This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New Orleans Saints

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2frjfrc0 said:
AsylumGuido":2frjfrc0 said:
Scottemojo":2frjfrc0 said:
Saints have a good team, no doubt, and their fans should feel good about their chances, especially with the suspension of WTIII.

However, having spent a few days watching them, I feel pretty good about Seattle's chances. I expect to see a lot of Maxwell on Graham, and Maxwell might be as close to an Aqib Talib type as there is in the league. Will we see Seattle shut down the Saints? I doubt it. But I also doubt the Saints can muster the 35 points I think they will need to win this game.

I have seen a number of Saints fans expressing confidence that their team can shut down Lynch like they did Gore. This ain't N'Awlins, and crowding the box with 9 to stop Lynch (actually, the Saints even had 10 near the line to stop Gore on occasion) will make for an excellent night for everyone but Lynch. Frankly, Ryan isn't stupid enough to even try that, so it is kind of a moot point. I am not too impressed with the all around game of the linebackers for the Saints, and Hawthorne looks even slower than when I thought his legs were shot in Seattle. I have also seen New Orleans fans categorize Wilson as one of those mobile guys like Kaepernick. They don't even know what they don't know. And while New Orleans fans should be confident Brees can take advantage of WTIII being out, Seattle fans should be drooling over the backup corner the Saints will be starting.

And Lynch. There is only one guy in the league I think runs like Lynch, Chris Ivory of the Jets. Any Saints fan worth a Po Boy should be shitting himself, as a Po Boy will often make one do, when he reflects on what Ivory did to their team.

So, while I am not in love with how Brees will exploit the underneath area, I like our pass rushers around the edges, with Avril being a huge mismatch for both New Orleans tackles, I think Maxwell has a pretty good chance to make plays vs Graham, and I love our offenses chances against that D. And if Harvin is returning kicks again, there could be some easy points there too.
I feel like 38-27, Hawks.

38 points? Are you serious?

Yep. Serious. I would take the over on the Vegas line for sure this game. I think that Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, and Lynch are just bad matchups for your team, and I think Miller can get some quality catches over your linebackers. I also know that Brees will take some chances against our secondary. Brees will get his, and the secondary will get a couple of theirs. I know, missing Browner and Thurmond kind of has you thinking Brees might do pretty good. Well, me too. But I can't help remembering that last year Seattle played the final 4 games without both players, and the secondary was actually even better. Press man is what we do, it's pretty simple for DB's to execute, and it usually takes an extra tick to beat press man. The get off Avril, Clemons, Bennett, and Irvin will have at home will lead to big plays for Seattle.

When I look at your D vs our O, I see 3 matchups that concern me. I like Vaccaro, and I think your interior D-line can make a play or two over our guards. I don't love Kearse vs your corners either. But if you want to know why I think mid 30's or more is the mendoza line for your team to win, just look at every single play Harvin was on the field vs the Vikings. Harvin had one great grab, and that was it. But the field opened up. 6 of his plays resulted in 200 yards of field position, and it was his presence that pit the final nail in the Vikings chances before halftime of what had been a close contest.

So, that's why I think 38 is perfectly reasonable despite the fact that you are convinced your D is very good. Why don't you give me your thoughts on what it will take for the Saints.

You are giving Harvin FAR too much credit toward your team's upcoming performance against the Saints. Yes, Harvin did have one solid return and one average catch versus the Vikings, but to claim that his presence against one of the worst defenses in the league was in any way significant in the final outcome is ludicrous.

As for Miller, do not forget that the Saints defense faces the best TE in the league (Graham) every day in practice and the greatest TE in history (Gonzo) twice every year. I feel pretty confident that they can keep from being hurt too badly by Zach Miller and his astounding 22 catches for 248 yards and 3 measly TD's. Wooo, really scary.

Honesty, your offense is decent, but nothing special. Your defense is very good, but missing parts in its strongest component. Your one true advantage is your crowd and the somewhat cold weather.

I really can't see the Seahawks offense putting up over 23 points in a game that will be played tough unless they get way behind and are forced to open it up just to keep within reach. And I truly doubt that will be the case. I'm thinking somewhere around 27-23 Saints.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I find it amusing that Saints fans think they have this high scoring offense and Seattle's offense is just...meh. I bet they don't know that the Seahawks have scored more than the Saints have.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":50yocsar said:
Scottemojo":50yocsar said:
AsylumGuido":50yocsar said:
Scottemojo":50yocsar said:
Saints have a good team, no doubt, and their fans should feel good about their chances, especially with the suspension of WTIII.

However, having spent a few days watching them, I feel pretty good about Seattle's chances. I expect to see a lot of Maxwell on Graham, and Maxwell might be as close to an Aqib Talib type as there is in the league. Will we see Seattle shut down the Saints? I doubt it. But I also doubt the Saints can muster the 35 points I think they will need to win this game.

I have seen a number of Saints fans expressing confidence that their team can shut down Lynch like they did Gore. This ain't N'Awlins, and crowding the box with 9 to stop Lynch (actually, the Saints even had 10 near the line to stop Gore on occasion) will make for an excellent night for everyone but Lynch. Frankly, Ryan isn't stupid enough to even try that, so it is kind of a moot point. I am not too impressed with the all around game of the linebackers for the Saints, and Hawthorne looks even slower than when I thought his legs were shot in Seattle. I have also seen New Orleans fans categorize Wilson as one of those mobile guys like Kaepernick. They don't even know what they don't know. And while New Orleans fans should be confident Brees can take advantage of WTIII being out, Seattle fans should be drooling over the backup corner the Saints will be starting.

And Lynch. There is only one guy in the league I think runs like Lynch, Chris Ivory of the Jets. Any Saints fan worth a Po Boy should be shitting himself, as a Po Boy will often make one do, when he reflects on what Ivory did to their team.

So, while I am not in love with how Brees will exploit the underneath area, I like our pass rushers around the edges, with Avril being a huge mismatch for both New Orleans tackles, I think Maxwell has a pretty good chance to make plays vs Graham, and I love our offenses chances against that D. And if Harvin is returning kicks again, there could be some easy points there too.
I feel like 38-27, Hawks.

38 points? Are you serious?

Yep. Serious. I would take the over on the Vegas line for sure this game. I think that Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, and Lynch are just bad matchups for your team, and I think Miller can get some quality catches over your linebackers. I also know that Brees will take some chances against our secondary. Brees will get his, and the secondary will get a couple of theirs. I know, missing Browner and Thurmond kind of has you thinking Brees might do pretty good. Well, me too. But I can't help remembering that last year Seattle played the final 4 games without both players, and the secondary was actually even better. Press man is what we do, it's pretty simple for DB's to execute, and it usually takes an extra tick to beat press man. The get off Avril, Clemons, Bennett, and Irvin will have at home will lead to big plays for Seattle.

When I look at your D vs our O, I see 3 matchups that concern me. I like Vaccaro, and I think your interior D-line can make a play or two over our guards. I don't love Kearse vs your corners either. But if you want to know why I think mid 30's or more is the mendoza line for your team to win, just look at every single play Harvin was on the field vs the Vikings. Harvin had one great grab, and that was it. But the field opened up. 6 of his plays resulted in 200 yards of field position, and it was his presence that pit the final nail in the Vikings chances before halftime of what had been a close contest.

So, that's why I think 38 is perfectly reasonable despite the fact that you are convinced your D is very good. Why don't you give me your thoughts on what it will take for the Saints.

You are giving Harvin FAR too much credit toward your team's upcoming performance against the Saints. Yes, Harvin did have one solid return and one average catch versus the Vikings, but to claim that his presence against one of the worst defenses in the league was in any way significant in the final outcome is ludicrous.

As for Miller, do not forget that the Saints defense faces the best TE in the league (Graham) every day in practice and the greatest TE in history (Gonzo) twice every year. I feel pretty confident that they can keep from being hurt too badly by Zach Miller and his astounding 22 catches for 248 yards and 3 measly TD's. Wooo, really scary.

Honesty, your offense is decent, but nothing special. Your defense is very good, but missing parts in its strongest component. Your one true advantage is your crowd and the somewhat cold weather.

I really can't see the Seahawks offense putting up over 23 points in a game that will be played tough unless they get way behind and are forced to open it up just to keep within reach. And I truly doubt that will be the case. I'm thinking somewhere around 27-23 Saints.

Read this article http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-...-percy-harvin-russell-wilson-pete-carroll-nfl then come back and edit your comments about the idea that "Harvin's presence effecting the outcome of the Viking game" is ludacris.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Saw this today...
He must be the only guy on the planet that has never seen Russell play!

"All of that said, their issues on offense begin and end with Russel Wilson. I'm just not impressed. I don't get all the hype. Perhaps it is because the guy doesn't make a lot of mistakes and is on a winning team. So, he's a slightly more athletic Trent Dilfer... only with less ability to "make all of the throws."

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Wartooth":2szji4zu said:
Saw this today...

"All of that said, their issues on offense begin and end with Russel Wilson. I'm just not impressed. I don't get all the hype. Perhaps it is because the guy doesn't make a lot of mistakes and is on a winning team. So, he's a slightly more athletic Trent Dilfer... only with less ability to "make all of the throws."

This makes me hope they get a small lead, giving them a slight hope of chance they will win, then Russell comes back like Stallone in "Over the Top".

Edit: gif paste isn't working.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,063

SuperVillain

Reaction score
As a Saints fan I respect Percy Harvin but I don't fear his presence on the field. Saints fans have seen Percy Harvin on the field with Adrian Peterson in that 09 NFC championship game. We are well aware of what he can do and can't do. I think another things is that seahawk fans keep thinking the Saints are that Super Bowl hungover team from 2010 that came in and lost to the the 7-9 Hawks. The perception around here is "hey look what we did to them in the playoffs in 2010"...there is no way they can take us now with wilson at QB...Thats why you see so many lopsided seahawk game predictions here.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SuperVillain":1h9xutig said:
As a Saints fan I respect Percy Harvin but I don't fear his presence on the field. Saints fans have seen Percy Harvin on the field with Adrian Peterson in that 09 NFC championship game. We are well aware of what he can do and can't do. I think another things is that seahawk fans keep thinking the Saints are that Super Bowl hungover team from 2010 that came in and lost to the the 7-9 Hawks. The perception around here is "hey look what we did to them in the playoffs in 2010"...there is no way they can take us now with wilson at QB...Thats why you see so many lopsided seahawk game predictions here.
Disagree. The lopsided predictions are based on our home scoring average vs your road scoring average. This year. With a little boost for the addition of Harvin and Breno and Okung. I haven't seen a lot of mentions of beastquake except from saints fans.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Saints fans want an example why the 30 line is the break point for a win, just look at what Seattle did to Arizona on the Thursday night game. That Arizona defense is #2 in defensive DVOA and Seattle put 34 on them. The Saints defense is a good 13 points lower in the DVOA ranking, and Seattle didn't have Harvin for that game. That should be in the back of your minds.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have decided to change my Outlook on this game. Saints fans have convinced me, other than the crowd noise, the Hawks have absolutely no advantage in any aspect of the game.

They are completely different team, with their new found defensive talents in all areas of the field, their ability to run the ball (proven by stats) and The road performance of Drew Brees, they can't be stopped and the Hawks won't be able to get anything going, especially if the Saints shut down Marshawn Lynch, which they are sure to do.

I'm just going to work on Xmas lights on Monday. There is no point in going to that game. Besides, the Pats and Jets? Just lucky.

:)

/sarcasm

CoastStarlight

Reaction score
If we've got such a bad rep around the league for being rude fans, maybe we should hire Incognito to do some fan PSA's.

Honestly though, I've always thought Seahawks fans are among the most literate, respectful, and fair-minded fans. I attribute it to our high literacy rates, the NW's overall atmosphere of tolerance, and the Sisyphean task of supporting teams that almost get to the top, only to roll right back down into mediocrity (or in the case of the Mariners, a great bog of Eternal Suck). But I'm living in Philly now, so my bar for respectful sports fans is pretty low.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
CoastStarlight":3ejw9231 said:
If we've got such a bad rep around the league for being rude fans, maybe we should hire Incognito to do some fan PSA's.

Honestly though, I've always thought Seahawks fans are among the most literate, respectful, and fair-minded fans. I attribute it to our high literacy rates, the NW's overall atmosphere of tolerance, and the Sisyphean task of supporting teams that almost get to the top, only to roll right back down into mediocrity (or in the case of the Mariners, a great bog of Eternal Suck). But I'm living in Philly now, so my bar for respectful sports fans is pretty low.

The truth is that every single team in the league is infected with its own "twenty-something", drunk off their ass, testosterone-laden male "fans" that are there more for the bravado and showing off to their buddies than they are for the game. They're the guys you wanna punch in the mouth, but you're smart enough to realize that if you do that, you'll get your ass kicked, so nobody does anything about it. Naturally, I was a drunken twenty-something at one time, but I wasn't a dick. I love it when those dicks are kicked out of the stadium.

Boutte

Reaction score
Hi Hawks fans. Saint fan here, just stopping in to see what the opposition is saying about the game.

I'm a member of SaintsReport.com and BlackandGold. SR is by far the biggest Saint forum with over 12,000 members. It can get a little antagonistic even among loyal Saints fans but there are a lot of smart, knowledgeable fans. There are of course a lot of jerks too. Blackand Gold is smaller and generally tends to be friendlier. Sorry to hear that one of you had a bad experience there. It's a sad fact that no matter where you go there are always going to be a certain number of people who just don't know how to act.

I see a lot of comments about how delusional we are. To that I say look in the mirror, if the you change the colors and the names this forum is just like ours. They don't call us fans for nothing. Especially since we have so much in common.

Here's to a good, injury free game Monday.
WHODAT!

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":xr06tbkr said:
If Saints fans want an example why the 30 line is the break point for a win, just look at what Seattle did to Arizona on the Thursday night game. That Arizona defense is #2 in defensive DVOA and Seattle put 34 on them. The Saints defense is a good 13 points lower in the DVOA ranking, and Seattle didn't have Harvin for that game. That should be in the back of your minds.

Again with the DVOA. I'm happy for you that you found a ranking that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Boutte":2rrufhnx said:
Hi Hawks fans. Saint fan here, just stopping in to see what the opposition is saying about the game.

I'm a member of SaintsReport.com and BlackandGold. SR is by far the biggest Saint forum with over 12,000 members. It can get a little antagonistic even among loyal Saints fans but there are a lot of smart, knowledgeable fans. There are of course a lot of jerks too. Blackand Gold is smaller and generally tends to be friendlier. Sorry to hear that one of you had a bad experience there. It's a sad fact that no matter where you go there are always going to be a certain number of people who just don't know how to act.

I see a lot of comments about how delusional we are. To that I say look in the mirror, if the you change the colors and the names this forum is just like ours. They don't call us fans for nothing. Especially since we have so much in common.

Here's to a good, injury free game Monday.
WHODAT!

Yes, Boutte, this forum has always been much like our B&G. Good people here. You are correct about that mirror, though.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2pzf7wwr said:
Sarlacc83":2pzf7wwr said:

Again with the DVOA. I'm happy for you that you found a ranking that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

10-1 makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Not losing to the Jets, even more so. :th2thumbs:

Dalga

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2eue4073 said:
If anyone has a chance of beating Seattle in Seattle it is NOLA. A guy like Jimmy Graham is bound to have a positive effect for them.

It really just comes down to location, if this game were in their dome, I would be expecting a well fought loss and hoping for a win. In this place the Hawks are just so tough to beat. Especially if the team coming in is a contender. The Hawks just get so tough for those.

I tend to agree with everything you said here. I think most Saints fans would agree as well but like many our first reaction is "We will win by double digits- WHO DAT!!" but we see you Seattle. Yall have ALOT to be proud of and have quickly went from a Team on the cusp to the team everyone's chasing. I genuinely like your QB and your coach has that team doing some amazing things. I do still want revenge on Lynch for going BEASTMODE and plan on having that served on Monday >) WHO DAT!!!

To be fair we Saints fans believe we have the BEST fans in the NFL and the LOUDEST Stadium, as do you all up here. It is something both of us are proud of and should be. HomeFieldAdvantage means something to every team in the NFL but no one and i mean no one wants to come to the Dome or up to the Link. It is just a whole nuther level when coming to these venues. Yall are unbeatable at home, we boast the same. We are playing in your home so big advantage Seattle but we have our Monday Night record we like to hang our hat on....big motivation Saints. It is going to be a showdown and anything could happen. WHO DAT!!!!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Wartooth":uesr4il0 said:
Saw this today...

Beautiful.

Amongst many other of Wilson's improvised plays, those "Benny Hill" scrambles versus the Patriots and 49ers had me thinking "Trent Dilfer-esque, if not slightly more athletic."