This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

Vesuve

Reaction score
LaSeeno":2y90bjuf said:
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.

Nobody in Seattle is taking the Packers likely. They have a good time.

As for being SB winners last year, does that make a team a little less hungry?

It's hard to generalize.

Packers are good. Seahawks are better and playing at home. I expect a Seattle win, but I look forward to seeing Rogers and the no huddle-O. I look forward to seeing Lacey as well.

Seattle will win decisively because they are at home, IMO.

kpak76

Reaction score
Vesuve":eorcdq6y said:
LaSeeno":eorcdq6y said:
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.

It's hard to generalize.

Packers are good. Seahawks are better and playing at home. I expect a Seattle win, but I look forward to seeing Rogers and the no huddle-O. I look forward to seeing Lacey as well.

To be fair, the most overly homer of us are taking the Packers lightly. Thats why some are predicting that its not going to be a close game. In reality, its a tough game and it should imo its going to be a one score game.

strat1080

Reaction score
kpak76":1yf9ukk5 said:
strat1080":1yf9ukk5 said:
The_Z_Man":1yf9ukk5 said:
I thought Packers fans would at least know football...

"Noise won't be an issue, Rodgers practice silent snap counts with loud music!"

Yea, so did Drew Brees and the Saints, twice in 6 weeks... they even painted their field to look like the Seahawks field.

Guess what was still a factor?

Dummies...

I don't understand why you feel that statement is indicative of somebody that doesn't know football. For crying outl oud, Aaron Rodgers has been playing games at the Metrodome every year for 6 years. There isn't a lick of difference between Century Link and the Metrodome. The Metrodome pounds out 125-130+ db sound levels on a regular basis. It drives me nuts how there is this myth that Century Link is by far the loudest stadium in the NFL. Arrowhead is every bit as loud. The Metrodome is up there as well. The record that Century Link holds is only half a decibel louder than the loudest ever recorded at Arrowhead. I've been to games at Century Link, Arrowhead and the Metrodome. There isn't a lick of difference. Louder than your average NFL venue but its not like Century Link is on a totally different venue.

I've seen Aaron Rodgers actually draw DL offsides in incredibly loud environments. He deals with loud venues extremely well. He has the highest QB Rating in NFL history by any player at a single venue at the Metrodome.

As a Packers fan, I think Seattle is the better team and will ultimately come out on top but this should be a good game. To act like Aaron Rodgers is just going to cower because of the noise is misguided. Rodgers presents a different challenge than pocket QBs like Brees and Manning. He can do incredible things that you just can't account for sometimes. He is a very good pocket passer but is probably more dangerous by what he does off-schedule on the scramble drill. I think its going to be a tight low scoring game. I think many folks are sleeping on how balanced this Packers team is now. Back in 2012 we didn't have a running game and teams could just pin Rodgers' ears back. He still played at a high level but Eddie Lacy simply adds another dimension to this team. He's a big guy with a high motor and explodes off that first step. He doesn't have amazing top end speed but he accelerates through the line of scrimmage quickly and rarely does one guy bring him down.

Keep thinking it wont give your team any problems. Last time you where up here that line of yours gave up 8 sacks and certainly some of those was because of the noise. Sure A Rod might be ok with it, but there is more to your team than A Rod.

When Green Bay started running the ball in the 2nd half that protection got straightened out. Green Bay went through a 3 year stretch with one of the worst rushing offenses in NFL history. This is a balanced offense now. Teams can't just pin Rodgers' ears back anymore. Seattle had all their speed rushers out there because they weren't afraid of Green Bay's ground game. This is a totally different team. Its not a finesse offense anymore. We have a power run game. I do think Green Bay's offense will struggle at times and its going to be a tough game for both teams. Green Bay won't look anything like they did in 2012 against Seattle though. They have much more balance on offense now. Teams got away with playing two deep looks week after week against Aaron Rodgers and opposing DCs were coming up with special exotic packages and looks against him because they had no running game.

My cause for concern is that our defense won't hold up and force Rodgers into a shootout that he just can't win against that monster Seattle defense. I do think this defense will be more assignment sure but still not convinced that it can be a Top 10 unit. I do think it will be a better run defense and I personally think we are going to have a pretty good pass rush this year. Clay Matthews is one of the most underrated defensive players in the NFL. He has consistently generated one of the highest percentage of team QB pressures and hits in the NFL. I think Peppers will take some of the load off of him and he could primed for a really nice season.

I have to laugh though because a big deal is being made of the Packer rookie center. What about Seattl's unproven RT that is going to have to match up with Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers? Two of the premiere pass rushers in the NFL. I would be much more afraid of starting an unproven Tackle than a Center. I do think Russell Wilson is going to be under some heat tomorrow night.

Sorry but I've never ran into such an irrational fan base. You have Packers fans here trying to have intelligent conversations and even saying that they think Seattle will probably win but you guys expect fans of opposing teams to just come in here and worship the Seahawks. I'm not going to do that. Any team in the NFL can be beaten. Arizona beat Seattle at Century Link last year. Its not like the Seahawks are an unbeatable team.

I'll say this. Enjoy this moment. Nobody stays at the top of the NFL for very long. Just a few years ago the media was talking about a possible dynasty after Green Bay won a Super Bowl with a very young team. Its just hard to piece together a Super Bowl caliber team for a long stretch of time.

strat1080

Reaction score
kpak76":o13luqo6 said:
Vesuve":o13luqo6 said:
LaSeeno":o13luqo6 said:

It's hard to generalize.

To be fair, the most overly homer of us are taking the Packers lightly. Thats why some are predicting that its not going to be a close game. In reality, its a tough game and it should imo its going to be a one score game.

I agree. This is going to be a close game. Seattle definitely has the better roster but Aaron Rodgers is widely regarded by many personnel guys as the best player in the NFL. He is simply capable of doing some stuff out there that you just can't account for.

The difference between him and a guy like Peyton Manning is that he is capable of playing off schedule and improvising. He is much more difficult to rattle. Seattle had a good game plan for Manning. They moved him off the spot and forced him to throw while stepping up or moving to his side. Don't thnk for one second that Aaron Rodgers is going to be throwing those ugly ducks that Manning threw when forced to throw on the run. That's the difference between playing more of pocket QB like Manning or Brees and a guy like Aaron Rodgers. You have to be more disciplined in your coverage and gaps because Rodgers can escape the pocket and put the ball on the money down the field with good accuracy and velocity. I mean. Come on. Even Sherman and Thomas called out Manning's lack of arm strength and wobbly passes. You aren't going to see that from Rodgers. You also aren't likely going to get Rodgers to throw a bad pass.

chris98251

Reaction score
The difference between a Rookie Center and a Rookie Tackle is about 7 yards. Rookie tackle gets beat Wilson has time to react, he did it last year with all the injuries we had. Rookie Center on the other hand misreads and it's one shot thru the line to Rodgers. That doesn't take into account bad shotgun snaps, forgetting snap counts, bad exchanges and other things a Tackle doesn't do except snap counts, which with it being in our house should not be as hard to hear as the Packers are going to have to deal with.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Strat, I will say it to you now, just so you are prepared. Do not underestimate Russell Wilson and our offense. Wilson can and will win many games for this team during the season and we are very well aware of the weakness of our current defense. Also, many of us here don't need a fan(you) telling us the realities of the NFL and how hard it is to repeat. Get over yourself, seriously.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
We know who Aaron Rodgers is. We even know what he can do. He is one of the best there is.

We also know that last time he was here he dropped back 50 times, got sacked a bunch, and threw precisely zero touchdowns. Your team even ran well for a half. Still had trouble building points. And that was early in the formation of our team as it looks now. A lot of those guys were still getting it right. Yes, you finally have a running game. Maybe that will be the difference, but I doubt it.

The confidence Seattle fans have in their defense at home is not misplaced. We have seen them not just beat, but beat bad, Manning, Brees, Kaepernick, Brady.

If you are on a Seattle board trying to find those who will say GB is going to look good in Seattle, past history suggests you are pretty damn wrong. Of course Seattle isn't unbeatable at home. But it's pretty damn close, and the average margin of victory is lopsided enough that the Networks don't want to do primetime games in Seattle anymore, save the opening game, where they had no choice.

chris98251

Reaction score
The most important thing Green Bay has to do is not get behind, once they start to press things will go badly.

morgulon1

Reaction score
LaSeeno":30twyn30 said:

I personally do worry about Rodgers and the Packers. They are an excellent team that deserves respect. I don't
know what the actual players on the Seahawks think. If I had to guess, I would think they are prepared to play the
season opener at home as world champions. You don't go 13-3 and win the Superbowl by dismissing your opponents.
Yes we lost to Oakland in the preseason. You don't think this is indicative of our defense do you? I too went over to a
couple of the Packer forums and didn't have to go far until I read my first " Seachicken" reference. O.k. But what
cracked me up was someone's post featuring my boy Brandon Browner punking Greg Jennings and how they are
going to get revenge. I wish B.B. were still here, I like whatever it was he brought. Maybe a little edgy,dirty but I liked it. :49ersmall:

ivo610

Reaction score
I get it, seahawks fans had their first taste of success as a team and they think they are untouchable. Everyone on here seems to think everyone else is so far below them. Seahawks should be favored, but to say blowout and show no concern to a team thats frequently predicted to win the SB this coming season just gives credibility to the remarks about seahawk fans being new to football the past couple of years.

The remarks about how Packer fans know nothing about Wilson is laughable, in fact most Packer fans were cheering for the guy before you knew his name. So dont lecture us about Wilson. Your team is respected and earned the rep of a feared defense, so I am looking forward to seeing the guy that I consider the best QB in the game take his best shot at it.

These teams are linked more than most actually, from our GMs, to all the way back to Steve Largent breaking Hutsons record, to Ahman Green, to Matt Hasselbeck, to Mike Holmgren.

chris98251

Reaction score
ivo610":awsafjyl said:
I get it, seahawks fans had their first taste of success as a team and they think they are untouchable. Everyone on here seems to think everyone else is so far below them. Seahawks should be favored, but to say blowout and show no concern to a team thats frequently predicted to win the SB this coming season just gives credibility to the remarks about seahawk fans being new to football the past couple of years.

The remarks about how Packer fans know nothing about Wilson is laughable, in fact most Packer fans were cheering for the guy before you knew his name. So dont lecture us about Wilson. Your team is respected and earned the rep of a feared defense, so I am looking forward to seeing the guy that I consider the best QB in the game take his best shot at it.

These teams are linked more than most actually, from our GMs, to all the way back to Steve Largent breaking Hutsons record, to Ahman Green, to Matt Hasselbeck, to Mike Holmgren.

No more confident than Packers fans would be if it was in Green Bay, just because the Packers have been around since Meat Packers were considered a Sexy profession does not give them a corner on the Market of Football knowledge. We have had a rabid fan base here since the 1920's for football. As far as success, 13 in 100 years or just shy of, and most of them spread across decades of being laughable for a long time.

Seahawks had one decade of being miserable, during the Behring years, but were the most successful expansion franchise ever, had made it to the playoffs faster than any team in history from expansion, won in playoff competition earlier than anyone.

So take the superiority complex back to the Icy Tundra of Lambeau Field, you have a storied franchise that the League loves. We just happen to have a certain level of pride in our own team and fan support. Your in our house deal with our world, you would not expect anything different if the game was in Green Bay.

Oh and as far as credibility, we have seen Dan Majkowski and hear everything about the Majick Man, we have seen David Whitehurst, The Father of the Mighty Clipboard Jesus, Lynn Dickey seemed like he was there forever from 1968 to 1992 you had 5 winning seasons, so your superiority complex of football knowledge seems to be about recent events as well.

ivo610

Reaction score
chris98251":1k0t3rpz said:
ivo610":1k0t3rpz said:

No more confident than Packers fans would be if it was in Green Bay, just because the Packers have been around since Meat Packers were considered a Sexy profession does not give them a corner on the Market of Football knowledge. We have had a rabid fan base here since the 1920's for football. As far as success, 13 in 100 years or just shy of, and most of them spread across decades of being laughable for a long time.

Seahawks had one decade of being miserable, during the Behring years, but were the most successful expansion franchise ever, had made it to the playoffs faster than any team in history from expansion, won in playoff competition earlier than anyone.

So take the superiority complex back to the Icy Tundra of Lambeau Field, you have a storied franchise that the League loves. We just happen to have a certain level of pride in our own team and fan support. Your in our house deal with our world, you would not expect anything different if the game was in Green Bay.

Oh and as far as credibility, we have seen Dan Majkowski and hear everything about the Majick Man, we have seen David Whitehurst, The Father of the Mighty Clipboard Jesus, Lynn Dickey seemed like he was there forever from 1968 to 1992 you had 5 winning seasons, so your superiority complex of football knowledge seems to be about recent events as well.

IF the game was in GB I strongly doubt GB fans would be predicting a blow out and show no respect to the seahawks. There is a difference between pride and ignorance...

I was actually trying to pay your team some compliments but clearly your insecurity got the best of you. I musted have missed Lynn Dickeys connection to the Seahawks...

I would have mentioned Krieg with the wisc connection but obviously he never had a Packers connection of significance so I didnt go back that far for ya

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ivo610":gq3bzy3k said:
chris98251":gq3bzy3k said:
ivo610":gq3bzy3k said:

IF the game was in GB I strongly doubt GB fans would be predicting a blow out and show no respect to the seahawks. There is a difference between pride and ignorance...

I was actually trying to pay your team some compliments but clearly your insecurity got the best of you. I musted have missed Lynn Dickeys connection to the Seahawks...

I would have mentioned Krieg with the wisc connection but obviously he never had a Packers connection of significance so I didnt go back that far for ya
Dude, you are just mad people predict a blowout. Take a look at the scores when good teams visit the C-link in primetime, Seattle has destroyed the likes of San Fran, New Orleans. Don't take it so personal, just gloat a bit more if you win.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Here they are folks! The presumptuous, arrogant Packer fans that think they have more football IQ than us lowly Seahawk fans. You know, I would lump you all in the same category as you have just done for our fanbase but I will refrain because I do have friends that are Packer fans who don't tread down the slope you are on. So, do us all a favor, go back to your fanboards and talk about this board behind our backs. We know our team and it's history and don't need any teachers here to inform us about your team or ours. If this was in the smack shack, I would gladly say to you what is really on my mind. Here is an acronym for ya. FO!!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Nothing farty this time. Go to the smack shack. I posted it there. (clue:O stands for OFF)

JustTheTip

Reaction score
ivo610":3fmdvgvf said:

That is incorrect. I have looked at the Packers forums and there are plenty of your fans predicting a blow out with the game here. And even more of them talking about the Seahawks in a way that is both ignorant and disrespectful. What's next from you, a Harbaugh "above reproach" speech.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hope all these superior knowledged Packer fans have the marbles to visit us at say oh,,,, 9:00pm PST..... should have a pretty good idea about both teams by then...

Been waiting for the rematch for two years... Rogers tears are delicious....

Vesuve

Reaction score
I usually don't follow the "line" but it's Seattle by 6 at the moment.