They need some statement victories in the coming weeks.

chris98251

Reaction score
You say statement wins I say treating the opposition like a Champion should, slap down up and comers, demoralize bad teams by thumping them soundly.

That is done by controlling the 1st, 2nd, 3rd quarters, defense gets a turn over, turn it into points, defense gets a Safety, score a touchdown, don't punt the ball. Dominate a factor on offense and impose your will, if they concede the short game then pick them apart, if they don't stack the box, run down their throats, they cheat up go deep and score.

The forcing the issue into their strength we see every week is just baffling.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I miss the days where our defense getting a turnover in the first quarter usually meant the opponent had no chance of even keeping it close. We used to demoralize teams.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3shjpdei said:
I miss the days where our defense getting a turnover in the first quarter usually meant the opponent had no chance of even keeping it close. We used to demoralize teams.

Those were the days...... :les:

adeltaY

Reaction score
We did blow out teams in our SB run, it's not like that never happened. The MNF game vs the Saints was our main "statement win," that year and it was domination from the start. We also blew out the Niners, Jags, Vikings, Falcons, and Rams. Yes, many of the wins that year were rough, but you could always feel how special that team was.