The weekly fire Bevell thread

stack55

Reaction score
The problem is that Pete's the one holding Bevell back.
And we're so predictable , run 1st& 2nd with Lynch in
Then run a empty back field and pass.

marko358

Reaction score
Probably not all on Bevell but these red zone stats just keep getting worse. Click on each of the images to expand.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/661532670279610368[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
marko358":3d66xdoq said:
Probably not all on Bevell but these red zone stats just keep getting worse. Click on each of the images to expand.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/661532670279610368[/tweet]

As much as I defend Bevell, the Red Zone is one area where I'm highly critical of him. No reason with a QB like Russell, RB like Lynch and TE like Graham that we're not a top 5 Red Zone offense.

So much room for creativity with these three. Which makes me think it's not a personnel thing, it's a philosophical thing with Pete not wanting to make mistakes, turn the ball over, take the FG and trust his defense.

Look at all the great Red Zone offenses like the Pats, Saints, etc and it requires not only creativity, but risk. Those QB's aren't afraid to rifle the ball into tight spaces. Russell is THE most hesitant QB in the league when it comes to throwing his WR's and TE's open. So that could be the major problem right there.

bandiger

Reaction score
He's not performing up to par sorry. There should be a critical internal review and whether its time to dump Bevell. I hope the Titans actually hire him under the pretense of developing Wilson :roll:

marko358

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":p8cn9q0x said:
As much as I defend Bevell, the Red Zone is one area where I'm highly critical of him. No reason with a QB like Russell, RB like Lynch and TE like Graham that we're not a top 5 Red Zone offense.

So much room for creativity with these three. Which makes me think it's not a personnel thing, it's a philosophical thing with Pete not wanting to make mistakes, turn the ball over, take the FG and trust his defense.

Look at all the great Red Zone offenses like the Pats, Saints, etc and it requires not only creativity, but risk. Those QB's aren't afraid to rifle the ball into tight spaces. Russell is THE most hesitant QB in the league when it comes to throwing his WR's and TE's open. So that could be the major problem right there.

It's just maddening. Going into this season, Lynch and Graham were 2 of the top 3 red zone scorers in the entire NFL in the past few years (forgot the exact stat). How the heck are we dead last now?!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We've been outscoring teams to the tune of about 70% of the time the last 3 years. I see us getting better in all regards this season. We're on a good path.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":hdsw0b6k said:
We've been outscoring teams to the tune of about 70% of the time the last 3 years. I see us getting better in all regards this season. We're on a good path.

I just don't understand how you could say "we're on a good path" unless you're a mole, a troll, or a Bevell and you (understandably) don't want to uproot your family. This isn't ALL on DB, but if you looked at the link Marko provided, this is alarming. I knew it was bad, but didn't realize it was THIS bad. Damn.

For those that didn't go beyond the Twitter link:
http://chawktalk.com/2015/11/03/this-is ... er-wilson/

mrt144

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":3vlhjxbu said:
Siouxhawk":3vlhjxbu said:

I just don't understand how you could say "we're on a good path" unless you're a mole, a troll, or a Bevell and you (understandably) don't want to uproot your family. This isn't ALL on DB, but if you looked at the link Marko provided, this is alarming. I knew it was bad, but didn't realize it was THIS bad. Damn.

Some look at results as wholly indicative of superior process and talent. They will never dissect the results and look for improvement since the gameplan relies wholly on execution and thusly can never be elevated.

If you're hoping for good and insightful conversation about Bevell with those people you're just not going to get it. They would follow Bevell to the ends of the earth and die happily under his command.

The Hawks could be similarly tepid next year with Bevell and they would still point to the superbowl as evidence that Bevell is the best OC in the league, bar none.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":7jajcyjt said:
Way to go out on a limb, nostradamus. You see us getting better? Pretty safe call when the offense is working worse right now that the first 8 games of Russell's career.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
mrt144":2u1t5yjz said:
SeahawksBMX":2u1t5yjz said:
Siouxhawk":2u1t5yjz said:

Some look at results as wholly indicative of superior process and talent. They will never dissect the results and look for improvement since the gameplan relies wholly on execution and thusly can never be elevated.

If you're hoping for good and insightful conversation about Bevell with those people you're just not going to get it. They would follow Bevell to the ends of the earth and die happily under his command.

The Hawks could be similarly tepid next year with Bevell and they would still point to the superbowl as evidence that Bevell is the best OC in the league, bar none.

I believe your sig says it all.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3vu1oza4 said:
Siouxhawk":3vu1oza4 said:
Way to go out on a limb, nostradamus. You see us getting better? Pretty safe call when the offense is working worse right now that the first 8 games of Russell's career.
Yeah, and we're 4-4 with the worst part of our schedule behind us. And in our losses, a play here or there could've swung it our way. And we were playing behind an inexperienced offensive line that is just now showing signs of life.
There's plenty to be positive about, unless you're just a crotchety "get off my grass" type who chooses to only dwell on the negative.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawk offense has scored combined 6 points in the 2nd half of the past two games. Both against teams that are dealing with poor play and injuries. This is not a good thing. They need to improve their scoring and quickly. They couldn't outscore a Panther team that only has one bonafide receiving threat - Greg Olsen. That's how pathetic the Seahawk offense has been through the first 8 games of the season.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We averaged 5.5 yards a play on offense against the Cowboys and then closed the game out with a 17-play drive that salted the clock. Our offense is coming together just fine

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3nh040wq said:
We averaged 5.5 yards a play on offense against the Cowboys and then closed the game out with a 17-play drive that salted the clock. Our offense is coming together just fine

Gaining yards doesn't always equate to scoring touchdowns and scoring touchdowns gives a team a better chance to win the game. Seahawks have been unable to score touchdowns with the regularity they had been doing the past few seasons. This had hurt them this year.

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":22m7o7ap said:
That is all fine and great, but your forgetting about that fact that our HORRIBLE offense put us in the positon to have to make a 17 play 4th quarter drive to regain the lead.

Also, how many 17 play drives have you heard of that end in 3 points? That is almost difficult to do unless you are the 2015 Seattle Seahawks, in which case we consider it a great accomplishment.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
edogg23":1vyo9y87 said:
Siouxhawk":1vyo9y87 said:
That is all fine and great, but your forgetting about that fact that our HORRIBLE offense put us in the positon to have to make a 17 play 4th quarter drive to regain the lead.

Also, how many 17 play drives have you heard of that end in 3 points? That is almost difficult to do unless you are the 2015 Seattle Seahawks, in which case we consider it a great accomplishment.
Have you not been with us long? It's pretty much the same formula we've used to reach the last 2 Super Bowls.
And that field goal that culminated that beautiful 17-play drive WAS a thing of beauty because it put us ahead on the scoreboard and left them a minute and no timeouts to work with.

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":25qdl948 said:
edogg23":25qdl948 said:
Siouxhawk":25qdl948 said:

Have you not been with us long? It's pretty much the same formula we've used to reach the last 2 Super Bowls.
And that field goal that culminated that beautiful 17-play drive WAS a thing of beauty because it put us ahead on the scoreboard and left them a minute and no timeouts to work with.

:34853_doh:
We gave the ball back to the opposing team with a minute left only needing a field goal to beat us. That will work great against a team without a backup qb playing... If Romo was in there and we played that exact same football game we are 3-5 going into the bye.

Lets see what happens against the cardinals if we settle for field goals in the red zone and finish with 13 points.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
edogg23":2yey99ur said:
Siouxhawk":2yey99ur said:
edogg23":2yey99ur said:
Siouxhawk":2yey99ur said:

:34853_doh:
We gave the ball back to the opposing team with a minute left only needing a field goal to beat us. That will work great against a team without a backup qb playing... If Romo was in there and we played that exact same football game we are 3-5 going into the bye.

Lets see what happens against the cardinals if we settle for field goals in the red zone and finish with 13 points.
But Romo wasn't in there and this wasn't the Cards. It's situational football.