This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The guy who rides with me to work..Was all decked out in his Packer gear..I had my Hawks gear ..All day long he was taking crap from Bears ,Niners,Vikings and Steeler fans ..I heard not one thing bad towards the Hawks which before last year was unheard of...We got respect now..I'm pumped for the game...GO HAWKS!!!

Nog

Reaction score
One of the thing, which is shocking for me, is that Packers fans are evoking the ability of Rodgers to win this game. It sounds like you guys think he will be the only factor.

Most of teams underestimate something about the Seahawks (except the niners IMO). They don't see how complete this team can be. Seattle can outplay any team because they are complete (and not just because we have a good defense). Last year, the OL was banged up, we overcame this obstacle. Percy Harvin was injured for most of the years; we overcame this obstacle. Browner was suspended; we overcame this obstacle. Thurmond was suspended; we still overcame this obstacle.

In short, Seattle brings up too many arguments for a team which build up around one player. The same goes for Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

Exittium

Reaction score
my favorite gem from packer forum
Well, I got our anemic crappy score of 16 right. I just didn't think they'd get 36. Of course, 2 were the gift safety from Sherrod, and another 7 was a gift interception donation from Rodgers down deep in our own end.

Remember when Janis did well in camp and preseasons, but Rodgers had to call him out for running some stuff the wrong way? Not being on the same page as Rodgers was?

Well WTF is Rodgers excuse with Jordy then tonight?

Should have had a TD on that early drive where he rolled left from about the 6 yard line.

Then the simple slant in on the left side, led Jordy too far off his fingertips for the Int.

There was another one earlier I can't recall.
Oh yeah, that 3rd & 4 where Rodgers had broken the pocket and had almost run for 2 yards, and could have had the first down but rightly so, perhaps, didn't want to take a big hit. So he fired it at the last second to Jordy left sideline wide open, and fired it 6 yards over his head.

He played scared it looked like. Nightmares from the 8-sack first half game there 2 years ago perhaps.

Of course, after yet another OT injury to us, then the floodgates opened past Sherrod.

Brad Jones is atrocious and I thought his coverage ability was his one forte.

He should have had the gift interception but the TE outstrengthed him knocking it out.

Then he stopped a punt on a play Peppers and Matthews sandwich sacked Wilson in the first half with a lazy illegal contact.

And he extended another drive on a 3rd & long illegal contact late when the Packers had cut it to 13 and had a bit of offensive momentum. Had they forced that 3 & out there and gotten the good field position, the game might have tightened.

Sam Barrington should be starting vs the Jets.
This team needs more strength in the middle.

Also, expect Bulaga to be out for the year as happened to Sam Bradford. Some players, and teams, are just cursed. He is, and we are.

Is Chad Clifton still walking?
Or Mark Tauscher?
Breno Giaconimi?
Jamon Meredith?

And WTF with Lacy and the concussion? He was wearing the newest and best anti-concussion helmet.
I already hated Kam Chancellor before this game.

Oh well, better a concussion than a hit like took out Adrian Peterson's ACL.

I was surprised that Mike Pennel wasn't active for this game as Seattle obviously is a strong running team.

We won't have a harder game than this all season long.
And the rookie center passed his test.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'm telling you... it's a pattern.

We don't know what we are talking about.

We are arrogant if we don't say it will be a close game.

Team xxxx has improved, but the Hawks haven't.

The new defensive focus will ruin the Hawks.

"This time it will be different"

Well, they were right about that last one.

They flat out got embarrassed tonight. Now go read the typical.

They cheated
The refs hurt us and favored Seattle.
If that one play was different.

It's the same song, just a different singer. The Hawks can be beaten at home, but until it starts happening I just can't think of a reason to doubt them the least.

rideaducati

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":26pqydvc said:

They cheated

It's the same song, just a different singer. The Hawks can be beaten at home, but until it starts happening I just can't think of a reason to doubt them the least.

They're blasting Dom Capers and their own players on their sites. They KNOW that their team was beaten by a MUCH BETTER team.

Cartire

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1obm8db3 said:

They cheated

I agree, Hawks are favored in every game this season but away at SF. And I expect that line to change over the 1st qtr of the season. The Niners look ready to regress. And lets be honest, not bias. They have not shown improvement over the offseason. The Hubris is still high. But its all talk at this point, and both sides know it. Maybe they pull it off, and if John Harbough carries them through another winning season, Ill finally admit that hes a great coach. And its not the possibility that the team was gifted to him. But I just dont see it right now.

Hawks are the safe bet right now.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3rbtinok said:
Seahwkgal":3rbtinok said:
They gone. I used FO to them and they left. :)
They mad.
I have to be honest. I picked Seattle to win, but they were even better than I anticipated. Now, I get to look forward to bad D and injuries all over again. Good Luck rest of the year.

chris98251

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3jc83jl4 said:
loafoftatupu":3jc83jl4 said:
Seahwkgal":3jc83jl4 said:
They gone. I used FO to them and they left. :)
They mad.
I have to be honest. I picked Seattle to win, but they were even better than I anticipated. Now, I get to look forward to bad D and injuries all over again. Good Luck rest of the year.

Kudos and props for coming back, Seahawks game plan on defense was made to make Rodgers be patient and take away the deep game, also appears crossing patterns were completely gone from the game plan so no RAC. The defense also made sure that your running game never got really off the ground and then you got behind and that 4th down attempt and fail was the first nail in the coffin.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
LaSeeno":zcy4e53e said:
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.

Well, if this is any real indication of how good the Packers are, the rest of the league is in for a long, long season. Well, as far as anyone playing the Seahawks is concerned.

Anguish

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1nxwp1mh said:
LaSeeno":1nxwp1mh said:
Th Green Bay is more than capable of pulling out a win, Hawks fans should be a tad bit concerned. The Packer's should not be taken lightly; especially with this being the best Packer team in quite some time. Top to bottom this team is better than the most recent SB year.

Well, if this is any real indication of how good the Packers are, the rest of the league is in for a long, long season. Well, as far as anyone playing the Seahawks is concerned.

I think it has far more to do with Packers fans being myopic. There is nothing about that TEAM that is better than their XLV team. There may be individuals or individual positions that are better, but that TEAM is nowhere near as good.

That was the beatdown that I would have predicted considering the makeup of that team. Very similar to the Saints/Broncos of last year. Offensive juggernaut with a very suspect defense. Take away the ETIII brain fart and this thing was embarrassing.

Largent80

Reaction score
Peaches is Nostradamus for this week and OWNED them as much as the Hawks owned GB.

Kudos to Dyna Mo Hum. (my new name for Peaches)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That Packer team is no joke. It was just a bad matchup for them. The Packers struggle against SF also, who just happens to employ a similar philosophy to the Hawks. GB won't have to play another team like that for the rest of the season. Even with injuries I figure them to easily win the NFCN.

GB fans had expectations, and they knew what the Hawks were, they just didn't think it would happen to them. Just like everyone else, they can't visualize their team losing. Many of them mocked us for thinking that the Hawks would win by a large margin, referencing arrogance, when really the writing was on the wall.