They Scored 39 Pts Against A Great Defense

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1ua1qmz5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1ua1qmz5 said:
They'll be lucky to go 9-7. Playoffs? Seriously? Arizona being clutch? Now you're off the deep end. 39 points to that offense at home? Face it this team mailed it in after February. There's no excuse for how gutless this team is.

What in the world are you talking about???
Same result everytime. Blame the officials, blame anyone or anything not on the fact we don't score, don't close, don't hold leads. That sir is what I'm talking about. Or you actually buy that Arizona is good? Given they get blown out by any good team like clockwork. Or any team that doesn't mail it in against division foes (Rams)?

It's boring and something needs to change from the philosophical level because everyone has caught up with our current philosophy and in some cases out performing us.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2wpo2on2 said:
seahawk12thman":2wpo2on2 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2wpo2on2 said:
They'll be lucky to go 9-7. Playoffs? Seriously? Arizona being clutch? Now you're off the deep end. 39 points to that offense at home? Face it this team mailed it in after February. There's no excuse for how gutless this team is.

Same result evertime. Blame the officials, blame anyone or anything not on the fact we don't score, don't close, don't hold leads. That sir is what I'm talking about. Or you actually buy that Arizona is good? Given they get blown out by any good team like clockwork. Or any team that doesn't mail it in against division foes (Rams)?

They are 7-2 and put 39 points up on the board. They dominated from both sides of the ball and the score was much closer than it should have been. Yeah they are a good team.. Perhaps you don't understand how hard it is to win in this league???

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Carry Williams is not the issue. I swear if Seattle went all three and outs except for one 7 point drive and we lost 10-7 on the last drive of the game,, some of you would blame the defense. Could the defense have won the game for us tonight,, maybe. Remember we were still down by 3 before that last run. They got us 14 points. Arizona was at mid field the whole first half except the first drive.

Not to mention Lynch got pretty much all his yards on his own. You know how rare that is in the NFL? Damn near impossible.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":1jyf1as2 said:
ringless":1jyf1as2 said:
Exittium":1jyf1as2 said:
Cary and the officiating helped them. If the offiating was even the score would be different and we would have won.

DO you really believe on a play to play basis that Seattle played better.

39 minutes of 21 in TOP.
84 plays to 52
Seattle 1 of 8 on thirds downs

I honestly don't know who played better, the refs pretty much stole momentum away from Seattle at every opportunity. It was XL-esque.

I do think AZ was more clutch, and Palmer was nails, so I don't mind that AZ won.

Even if Seattle makes the playoffs I feel like it is set in stone that Seattle won't hoist a lombardi this season. Teams that win it all catch the breaks, and no team in the NFL has had a harder time in the clutch this year than the Seahawks.

There were so many ticky tack iffy calls on the Hawks and they either put th O way behind the chains or gifted The card O first downs. They were gigantic momentum killers.

It was very frustrating

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cold truth is this defense has only been great this year against the bottom dwellers of the league. Its easy to shut down the likes of Kaepernick, Clausen, a 2-7 Lions team (who arguably should have beat us) and Matt Cassel.

But against the top teams in football? They've folded like cheap origami every. single. time.

I'm laughing at the poster that pins this all on Cary Williams too. The entire defense has been piss poor against the top competition. This team will finish 8-8, because there are still four patsies on the schedule and three outstanding teams.

The finish to XLIX may haunt this franchise forever. It is so damn hard to get back to that level. To get all the breaks. To stay healthy. To have the right mix of talent, drive, and salary flexibility. We're seeing that this year.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This is still a potentially great defense but they are getting screwed by the offense. The offense held the ball for about 8 minutes in the first half. The D is out there for about 22 minutes. That's hard to deal with. By the time the 4th quarter rolls around these dudes are probably gassed. We will never know how good they are until the offense can carry at least some of its own weight.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2yglhyed said:
MizzouHawkGal":2yglhyed said:
seahawk12thman":2yglhyed said:
MizzouHawkGal":2yglhyed said:

Same result evertime. Blame the officials, blame anyone or anything not on the fact we don't score, don't close, don't hold leads. That sir is what I'm talking about. Or you actually buy that Arizona is good? Given they get blown out by any good team like clockwork. Or any team that doesn't mail it in against division foes (Rams)?

They are 7-2 and put 39 points up on the board. They dominated from both sides of the ball and the score was much closer than it should have been. Yeah they are a good team.. Perhaps you don't understand how hard it is to win in this league???
They put up 39 points because of critical mistakes and crap calls.

I know very well how hard it is to win. If the Seahawks were disciplined they might not be in the sinkhole of mediocrity they're in. Too bad only New England seems to get that ugly fact.

Again Arizona is pretty average but unfortunately it won't be us that prove it. It will be either Carolina or whatever AFC team that makes it to Santa Clara and it likely won't be fun to watch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":9uqdbl6g said:
Come watch the AFC with me. You might get why I say Carolina is faux. And make you sad that the NFC has pretty much become full of weak teams within three years. It's all about that cycle and it's our turn at the bottom.

Iol, what.

The AFC has one legit team. Cincinnati may be a force too.. but they are every bit as "weak" as the NFC.. if not much worse.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ccczya3r said:
This is still a potentially great defense but they are getting screwed by the offense. The offense held the ball for about 8 minutes in the first half. The D is out there for about 22 minutes. That's hard to deal with. By the time the 4th quarter rolls around these dudes are probably gassed. We will never know how good they are until the offense can carry at least some of its own weight.

The D also can't stop a 3rd down and allow huge drives. TOP has blame on both sides. O can't sustain drives and D allows sustained drives.

No doubt the D is much better than O though

hawker84

Reaction score
Carrie Williams may not be the problem, but he is definitely a weak link in an already dysfunctional secondary. teams know It and they attack that side mercilessly. what other year has Sherman followed receivers around? I doubt you see him on the right side next season. And why can't Sherman catch a ball this season? stone hands for real this season

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Defensive Stats against teams with .500 or above records:

Record: 0-4
PPG: 30
Passing Yards: 303/gm
Rushing Yards: 122/gm

Defensive stats in 4 wins against Clausen, Stafford, Kaepernick, Cassel
PPG: 6
Passing Yards: 122/gm
Rushing Yards: 85/gm

That doesn't even include the disaster in the opener against the Rams.

Face it, this defense is a mirage. They feast on bottom dwellers and backup QB's, but have failed every time this year against the playoff caliber opponents. That's not how they played in 2014, and sure as hell not how they played when they won the Super Bowl.

Rob12

Reaction score
ringless":13z7nypm said:
Exittium":13z7nypm said:
Cary and the officiating helped them. If the offiating was even the score would be different and we would have won.

39 minutes of 21 in TOP.
84 plays to 52

I don't.

Arizona is clearly the superior team. They have a better HC and they had no fear at all in attacking our defense. They came into the Clink and outplayed the Hawks in nearly every facet.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3g80ivrk said:
Defensive Stats against teams with .500 or above records:

Record: 0-4
PPG: 30
Passing Yards: 303/gm
Rushing Yards: 122/gm

Defensive stats in 4 wins against Clausen, Stafford, Kaepernick, Cassel
PPG: 6
Passing Yards: 122/gm
Rushing Yards: 85/gm

That doesn't even include the disaster in the opener against the Rams.

Face it, this defense is a mirage. They feast on bottom dwellers and backup QB's, but have failed every time this year against the playoff caliber opponents. That's not how they played in 2014, and sure as hell not how they played when they won the Super Bowl.

This is painful. I mean damn. Ouch at those numbers.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Previous years:
- Defense - Elite borderline historic
- Offense - Mediocre with flashes of brilliance , but the elite defense allows the offense to look great with the extra possessions and defensive scores.
- Overall - SB Contender

This year:
- Defense - Good (not great)
- Offense - Bottom Dweller, which makes the defense turn from good to mediocre after they spend 3/4s of the game on the field.
Overall - 4-5 Bubble Team

The thing is everyone expected the defense to take a step or two back, due to losses in depth and coaching staff. BUT we were all hoping where the defense took a step back, the offense would take a step or two forward with RW adding another year of experience and adding a weapon like Jimmy Graham to the team. BUT Jimmy has been a non factor, RW looks worse, Marshawn seems to have taken a small step back, and the O-line fell completely on their butt. I'm coming to the realization that although this team is still on the bubble, I told myself week 8 would be the Seahawk team we get, and there you have it folks. I think we watch our beloved Hawks miss the playoffs this year :(.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Exittium":2630rmg0 said:
ringless":2630rmg0 said:
Exittium":2630rmg0 said:

39 minutes of 21 in TOP.
84 plays to 52

I believe if the penalties were called more even and not in AZ favor that we would have won. If thr refs called all the delay of game (4) and holding (too many to count) and that laundry fest that happened on every damn 3rd down to give you a lead we would have won. Plain and simple. The cards are good, but they had help tonight.

This is such a BS cop out. We committed too many stupid penalties. Offense and Defense. Seattle played terrible and got beat by a better team. End of story.

mrblitz

Reaction score
you can come back from 19-0 type of deficits against teams like texas or tampa bay. you can't spot this year's cardinals squad 19 points and expect to win.

even so, in this game after those two big defensive plays resulting in 14 points, it looked like we would win going away.

that one push by wagner on the 3rd down... that there was a killer.

the 0 could improve the overall situation, just by running a lot more. marshawn and rawls are a great 1-2 punch.

that one ticky-tack holding call on the nice run play. that was ridiculous, in our stadium. didn't even really look like a hold, but to call that in the against the home team was really bad.

they could have even let the wagner thing go, but to have made that shove in the first place was a mistake.

palmer was lights out. the seahawks d punished him, but he had a great game.

morgulon1

Reaction score
kearly":25f3p2oj said:
ringless":25f3p2oj said:
Exittium":25f3p2oj said:

39 minutes of 21 in TOP.
84 plays to 52

I honestly don't know who played better, the refs pretty much stole momentum away from Seattle at every opportunity. It was XL-esque.

I do think AZ was more clutch, and Palmer was nails, so I don't mind that AZ won.

Even if Seattle makes the playoffs I feel like it is set in stone that Seattle won't hoist a lombardi this season. Teams that win it all catch the breaks, and no team in the NFL has had a harder time in the clutch this year than the Seahawks.

Agreed. Seattle doesn't have the "it" factor that they've had the last couple of years. I have a pit in my stomach thinking about a million things but what sticks in my mind is that we don't have the horses to hang with teams like we did before. Our offense really only put up about 15 points. The defense was as effective as Russell and co.

Our line isn't good enough, tough enough, consistent enough. There is no continuity. Russell Wilson seems to not want to do what made him unique and dangerous. Which is do the read option and actually keep it 3-4 times times per game. But to his defense our OC doesn't seem to remember to call it either. Lynch seems about done. He gave us a few really great years but there's only so much he can do and he's getting older. And beat up .

Did anyone see Cary williams and get man handled on the play where their running back ran straight down the sideline for about a fifty yard touchdown? It made me sick. 6? 7 million? Is that what that worthless clown makes?

Arizona held the ball well over half the game and had roughly half the penalties ON THE ROAD . Our offense gets flagged for false starts at home now.

I don't even want to listen to r Wilsons robotic , bland, bullshit like " no time to sleep" or " in it to win it" or " one game at a time 1-0". Or " championship opportunity" or what ever the hell he says. They suck and the first thing he does is compliment the oline on how well the block or something cheesey like that. It has grown old. Maybe another commercial will help him .

On to r Sherman . That dude got worked like a cheap Chinese toy. They were not in any way afraid to lite him up and go straight at him. They humiliated him. If he cares, he's now paid. Business decision right?

I see this team going 8-8. And that's being optimistic.

Arizona came to play and deserved the victory tonight. They have as good of a shot as anyone . Carson Palmer being healthy is the key obviously.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I remember collingsworth saying something to the effect of Seattle not having any quick type routes to help Wilson with the shitty line and him having to scramble a lot and it's true. Every passing play the receivers are all 20+ yards down the field .

Stupid

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1l3nxphi said:
If memory serves, of all the All Time Great defenses, only two had horrible offenses that had bad time of possession stats all year, and I believe they are definitely the most underrated (and in fact, I rank them #1 and #2 respectfully): The '91 Eagles and the '02 Bucs. Both are horribly underrated, especially the 2002 Bucs (they had the 27th ranked rushing attack. It was bad). But the point is, with very, very few exceptions, a defense cannot be great without an offense that can hold the ball a littl bit.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The offense had no chance to move the ball in the 1st half because almost every drive they were hit with a 10 yard penalty on 1st down. We possessed the ball for 21 minutes the entire game and actually put up decent numbers for that amount of time with the ball.

The Defense did put us back in the game when we finally figured out the way to beat Palmer is by blitzing but over all it was a horrible performance. Arizona had 30 1st downs and were able to eat up way too much time on extended drives. Cary Williams did have a horrible game but Sherman had a pretty bad one too.

I think the offense was ok today except for a ridiculous interception thrown by Wilson way down field on a 2nd and 4 and another ridiculous fumble where he ran into his own lineman. A very frustrating day at the stadium.