They addressed the offensive lineman shortage

Jville

Reaction score
The narrative of a shortage of offensive linemen coming out of college appears to have been addressed.

9 Offensive Linemen on the 53 man roster consisting of ..... Duane Brown, Mike Iupati, Justin Britt, D.J. Fluker, Germain Ifedi, Ethan Pocic, Joey Hunt, Jamarco Jones and George Fant.

1 on PUP ..... Phil Haynes

2 more on IR ..... Demetrious Knox & Jordan Simmons

4 more on the practice squad ........ OT Elijah Nkansah, G Jordan Roos, G Kahlil McKenzie & G/C Kyle Fuller

That's 16 offensive linemen currently in Mike Solari's system.

So the Seahawks are paying more than just lip service to addressing the shortage we consistently hear about.

chris98251

Reaction score
It tells me we are taking College guys and teaching them from the ground up to be NFL players, developing our own so we have a rotation going forward for contract reasons or injuries.

We have signed Vets that know Solaris system for now, ageing Brown, Iupati, a contract issue in the future in Britt, another Vet in Fluker, Ifedi is our fringe guy and if improves will be a future anchor or a cut for one of these developing guys, Fant and Jamarco Jones waiting in the wings as well. Simmons, Knox, Haynes, Roos, all guys that can step it up and be our guys without rolling the Cable dice.

I get the feeling that Pete doesn't want to chance Wilson being behind a revolving door going forward as well as have any issues with making sure we have a dominant run game.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Remembering the days of Rees Odhiambo, Kristian Sokoli, Bradley Sowell, Glowinsky , ... etc

nanomoz

Reaction score
Roos has stuck around so lock he's got to be close to mattering to depth, right?

McGruff

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2pymlj4b said:
Remembering the days of Rees Odhiambo, Kristian Sokoli, Bradley Sowell, Glowinsky , ... etc

We still have those kinds of players . . .

. . . On our practice squad.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":23dq0pzx said:
McGruff":23dq0pzx said:
joeseahawks":23dq0pzx said:

I won't defend them, but I wonder how much was due to Tom Cable's utter incompetence.

Well, apparently Glowinski is doing much better on the Colts.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":26ebylre said:
joeseahawks":26ebylre said:

Bradley Sowell? Sokoli? I don't think so.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
ivotuk":ap2m8x11 said:
McGruff":ap2m8x11 said:
joeseahawks":ap2m8x11 said:

A rather different group of lineman in this Solari era is replacing the Cable era. Team changes in linemen criteria reflect perceived change in player supply and demand around the league. There is a severe shortfall of exceptional movement athletes for offensive lines. So, they changed their acquisition criteria to pursue power and technique personnel and brought in a better coaching fit to take advantage of a bigger supply of viable candidates. These events are not about heroes and villains. It's about learning and adapting.

What goes around .... comes around. Over time, the blocking schemes and acquisition criteria of the other 31 teams do have an indirect effect on what the Seattle Seahawks chose in the way of blocking schemes. We are fortunate to have a front office that respects and responds to that reality.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Looking back, Cable must have been receiving money under the table from another team, to sabotage the line.
Like a memory of a bad dream fading now....Ahhhhhh

McGruff

Reaction score
ivotuk":q7xs5iry said:
McGruff":q7xs5iry said:
joeseahawks":q7xs5iry said:

Nkansah is that kind of player. Roos is that kind of player. Horribly raw and really bad, but intriguing athleticm.

Great on the PS. But those are guys who Cable would've thrown out there.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
The single biggest upgrade we had for our Offensive line comes down to one move.

Mike Solari for Tom Cable.

This change in coaching has single handedly made a bigger difference to our team in this area than anything else, at least IMO.

Short of an injury nightmare from hell, we are in very good shape for the near future it appears and are in very good hands with MS.

I can't wait for some real football this year, I think the Hawks are gonna surprise a lot of people.

GO HAWKS!!!