This breakdown of Atlanta's season might get you psyched up

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Looks like this game is going to be a close one at worst for us. If we deny them the lucky breaks, (and sometimes you make your own luck), we have a real chance to put them away before there's a possibility of blowing the win.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The strange thing about the Falcons is they typically played better on the road this season than they did at home.. even though they dropped 2 games away from the GA Dome.

The one constant in all of these games is the opposition has put up yards, but they haven't capitalized on opportunities to put the Falcons away. If you thought the Seahawks play a "bend but don't break" defense sometimes, watch the Falcons.. that's their whole mindset.

We will HAVE to score touchdowns and not field goals in this one.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Or you can look at it and say they have a lot of good fortune on their side.

And 13 wins is not a fluke, any which way we want to explain it away.

This game has been overkilled analysis wise -- but we will need to score 27+ to win it, guaranteed.

sam1313

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3m4if1he said:
The strange thing about the Falcons is they typically played better on the road this season than they did at home.. even though they dropped 2 games away from the GA Dome.

The one constant in all of these games is the opposition has put up yards, but they haven't capitalized on opportunities to put the Falcons away. If you thought the Seahawks play a "bend but don't break" defense sometimes, watch the Falcons.. that's their whole mindset.

We will HAVE to score touchdowns and not field goals in this one.

Especially since we have a brand-new (and not as good) kicker on the squad. I hope we push a little harder to conver 4th downs in their territory and don't just try to punt the ball every time due to the new kicker.

Regardless, that breakdown did make me feel a lot better.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3vohgwlt said:
we will need to score 27+ to win it, guaranteed.

The worrywart in me agrees with you. I expect a high-scoring game. Then I step back and study the word 'guaranteed' and realize you are INCORRECT. This team isn't giving up 26 points this weekend. If you are so certain, I suggest you march on down to Vegas and go see Largent80's bookie. He will surely give you 16-1 odds on Falcons OVER their projected total points scored!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":30ko498s said:
FlyingGreg":30ko498s said:

The worrywart in me agrees with you. I expect a high-scoring game. Then I step back and study the word 'guaranteed' and realize you are INCORRECT. This team isn't giving up 26 points this weekend. If you are so certain, I suggest you march on down to Vegas and go see Largent80's bookie. He will surely give you 16-1 odds on Falcons OVER their projected total points scored!

:lol:

I don't gamble - I have kids to take care of.

Let me be a worrywart! And besides, notice I didn't say that we are not capable of 27+.

With questions in the pass rush department, Trufant in the slot in mismatches, a HOF tight end who will get his catches no matter what we do defensively...I just don't see this as a low scoring defensive battle. Nope.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Nice article. I think all teams have a couple of wins a year that they got "lucky" in but regardless it does make me feel better about this game. I think Seattle is the better all around team and should win.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bestfightstory":4x5mq4ka said:
FlyingGreg":4x5mq4ka said:

:lol:

JustCallMeJonesy

Reaction score
Haven't really had a bad home game since the Arizona game.

Getting 5 picks on an elite QB is hard to be viewed as a bad thing and the Denver game was hardly close. We crushed them, only to let Smith go conservative and let them back in. Had we gone full blast it probably would have ended 35-17 or so.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I've been watching Atlanta's season. It has not been nearly as impressive as I had thought. Definitely don't see them as a dominant team, but it doesn't mean that they don't worry me.

At this point in the season, every team out there is dangerous.

ATLFalFan

Reaction score
A W is a W. You can win by 1 or you can win by 30 and it's the same outcome. A Win. Wins get you to the playoffs and Wins get you in the SB and a Win in the Super Bowl is all you need to take home the hardware. You don't have to be dominant to win games. You have to make plays at the right time which we've done. There's no fluke in winning 13 games. This is the NFL. Any given Sunday. Schedules, opposing teams winning%, strength of schedule don't mean squat. We beat who was in front of us. There's no luck in it. You have to play 4 full quarters. One thing that you are missing is that we had to make plays when it counted to win some of those games at home and a few could have gone either way. Good teams find a way to win. We got it done. Also it has a lot to do with how you match up with the opposing team not their record. People on this board swear that your defense matches up well with our offense. I just don't see it. Browner got torched last year by Julio for a buck 20 and 1 TD on a bad wheel. Roddy and Tony had a great day. Marshawn Lynch had like 24 yards that day. We were dragging you guys in Seattle and we let you back in the game. Yes that was last year and it really doesn't have anything to do with this year because everyone has gotten better. This was with the previous OC who didn't know how to use the talent that he had. Now that we've opened up the offense we can move the ball down the field at will. Everyone talks about our non-existence running game. We chose to throw the ball more which we should. We have too many weapons. If they let Matt run no-huddle you guys aren't going to stop us. Oh. Please blitz. Do I think that we are going to win this game? Yes I do. At the end of the day none of us can guarantee anything because we aren't the ones that are strapping up and getting on the field. I'm looking forward to a good game between the two teams. I'm sure that it'll be entertaining. I can't wait for game time.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Just like any other game, turnovers will decide the game. Take care of the football and pound the rock with Lynch to control the clock and we win this game.

Latest posts