The Saints were jobbed

uncle fester

Reaction score
First possession in overtime, with an opportunity to put things right, and Payton spends the whole drive moaning at the ref instead of paying attention. I bet no Saints fans complain about that.

SF49r

Reaction score
Have no sympathy for game deciding no calls after the superbowl 47 no holding call. Suck it up refs let them play, that's all I heard.

JRobinson

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":f5dk5ubp said:
I sure hope the chiefs win now but after watching this game, the fix will be rams vs cheatriots in the super bowl. This might be the first super bowl I would not watch

Im sure the ratings wouldn't be effected. .. but I'm speculating.

Jville

Reaction score
I remember a time when a flawless NFL didn't accept phone calls from Seattle because they chose not to acknowledged their errors.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1087131901176016898[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1087132256823578630[/tweet]

Far to much is made of the outcomes of sudden death tournaments. They're flawed tournaments that define no one.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maulbert":38qhenjb said:
Worst reffing I've seen since XL. What a joke.

I'm not sure about this. It was probably the worst individual call since that game. But XL will always be remembered for the screw job from the beginning to the end.

Maulbert

Reaction score
HawkGA":47zp162d said:
Maulbert":47zp162d said:

I'm not sure about this. It was probably the worst individual call since that game. But XL will always be remembered for the screw job from the beginning to the end.

Did I say it was worse than XL? No. I said this was the worst SINCE XL. That doesn't mean I think this was as bad.

JRobinson

Reaction score
uncle fester":qr5rgp7h said:
knownone":qr5rgp7h said:
uncle fester":qr5rgp7h said:
Sour grapes that’ll no doubt get turned into headlines.

4 out of Saints previous 5 drives ended in punts. They had plenty of opportunities to put the Rams away - and they blew it.
It's not sour grapes. The referees missed a game-defining penalty that was so blatant that it should have been two separate penalties. That decided the game, the previous Saints drives did not.

Rams were dead in the water, Goff was all over the place and Gurley wasn't even playing. Brees had ample room in those four drives to put the game out of reach and Payton got cute with fancy play calling that didn't work. That's stuff that decides games. They let the Rams back in it when it should've been over long before that call.

Goff was actually pretty good... especially against PRESSURE. There were drops and even balls he just threw away.. Don't know what was up with Gurley.. but he scored and had a big run late in the 4th.

"Ample room" ?? Funny. Which is why we sacked him twice and pressured him much more than that. What did Thomas do? Nothing. What did Kamara do in the 4th when it mattered most? Nothing. Wade Phillips did it all. We can't stop the run? Try two games below 55 yards against elite RBs... stop.

JRobinson

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":3t19213u said:
Aints got away with crap all game long.

Yup.. but wasn't going to say it myself... Glad someone else saw it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":t6t3w4pu said:
Maulbert":t6t3w4pu said:
HawkGA":t6t3w4pu said:
Maulbert":t6t3w4pu said:

Did I say it was worse than XL? No. I said this was the worst SINCE XL. That doesn't mean I think this was as bad.

There were several bad calls in that game but only one of them was as egregious as this one.

I like what Woodson said...

That the people asking the Saints to get over this call, well, they won't. Just like he'll never get over the Tuck rule... he'll go to his grave knowing his team was cheated and the NFL gave the Patriots that game.

Agreed this is right up there with the Tuck rule.

JRobinson

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":10bp0quo said:
Maulbert":10bp0quo said:
HawkGA":10bp0quo said:
Maulbert":10bp0quo said:

There were several bad calls in that game but only one of them was as egregious as this one.

I like what Woodson said...

That the people asking the Saints to get over this call, well, they won't. Just like he'll never get over the Tuck rule... he'll go to his grave knowing his team was cheated and the NFL gave the Patriots that game.

Agreed.

zetes

Reaction score
It was an obvious penalty but I hate seeing a penalty decide that game. They call so many defensive penalties that I don't mind them missing an obvious one in the last minutes of play. The Saints had the ball first in OT and had a chance to make the call irrelevant. Missed calls happen and I don't believe in the conspiracy theory that the call was intentional to make the Saints lose.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
uncle fester":1egu7o6b said:
First possession in overtime, with an opportunity to put things right, and Payton spends the whole drive moaning at the ref instead of paying attention. I bet no Saints fans complain about that.
Should not have Gotten to overtime with a correctly officiated game. That’s the point you are missing.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
uncle fester":32dqdzip said:
Sour grapes that’ll no doubt get turned into headlines.

4 out of Saints previous 5 drives ended in punts. They had plenty of opportunities to put the Rams away - and they blew it.

Daughter? Relative or the ref? At no point did you recognize it was a terribly blown call.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
zetes":1wq8yn59 said:
It was an obvious penalty but I hate seeing a penalty decide that game. They call so many defensive penalties that I don't mind them missing an obvious one in the last minutes of play. The Saints had the ball first in OT and had a chance to make the call irrelevant. Missed calls happen and I don't believe in the conspiracy theory that the call was intentional to make the Saints lose.
The play was going to effect the outcome either way, a no-call or call, so you might as well get it right.
Even the head of officials told the Saints Payton 2 calls were missed on that one play, DPI, and helmet to helmet.

The NFL’s officiating problem is costing their product credibility. Piss poor and or steered Officiating is going to be the league’s downfall if they don’t fix it.