The scientific certainty of drafting

nanomoz

Reaction score
I find this a little bit more relevant.

Hawks draft

sutz

Reaction score
It's more art than science, I think. If all it took was a spreadsheet and a computer, any yahoo could do it. :)

NoGain

Reaction score
It's one of the reasons why I don't get too crazy about the draft. I mean, I look at mocks, prospect profiles, occasionally do a little deeper dive into watching a player's tape, and do get excited on draft day. But I don't pretend to have any expertise about how college players might pan out in the NFL. Even the people who know a hell of a lot more than I do get it wrong a lot. Take the top QB's in the coming draft. I have barely a clue as to who really might pan out at the next level.

There are only like 3-4 players in the coming draft who I feel somewhat confident are going to be quality NFL players, rather than merely average, below expectations, or busts. I do think this year is a particularly difficult year in that regard.

Chevy

Reaction score
It's one of the reasons why I don't get too crazy about the draft. I mean, I look at mocks, prospect profiles, occasionally do a little deeper dive into watching a player's tape, and do get excited on draft day. But I don't pretend to have any expertise about how college players might pan out in the NFL. Even the people who know a hell of a lot more than I do get it wrong a lot. Take the top QB's in the coming draft. I have barely a clue as to who really might pan out at the next level.

There are only like 3-4 players in the coming draft who I feel somewhat confident are going to be quality NFL players, rather than merely average, below expectations, or busts. I do think this year is a particularly difficult year in that regard.
That's how I feel about the MLB drafts. I don't really put in the time to evaluate players or even look into all the projected 1st round prospect highlights. I look at the MLB mock drafts and lean on their opinions. This way I rarely get disappointed, on draft day, with the Mariners drafts. It's even more hit and miss than the NFL draft.

Latest posts