The Ravens Are a Complete Disaster

hawks85

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3vksf1fe said:
bmorepunk":3vksf1fe said:
Flacco is down for the year.

Terrell Suggs is down for the year.

Their top 2 HBs (Forsett and Taliaferro) are down.

Steve Smith is down. Their wide receiver corps is depleted with five of them out on season ending injuries. Even with this, Chris Matthews is still on the practice squad.

They've lost four TEs for the season, including Pitta. Crockett Gilmore has been playing well but is questionable to play against the Seahawks.

They've lost 3 DBs for the season, and they were not good to begin with.

In total, 17 guys out for the season and some of them are the most important players on the team.

They still have Yanda and Dumervil.

A pretty good opportunity for the Seahawks this weekend.
I hope we don't take them for granted. I don't think we will but I don't think they'll just lie down. I see a 10 point win.
its simple we have 4 games left if we lose anymore it will be this one. i am not sleeping on these ravens. flacco no flacco i dont care. these guys have not been blown out all year even with half there team in IR. a couple plays here and there they could be easily 8-4 right now. there going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at us. i will not be surprised if the ravens get the ball first and march right down on the opening drive and score a touchdown right off the bat. they have nothing to lose at this point. we have everything to lose. as mr.richard sherman did on sunday its our time and time to dominate.

hawks85

Reaction score
also remember the ravens played the cards a couple years back in bmore and the cards beat them to there knees until halftime. it was like 28-0 or 35-7 something like and these ravens came back and won remember that i do. granted there team wasnt on IR and flacco was playing etc... there home crowd loves the ravens. everytime the ravens get smashed on by the media etc... for some reason a switch flips and now there a different team. remember that playoff game against the pats in new england a few years back. everybody counted the ravens out everybody. what happened on the opening drive. ray rice a 80 yard touchdown run followed by a dominate win. the pats first home playoff loss ever.. i'm just saying.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Their OL is legit, and they have blocked a silly number of kicks.

mrt144

Reaction score
How many times has a team faced the same QB on a different team within the same season?

Cartire

Reaction score
mrt144":26fo8zg8 said:
How many times has a team faced the same QB on a different team within the same season?

This is a good question. I bet you Mike Sando would know. I think Im going to tweet him to see if he can find out.

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Earl Monroe was out of practice getting an MRI today. Might be out for the rest of the season.

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawks85":15lpdvcg said:
bmorepunk":15lpdvcg said:
Earl Monroe was out of practice getting an MRI today. Might be out for the rest of the season.
dont you mean eugene monroe.

Dammit. Yes.

Earl did play for the Baltimore Bullets, but that's not good enough to excuse my stupidity.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Watched a couple of their games today.

They hustle. This is the best 4-8 team in the league (looking at you, Rams). Their special teams are maybe the best I have ever seen. They have blocked a kick in 6 straight games.

Despite the missing starters, they play hard. They hustle to the ball on D, the o-line is nasty, there is no reason to think they will not play a tough game.

No doubt John is picking Jim for all the details he can get on what facing the Hawks is like.

I don't think the game will be within the spread, but I don't think we will blow these guys out like the Vikings. I hop I am wrong.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3icjzjga said:

They hustle. This is the best 4-8 team in the league (looking at you, Rams). Their special teams are maybe the best I have ever seen. They have blocked a kick in 6 straight games.

Despite the missing starters, they play hard. They hustle to the ball on D, the o-line is nasty, there is no reason to think they will not play a tough game.

No doubt John is picking Jim for all the details he can get on what facing the Hawks is like.

I don't think the game will be within the spread, but I don't think we will blow these guys out like the Vikings. I hop I am wrong.

If Clausen starts, it will be a blowout. If Schaub starts, he probably wouldn't finish the game. Bad knee and bad shoulder.

Only scenario where this game is competitive is if Schaub starts, he's given all day to throw, and he plays an amazing game.

But even then, can that offense keep up with a Seahawks offense that won a shootout with the Steelers? That's a tall order.

The Seahawks are right now what the Patriots were in the first few weeks of the season. If this current Baltimore team faced the dominating early season Patriots, I don't think anyone would give them a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":qtmyjws5 said:
Scottemojo":qtmyjws5 said:

If Clausen starts, it will be a blowout. If Schaub starts, he probably wouldn't finish the game. Bad knee and bad shoulder.

Only scenario where this game is competitive is if Schaub starts, he's given all day to throw, and he plays an amazing game.

But even then, can that offense keep up with a Seahawks offense that won a shootout with the Steelers? That's a tall order.

The Seahawks are right now what the Patriots were in the first few weeks of the season. If this current Baltimore team faced the dominating early season Patriots, I don't think anyone would give them a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
I expect a double digit win, and if Clausen starts they need a miracle. But I have to respect how damn hard they play for Harbaugh.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Listening to Pete's presser, his level of respect for them is genuine. He knows what a good coach they have over there and he also knows how hard they play for him. Although I still expect a double-digit victory, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not by as much as we would think or hope.

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":t8b4psbl said:
Listening to Pete's presser, his level of respect for them is genuine. He knows what a good coach they have over there and he also knows how hard they play for him. Although I still expect a double-digit victory, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not by as much as we would think or hope.
Yeah, but that's his nature. His attitude seems to be: Respect everyone, fear no-one. ;)

Rob12

Reaction score
They haven't lost by more than eight points all season. That's impressive for a 4-8 team.

The thing is, I don't think you can really sustain that. Especially with Matt Schaub/Jimmy Clausen at QB. Justin Forsett is out. Their receiver corps is absolutely decimated. It may not be a blowout like last week's game against the Vikings was, but with the way the Seahawks are coming together, that string of no losses by eight points or less is about to end.

24-6, Seahawks. It might get sloppy at times, because the Ravens do play hard, physical football. But it will never be a game really.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3i3l4s2w said:

Which leads to the next statement. Their ST play is off-the-charts, and it's one of Harbaugh's forte's. Hawks better be on point in all three phases. If BAL keeps the game close, as they have done all year, ST play could be the difference...and it would suck to lose because of some sort of lapse in that regard.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qdgfepy said:
I expect a double digit win, and if Clausen starts they need a miracle. But I have to respect how damn hard they play for Harbaugh.

Seattle's defense doesn't care how hard the other team plays if they don't have the exact RB/QB tools to beat our D.

And hasn't Baltimore's pass D been pretty terrible?

I'm expecting a game like the Giants road game in 2013. Or hell, like the Bears game earlier this season.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If it wasn't Clausen, I'd expect something closer than one would think. They don't get blown out a lot, even this year when their team has been decimated. They make plays on ST and not sure it really matters who their RB is. They probably get the same thing out of anyone, Forsett or not. If our front decided to take the week off, Baltimore's front could dictate the game.

Clausen, though.

Threedee

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1vdrw5x2 said:
Scottemojo":1vdrw5x2 said:

Which leads to the next statement. Their ST play is off-the-charts, and it's one of Harbaugh's forte's. Hawks better be on point in all three phases. If BAL keeps the game close, as they have done all year, ST play could be the difference...and it would suck to lose because of some sort of lapse in that regard.
I remember when Jacoby Jones was returning kicks for them, and the only way to stop him was for someone on the sideline to stick out their leg as a ran by. Now, Omar Epps has him, and had to bench him and sub-in Antonio Brown. :D