The Russell Wilson Ankle Injury Thread (post updates here)

canfan

Reaction score
HawkGA":3cgbi5rr said:
If putting Boykin in would force Pete and Bevel to go spread more, it might be worth it.

Yes, because going spread with an inferior QB would fix everything.

HawkGA

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":21di4zcq said:
Watching the Suh video again -- it doesn't look as bad as I remember yesterday. Suh only catches him with the edge of his shoe -- doesn't put all his weight on RW.

His ankle bends back. But it's not a complete rotation. It's clearly not a break.

Might just be really sore for a couple of weeks.

I agree, I don't think it looks that bad**. There wasn't really that much bending going on and it was more of a sideways bend, not a backwards bend.

** says the sissy who has never played organized football or sustained a real injury of any kind.

HawkGA

Reaction score
canfan":23eyox3g said:
HawkGA":23eyox3g said:
If putting Boykin in would force Pete and Bevel to go spread more, it might be worth it.

Sarcasm is lost on some people.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
High ankle sprains occur when the foot is twisted outside while the leg remains straight. Unfortunately, there are some players, i.e. Vontaze Burfict, who make a career out of twisting people's feet. I think Suh just got "lucky" here.

canfan

Reaction score
HawkGA":o9tvngpb said:
canfan":o9tvngpb said:
HawkGA":o9tvngpb said:

You're right! I need the :sarcasm_on: ! I've seen stranger stuff on here said in all seriousness, so you can hardly blame me for tossing out a line looking for context. Thanks for clarifying.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'm telling you, DMSO will take the sweeling right down. It's the best anti inflammatory there is. I use it all the time.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We are not paying the guy to take a loss so he can avoid getting hurt more/worse whatever.I fully agree this will force him to stay in the pocket more which is a good thing.He can get hurt anytime in any game so why worry about what you have no control over?I know our season pretty much ends if he pulls an RG3 but he has not since he's been here.We need every win and the Rams are nothing special that we need to lose a Division game just because they have beaten us prior to this year and people are afraid of a smash mouth team.You smash them and end the streak they have.That is all

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3o63q4x4 said:
The goal should be #1 seed in the playoffs. If he can play he should play. RW at 50% gives us better chance to win then Boykin or anybody else available.

I am on this train, if he can play send him out there.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
One more completely unqualified opinion:

I've only ever suffered a mild ankle sprain but I remember being able to walk unencumbered. I didn't enjoy trying to slide step with it but it was more of a pain tolerance thing than a mobility issue. Russ could be more affected or less than what I found but I think his pain tolerance is pretty high given that he hung out there and finished plus the stories of him concealing other injuries from coaches/teammates over the years.

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
I would like to know what restaurant he was photographed at. I can find no such photo on the googles.

HawkGA

Reaction score
canfan":3dqbmfef said:
HawkGA":3dqbmfef said:
canfan":3dqbmfef said:
HawkGA":3dqbmfef said:

You're right! I need the :sarcasm_on: ! I've seen stranger stuff on here said in all seriousness, so you can hardly blame me for tossing out a line looking for context. Thanks for clarifying.

True. Sarcasm may be lost on some, but common sense is lost on other. :irishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/775455290888032256[/tweet]"Pete Carroll says Russell Wilson is not in a boot and walking around and planning to practice Wednesday"

Also this on CJ Prosise
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/775455705805447168[/tweet]"CJ Prosise has a crack in his hand but should be able to play with a cast."

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
...which is coachspeak for "we don't have a backup QB capable of running the offense right now, so Wilson's playing."

That ankle had better not get aggravated.

byau

Reaction score
Rocket":34a8vunz said:
Mistashoesta":34a8vunz said:
TatupuIsRRRR":34a8vunz said:
Now we see if recovery water actual very good for make better. That ankle feel like terrible today.

This guy/gal is turning into my favorite poster.
Absolutely... Reminds me of my aunts and uncles from the Old Country.
I WANT MORE...

+1 .. a few language issues? So what - can't stop the passion and heart of wanting to contribute to a Seahawks fan forum.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2azzvs3p said:
This ankle injury might be a good thing for 2 reasons:

1) It will inspire his teammates to play their hardest.

2) It will help improve Russ's pocket passing.

Rodgers was still deadly when he had to stay in the pocket due to his calf injury. So our Offensive play-calling needs to get the ball out quick to our play-makers.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
“He’s pretty good. He’s not in a boot," Carroll said of Wilson, who had his ankle stepped on by Miami defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh in Sunday's 12-10 season-opening win over the Dolphins. "He’s walking around and he’s practicing on Wednesday and he’s planning on playing. We’ll see how it goes.”

"So that’s why I tell you, he’s walking around today, you can hardly tell anything’s wrong with him," Carroll said. "We’ll help him in practice during the week to make sure that we take care of him, but he’s planning on playing.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/12 ... practicing

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":wuh0mlgl said:
Wartooth":wuh0mlgl said:
That last drive, when he took off running, he looked fine.

Ankle sprains are notoriously easier to deal with immediately after the sprain than they are a week later with no adrenaline, no constant movement on it, etc.

Forget the fact we are playing Jeff Fisher/Gregg Williams this week, a team known for its dirty play. Even if that ankle is ok to go Week 2, I'm worried it won't be ok to go Week 3 and beyond.

We need a vet QB. The Boykin thing is cute and fun until well.. your starter is hobbled.

I agree with this. I twisted my ankle at mile ONE of a Marathon (26.2 miles), and continued on not knowing it was twisted. I thought it was CUT open. Every time I stopped for water, it hurt like HE double hockey sticks.
Once the race was over, I could barely walk.
One the good side, I was running 2 weeks later.

I think he will be fine with the pro ankle wrap jobs they do, but no cutting or scrambling.

Not sure what to think of him playing.

nategreat

Reaction score
He'll be fine guys, it sounds like a pretty minor ankle sprain (no limp, no crutches). Quit all your worrying. Seriously. He's going to play, and he should. And no, he's not risking his career by playing on it :roll:

Latest posts