The San Diego Road Trip Thread updated (9/10)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am probably hitting the one at Old Town. It is about 4 blocks from my motel. Kiss is best...Keep It Simple Stupid...talking to myself on this one for ONE TIME ONLY.

minormillikin

Reaction score
The forecast keeps getting hotter. A few days ago Sunday was predicted to be high 70s, then it was high 80s and now low 90s.

The funny part is, it's only going to be like 5 degrees warmer than Olympia.

Come back to me Fall! I'll rake all the leaves you want, just bring me the cool weather!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was SOOOOO ready for this. Planned on staying with cousin who had tickets. Family emergency altered plans.

I used to love going to the Seahawks games there when I was Navy, worked in San Diego long enough to see 3 games. Weather always fantastic, very easy crowd. In fact it was the first place I actually watched the Seahawks live. It could get cooking in the early season though. That is a different sun down there. Like white hot.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":u5qhz319 said:
I was SOOOOO ready for this. Planned on staying with cousin who had tickets. Family emergency altered plans.

I used to love going to the Seahawks games there when I was Navy, worked in San Diego long enough to see 3 games. Weather always fantastic, very easy crowd. In fact it was the first place I actually watched the Seahawks live. It could get cooking in the early season though. That is a different sun down there. Like white hot.

My fam thing will happen after the game.....dammm.

NinjaHawk38

Reaction score
Aros":1yntx7jk said:

It is! I live here and I'm sweating balls still haha. That's why I paid a little more to sit in the areas that have shading. That's why they are advising the home crowd wear White. Shorts is a definite must and sunscreen cause the Sun hits the visitors section the whole game. But in the tunnels there is an always a strong breeze going through it. That's why you see the stands at Chargers games looking empty it's cause people are hanging out in the tunnels or finding shade haha.

Evil Dead

Reaction score
Dammit!

Sure was hoping to get a nice break from the Texas heat. :180670: Oh well, I guess we'll be used to it, just without the sweltering Houston humidity. My wife and I will be there with the rest of the 12th Man! Hope to stop by the tailgate. Thanks again to SonomaHawk for the tickets!

rjdriver

Reaction score
df04c897fd914e52661e72896ff515be.jpg

So pumped to meet some of you guys!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
From my neighbor who grew up in San Diego...

"...Mention El Indio as a place for quality Mexican...Its right in the middle between where your at and downtown. That is a well known spot for locals and tourists. It was on Diners,Drive in and Dives too...

3-4 doors down is a killer seafood sandwich shop that I try and hit when I go there. Like fresh grilled halibut on bakery bread etc...Its super good and usually has a line...Always a good sign its good. Called Blue Water Grill....Its really good

Both of these are on India St. Its in a good safe area too which is nice."

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Not me...thru Oakland......with a 30 min or so layovah. I think enuff time for a beer.....Or not. it is about 1030 after all.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Not me (almost to SD now). I do go through LAX on the return flight.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":2ql5hnb3 said:
What you guys doing on Saturday?

I was thinking about going to the Midway...take a look around there and then hit the whiskey girl...then hit thrusters on the beach area of MIssion blvd.
Friday headed to Hooters for lunch when I get in. Then get acclimated to the area.
All things are up in the air except the whiskey girl. I need her..er uh to go there and meet some people in the late afternoon.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I arrive Friday night. Meeting Seahawk80 at Whisky Girl at 5pm Saturday. Likely to jump between there and another Seahawk bar I'm hearing about. Will hit good Mexican food at some point. Other than that I'm trying to be flexible.

Latest posts