and more prestigious owner. I don't think they will ever think of Al's boy as one of their own.

^This...I think you're absolutely right, Goodell is trying to force a sell here. But I believe that Mark Davis will hold on to the Raiders regardless, because the team is his Father's Legacy. Mark is not like the vast majority of other Ownership's in the NFL, he's not filthy rich. But Mark Davis is trying to correct much of his Father's wrongs during his last days of his ownership.

I get to see the Oaktown Raiders close up, just like the 49ers, because I am in the Bay Area, and trust me Mark Davis has his team going in the right direction. Imvho Mark Davis has his head screwed on better than Jed York,

I also see the York family being punished for Debartolo.

Debartolo was a renegade early 30something when he took over the 49ers in 1977. To win 5 Super Bowls 18 years from that time brought up free agency, salary cap, IMO.

And the forced suspension.

The league only is nice to the 49ers in that they are a legacy franchise with championship pedigree but largely ignores that when push comes to shove.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Holy chit ! Welcome back Pe.

Been a bit boring without you around.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":1kfh8v31 said:
greenblue_eye's2":1kfh8v31 said:
Maulbert":1kfh8v31 said:
Honestly, wouldn't shock me if the league is hoping to force Davis to sell to a richer and more prestigious owner. I don't think they will ever think of Al's boy as one of their own.

^This...I think you're absolutely right, Goodell is trying to force a sell here. But I believe that Mark Davis will hold on to the Raiders regardless, because the team is his Father's Legacy. Mark is not like the vast majority of other Ownership's in the NFL, he's not filthy rich. But Mark Davis is trying to correct much of his Father's wrongs during his last days of his ownership.

I get to see the Oaktown Raiders close up, just like the 49ers, because I am in the Bay Area, and trust me Mark Davis has his team going in the right direction. Imvho Mark Davis has his head screwed on better than Jed York,

I also see the York family being punished for Debartolo.

Debartolo was a renegade early 30something when he took over the 49ers in 1977. To win 5 Super Bowls 18 years from that time brought up free agency, salary cap, IMO.

And the forced suspension.

The league only is nice to the 49ers in that they are a legacy franchise with championship pedigree but largely ignores that when push comes to shove.

I've been using this a lot lately....

IWKad22