The record doesn't say it all......

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":2e4etpak said:
People say we are not that much different then last year really have not paid attention, the record says one thing at first glance, look beneath that and you see a completely different team and philosophy on the offense line and how we design and implement plays, you have a almost total overhaul on defense with new coaches at DC,OC,OL and I am missing one somewhere.

To turn us around and make it so obscure to the casual eye is a testament to how huge this turnaround has been to all those that are really paying attention. Remember we were written off as a team at the start of the season as losers and a 4 and 12 team.

I get what you are saying, and I agree.....it is different.....(and probably semantics anyway )I'm just saying its mostly from a mental standpoint (the feel of the team) more than the actual win loss results on the field. This team is going to win 9-10 games...a very similar result to the last few.

And I love this team......I mean drama free, hungry...playing with a chip....all good things.

And last years team had some cancers no doubt.

But last years team won 9 games. Should have won 11 games. Just saying its not so much a turnaround as it is a refocus to our roots. Being able to get back to our philisophies certainly brightens the future

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The future is exciting. Players whose leadership was in question have responded masterfully. As Frank Clark said, this is no longer Sherman's team, this is no longer Earl's team. This is no longer Bennett, Chancellor, Lynch team.
This is Frank's team. And he proved it on the field.
People in the media and even on this site have tried to define Pete by the failure at the SB. People have tried to define Wilson by the LOB and Lynch. People said Russell was nobody without the LOB. He was nobody without Lynch.
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.
Russell , Doug, Bobby have proven them all wrong.

Pete said in his conference: This season has been a lesson in leadership. And I agree.

Russell, Doug, Bobby are not fake leaders. They are not trying to build leadership by running their mouth in the media every day.
I love this team. I love its personalities. I love their leadership.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Overall record may not say it, but this season the Seahawks have rediscovered their identity. They had lost that in the previous two seasons. The first two games, they were still searching for it. But after those games, they are 9-4. Now sticking with the rediscovered identity is the key. What that identity is physically punishing football (offense and defense). Keep pounding...Go Hawks!!!!

The kicking game hasn't been significantly better than last season. Seabass isn't much of an upgrade over Walsh. What is different is that they have not been burned by the misses as much. It hasn't been the difference in winning or losing games as it was last season. They have been better on offense than last year and are scoring more touchdowns. Their red zone offense has dramatically improved this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Again you can look at the cover and make a judgement or read the book and know the details. What Pete and everyone has done is re invent this team on the fly, it will never get recorded that way but I would say 99 percent of all teams could not do it. With all the changes most teams would either not be in sync or the pieces would not have fit.

Those that know what I am talking about get it, those that don't will continue to wonder why their fantasy team picks and Madden games don't reflect what has happened.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Same record but this time he team is doing it with a young team that you think will get better as guys make less mistakes with experience. Last year it was 9-6 with a team we knew would have to rebuild. Think of the feeling after this week 16 win with the whole team all in with little controversy vs last year where despite the week 16 win the big story was Earl’s “come get me” visit to the Cowboys locker room

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The 2017 Offense was Signature Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell....The had no clue on how to breathe life back into a Run Game, their success depended on Russell Wilson making up for a lot of their misfit Coaching, I mean hell, Wilson was the Seahawks #1 RB & Quarterback, PLUS, the Offensive Line, that was suppose to help protect Wilson, wasn't anything to brag about..AT ALL!

The 2018 Offensive Line under Solari & Schottenheimer, went from Crappers, to SCRAPPERS, Carson came back healthy, and finally had some DECENT Run Blocking, & the Offense in general went from single facet to multi pronged.

The 2018 Defense, was another Addition By Subtraction gig, unload ME players, Richard Sherman & Michael Bennett, then go out and find some young & hungry guys that aren't in it just for the money, and WANT to be a part of an "I'm In" TEAM.

warden

Reaction score
Last year, too many players self importance got in the way. We may of had more talent in 2017 but we have more heart in 2018

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2xptn4qa said:
The 2017 Offense was Signature Tom Cable & Darryl Bevell....The had no clue on how to breathe life back into a Run Game, their success depended on Russell Wilson making up for a lot of their misfit Coaching, I mean hell, Wilson was the Seahawks #1 RB & Quarterback, PLUS, the Offensive Line, that was suppose to help protect Wilson, wasn't anything to brag about..AT ALL!

The 2018 Offensive Line under Solari & Schottenheimer, went from Crappers, to SCRAPPERS, Carson came back healthy, and finally had some DECENT Run Blocking, & the Offense in general went from single facet to multi pronged.

The 2018 Defense, was another Addition By Subtraction gig, unload ME players, Richard Sherman & Michael Bennett, then go out and find some young & hungry guys that aren't in it just for the money, and WANT to be a part of an "I'm In" TEAM.

We have a 1000 yard rusher and a couple guys over 300 and Wilson I think with 300 thats almost 2000 yards rushing with 1 game left to play.

Last year Wilson was the leading rusher, that alone is so significant that it would take a book to write what it really means, but our receivers love what the run game has done to their opportunities as well. People here say we don't have enough passing game, we are still deveoping the opportunities, we don't have the body types that Schotty typically likes for the underneath stuff yet or skill set. we are pretty small really, but we have speed and the missing piece is a healthy Baldwin, he still isn't healthy but guts out games when he can. This year everything is bonus from here on out, where we go and how far is just icing and to be enjoyed. This draft and off season we will fortify the positions we need to and next season people once again be going wholly shit look at the Seahawks.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The vocal malcontents on last years team made it not much fun.

But imagine last years team with Haush over Walsh and Solari over Cable.

Dare to dream.