The Seahawks Win If...

RiverDog

Reaction score
Aros":o4e0ugmu said:
The Seahawks Win Tomorrow If...

...they bring that physicality and punishing-style of play that was so evident last year. Call it swag, call it what you want, but it has not been seen this year since the opening game against the Packers. If they don't bring that back tomorrow, we lose.

What's yours?

It's interesting that you mention that we seem to have lost that swagger about us as I just got through mentioning it in the thread started by CardsForever. There's a different feel to this season. We are not finding ways to win like we did last year. It has the "been there, done that" type of feel to it. I suppose that's one of the reasons why SB repeats are so rare nowadays.

Hopefully having our backs against the wall like this will shake things up and give us a sense of urgency.

Largent80

Reaction score
AZ is playing defense the way we did last year.

We are NOT, for the multitude of reasons hashed over already in the last 2 months.

Whatever, just start smashing teams please, because for this year it is now or never.

endzorn

Reaction score
Arizona will bring the physicality. Put it this way, if we don't match it we're gonna get beaten soundly. If I had to use one key I would say that we need to hit a few big plays when Arizona blitzes. They aren't an offensive juggernaut so I think we can slow their offense, but their defense is the ballsiest collection of play calling and execution the NFL has seen in a few years and they make it work.

I still think Arizona wins an ugly game.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Largent80":2z8nj22f said:
AZ is playing defense the way we did last year.

If you're talking stylistically that's one thing...I don't necessarily see them matching that, but okay, I suppose someone could make an argument for it.

In terms of quality, there's just no way. Where the Seahawks' 2013 defense was historically elite, this year's Arizona squad hasn't been top 5 in the league by any reasonable metric. Heck, this year's Cardinals defense actually measures as being slightly worse than our 2014 defense so far by some major metrics (ANFLS efficiency, Inpredictable GPF, though they have rated slightly better than us in defensive DVOA).

This isn't to say that their defense hasn't been good; it has been a fringe top 10 defense, so it would be silly of me to call that "not good." But happily our 2013 squad set an extremely high bar that shouldn't have comparisons drawn to it lightly unless a defense is all kinds of elite.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3sraz2gf said:
They score more points than the other team.

Agreed, but we also need the scoreboard to accurately present the score. Lots of obstacles to overcome today.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If we stop their run game, and ours is good in short yardage.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Complete some shots down field to help open up the running game against a stingy run defense and we will need to pressure the QB on defense. Jaws showed how their QB has been staring down his targets on pressured throws. As always the game favors teams (especially home teams) that don't turn the ball over but I think you guys are correct that Russell needs to losen up and take a few chances in the passing game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3jiypw2y said:
Convert redzone opportunities and get good play from our linebackers.

More on converting the Red Zone opportunities than anything else to me. If they get close....punch it in....
Go Hawks. :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Holly crud! Warner just did a segment showing that the Cards "no fly zone" defense is vulnerable to the quick slant and to double moves IF you can by the time for your QB to hold the ball long enough. I sure hope Bev and Pete saw the same thing.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
brimsalabim":16x6p69o said:
Holly crud! Warner just did a segment showing that the Cards "no fly zone" defense is vulnerable to the quick slant and to double moves IF you can by the time for your QB to hold the ball long enough. I sure hope Bev and Pete saw the same thing.
Bevell was too busy perusing the Black Friday sales ads.

Chawks1

Reaction score
The Seahawks win if.....we contain John Brown and take away the deep ball. AZ plays for the big pass play. Also, RW has to be ready for a jailbreak on every pass play cuz AZ gonna bring the blitz. He needs to hit a couple big plays to have the D second guess bringing the pressure.

stack600

Reaction score
Agree with almost all above...But we do need to get the swag back..got to beat em up till they give up..GO HAWKS!!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I feel like if we win if Helfett has a good game. Give him some blocks he can run.

Haushka has to be huge for us again. I feel like we are going to need at least four FGs from him. Our offense will probably stall in the red zone in the first half.

We need some turnovers....Hopefully Maxwell steps up. I think he will be targeted.

Beastmode's back needs a spell. Who picks up the running for us? I wish it was Turbin...it will be our qb Wilson. Slide smart like you always do.

Now can the Skins help us and beat the Niners! That game is gonna go down to the 4th.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2owqhju0 said:
I feel like if we win if Helfett has a good game. Give him some blocks he can run.

Last post best post?

Not saying it was the reason for the win, but Helfet came up huge today! Loved the TD and the body slam on the blocked punt.

Cartire

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":4mkjwbyu said:
NJSeaHawk":4mkjwbyu said:

Last post best post?

Not saying it was the reason for the win, but Helfet came up huge today! Lover the TD and the body slam on the blocked punt.

I think you need to look at when he posted...

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Cartire":t8go8j60 said:
Grahamhawker":t8go8j60 said:
NJSeaHawk":t8go8j60 said:

Last post best post?

Not saying it was the reason for the win, but Helfet came up huge today! Lover the TD and the body slam on the blocked punt.

Ouch!

I've been scammed....

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1kaqcza6 said:
Grahamhawker":1kaqcza6 said:
NJSeaHawk":1kaqcza6 said:

Last post best post?

Cartire you player hater! Lol I was wondering when someone would notice....

Latest posts