The Saints were jobbed

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, I'd be embarrassed if I was a Rams fan. In fact, if this was the Hawks, I would be equally as embarrassed. What a joke.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1huaizbb said:
Sports Hernia":1huaizbb said:
Uncle Si":1huaizbb said:
Not my words. Those have been splashed all over major media for days.

Think about it... really think about it.

I feel sorry for you. Desperate to find justification, failing miserably and resorting to cheap passive aggressive comments to support your failing attempts.

Sad... but enjoyable.

Youre trying every tactic you can and still have to go on with the fact your teams win is tainted
This Rams can reminds me of the Stealers fans that invaded our then forum trying to justify their win in XL*.
Sad.

Right?
Just take your win...

Many, if not most, of RamFan's arguments are plausible, if not reasonable. Certainly from a Rams point of view.
What I saw is that even after that ?purposely? botched PI call, it still took about a half-dozen fantastic plays by the Rams to get the win. Let's say 3 plays on the game-tying FG drive. No picnic there. Then, in OT, the Rams pass-rusher had to beat the Saints OL and get to Brees to affect the throw. Then, DB John Johnson had to locate the ball, and catch it, while basically on his back. Then Zeurlein had to make that LONG FG to win it. Yes, that missed PI was big, but things suck and your team has to play through it. The so-called "missed facemask" on Goff--to me, that was a proper no-call. So not even a factor. Let's just say that the Rams made more plays after the missed PI fiasco than the Saints did. As the game showed, the teams were well-matched and both teams were "deserving".

The penalty disparity during the game, favoring the Saints, yes it does align closely with XL's numbers.
I really don't have an opinion based on evidence; then there is the issue of no-calls that should have been called, on both sides. Anyone have a video compilation showing the overall penalty calls and non-calls during the game? Of course it may have creator's editorial bias, but would be interesting in any case.

The Rams will be a tougher matchup for the Patriots, IMO. They have the pass-rushers to get to Brady. I don't really see NE both stopping that Rams offense and putting up enough points to ice the game before crunch time. In 4th quarter crunch time, I expect to see the Rams Offense score multiple times on an exhausted Patriots D. When Brady has a chance for heroics, I expect to see Aaron Donald or Rams edge rushers affect Brady's throw(s) and either result in a pick or an incomplete that gives the ball back to Goff, Gurley & Co.

I'm glad the Rams are repping the NFC in the SB. I think they match up better with the Patriots than the Saints would have, primarily because of their pass rush and DL. As long as the Patriots lose, it's all good.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
They're plausible because they point to every factor besides the penalty. But without that non-call, the rest is fairly immaterial.

No one play had a greater impact on win probability. You wont see me calling conspiracy or hating the Rams for being there (they did a lot). But... that call cannot just be dismissed as "one of many plays".. it really ignores the impact.

Not calling for a replay of the game, just a change in how games are officiated. I never thought XL was a conspiracy... just really poor, and each call seemed so subjective. Would like to see that addressed.

Thats my issue Rams fans or anyone else moving the narrative in this way. The future game could suffer if not addressed.

Nothing against the Rams.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
saints-robbed-1-20-2019-ladies-shirt-Copy-800x800.jpg

RedAlice

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2v1udt25 said:
They're plausible because they point to every factor besides the penalty. But without that non-call, the rest is fairly immaterial.

No one play had a greater impact on win probability. You wont see me calling conspiracy or hating the Rams for being there (they did a lot). But... that call cannot just be dismissed as "one of many plays".. it really ignores the impact.

Not calling for a replay of the game, just a change in how games are officiated. I never thought XL was a conspiracy... just really poor, and each call seemed so subjective. Would like to see that addressed.

Thats my issue Rams fans or anyone else moving the narrative in this way. The future game could suffer if not addressed.

Nothing against the Rams.

Officiating has been an issue forever.

I want it fixed.

All those on here blaming me as a Rams fan can......

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":3hlpaog7 said:
I am now all in on the Niners.
You need to go to 49er Webzone then..
What the hell is wrong with you?I know their uni's
match your hair better but damn..Then you want
Sac's bike.. :34853_doh:

IronSaint

Reaction score
LOOOOOL, Rams fans really here trying to justify being gifted a Super Bowl appearance like y’all earned it. Not to mention it took 4 of the 7 officials being from the area on the officiating crew including the head referee and the two that were directly involved in blowing the easiest call in league history only to win by 3.

If y’all do end up winning Sunday, y’all will go down in NFL lore as paper champions with a big fat asterisk next to “Super Bowl LIII Champions*”. But I’m sure that banner will look nice in that empty stadium in Inglewood.

:0190l:

olyfan63

Reaction score
IronSaint":kin3osnx said:
If y’all do end up winning Sunday, y’all will go down in NFL lore as paper champions with a big fat asterisk next to “Super Bowl LIII Champions*”. But I’m sure that banner will look nice in that empty stadium in Inglewood.
:0190l:

If the Rams win on Sunday, they will be known as the team that destroyed the Belichick-Brady dynasty once and for all.

If the Rams win, there will be a Sean McVay knob-slobbering fest in the media. Just like with TB12 after 2014. McVay better not go in there without protection. You just don't know where those media sleazeballs mouths have been. Better safe than slobbery, er sorry.

I just don't see any point in going on about the badly blown PI call; nothing I can do about it.
it points to a problem with the NFL, that the NFL seems uninterested in fixing.
Your Saints were pretty awesome all year and certainly deserving to be back in the SB again.

Mindsink

Reaction score
olyfan63":3loydgbq said:
If the Rams win, there will be a Sean McVay knob-slobbering fest in the media. Better safe than slobbery, er sorry.

LOL! Images of Erin Andrews and Rachel Nichols double-teaming McVay came to mind.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I've followed the topic of the PI and helmet to helmet non calls since the Saints and Rams game.

I'm angry at the injustice and that the end result seemed pre-determined.

This favoritism could happen to any team not furthering the NFL's agenda (whatever that happens to be at the time).

For fans thinking their team could get to the Super Bowl, this situation reared it's ugly head in reality.

It brought a whole new outlook for me. No longer do I think that the best teams win.

We have two cheaters representing in the SB. The spying and ball deflating Cheatriots and the Shams who deliberately broke the rules in the final two minutes of the game. (Guessing correctly that they wouldn't be called for it).

I would have supported the Rams IF they hadn't cheated. The refs allowed them to break the rules without consequences.

I won't be watching.

I'm also ordering a few of those Clown t-shirts for myself and a few friends to wear to the games. The NFL doesn't need my money in merchandise sales.

Chapow

Reaction score
RedAlice":3miohqdo said:
Officiating has been an issue forever.

I want it fixed.

All those on here blaming me as a Rams fan can......

Blaming you for what? Nobody blames Rams fans for the non call, but you do look awfully silly trying to rationalize it.

Based on what I see here.

I can no longer root for Hawks. Go Niners!

I didn't have any idea you ever rooted for the 'Hawks. Thought you were a Rams fan? Can't imagine anyone here cares who you root for in any case.

I am now all in on the Niners.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OK. Bye.

Hey!

Hawks have a bycicle!!

Hope the hangover wasn't too bad. Don't forget to hydrate.

IronSaint

Reaction score
olyfan63":xs5pehoi said:
I just don't see any point in going on about the badly blown PI call; nothing I can do about it.
it points to a problem with the NFL, that the NFL seems uninterested in fixing.
Your Saints were pretty awesome all year and certainly deserving to be back in the SB again.

Agreed, there’s nothing we can do to fix it but you can’t tell me that knocking a division rival’s legitimacy doesn’t feel good. :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk":xs5pehoi said:
Iron Saint makes a lot of very good and very accurate points. What a farce.

Much appreciated, Soulfish. I pointed out in another thread that what makes it all even funnier is that petition Rams fans were circulating the week before the game trying to get Vinovich removed. I’ll quote it below for everyone in this thread to read and chuckle at the Rams fans hypocrisy.

IronSaint":xs5pehoi said:
Having one official local to either of the teams’ home isn’t beyond reason. Even two isn’t overly questionable. Three is where is begins to be suspicious. Four out of 7 is just blatantly obvious, especially when all four are local to the same team.

What makes it even more hilarious is these same Rams fans were vehemently against Vinovich (and two of his normal crew members) officiating the NFC Championship to the point they had started a petition to get Vinovich removed and are now having to pretend those same officials didn’t just gift them a Super Bowl appearance.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ved-from-nfc-championship-game-and-heres-why/

"There is no reason to repeat the exact same officiating crew for the rematch in the playoffs, other than to stack the odds for Drew Brees to go out with a ring," the petition states. "There are TONS of other combinations the NFL could have chosen. Whether or not the bias is intentional, there is too much data to demonstrate a pattern, and for a corporation as big as the NFL to not see this pattern is highly unlikely. The magnitude of this game is too large and the referees should be neutral, plain and simple."

8,036 agreed with that sentiment and signed that petition and 0 of them can admit they were gifted that same game.

“wE eArNeD tHaT sUpEr BoWL aPpEaRaNcE tHo!” LOOOOOL.

BleuEyedHawk":xs5pehoi said:
I've followed the topic of the PI and helmet to helmet non calls since the Saints and Rams game.

I'm angry at the injustice and that the end result seemed pre-determined.

This favoritism could happen to any team not furthering the NFL's agenda (whatever that happens to be at the time).

For fans thinking their team could get to the Super Bowl, this situation reared it's ugly head in reality.

It brought a whole new outlook for me. No longer do I think that the best teams win.

We have two cheaters representing in the SB. The spying and ball deflating Cheatriots and the Shams who deliberately broke the rules in the final two minutes of the game. (Guessing correctly that they wouldn't be called for it).

I would have supported the Rams IF they hadn't cheated. The refs allowed them to break the rules without consequences.

I won't be watching.

I'm also ordering a few of those Clown t-shirts for myself and a few friends to wear to the games. The NFL doesn't need my money in merchandise sales.

Indeed, made it worse that the NFC Championship tickets for my two seats were $650 and I paid that just to watch firsthand my team getting ****ed out of a Super Bowl appearance. I’ll be rewatching our Super Bowl from February 7th, 2010.

And speaking of the Clown shirts, this site has them available in almost every team’s colors! I ordered a black and gold one myself a few days ago. :lol:

https://permanentinc.threadless.com/des ... issioner-6

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Mindsink":1hs6a8qt said:
olyfan63":1hs6a8qt said:
If the Rams win, there will be a Sean McVay knob-slobbering fest in the media. Better safe than slobbery, er sorry.

LOL! Images of Erin Andrews and Rachel Nichols double-teaming McVay came to mind.

That beautiful mouf on Rachel when she says "ESPN"...... MANNNNN! :0190l: