This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New Orleans Saints

Mick063

Reaction score
Delusional Saints fans.

The links provided in the OP will provide plenty of meltdown entertainment.

Normally, the Forty Niner board can't be beat for entertainment value, but they have already accepted 2nd place in the division. Now they are just hoping to "get hot at the right time".

I expect to read similar musings from "Black and Gold" on Tuesday.

StoneCold

Reaction score
So much blah, blah, blah. This position vs that dude. That team we wiped up against. We be, you be missing players. Enough already. We've scored more and allowed fewer points. Boom!

Seahawks 37 - Saints 3

Double boom!

Seems like Monday will never get here.
SC

tubbs51

Reaction score
Doesnt Seattle have the best winning percentage of all teams in prime time games. I saw some thing a few years back when we destroyed the Eagles.

The last couple years though it just seems like every player on the Hawks plays 10 times better in prime time and with the game at home... yikes.

Now i dont like to jinx any thing so i'm not going to be an optimist. and im not going to predict any score.

chet380

Reaction score
Some words of caution -

1. HOF (prob) QB

2. HOF (prob) TE

3. Sproles

4. A superb WR corps

5. A depleted PD

Better tighten up those chinstraps and be prepared guys - that being said ...GO HAWKS!!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
chet380":361ifg37 said:
Some words of caution -

1. HOF (prob) QB

2. HOF (prob) TE

3. Sproles

4. A superb WR corps

5. A depleted PD

Better tighten up those chinstraps and be prepared guys - that being said ...GO HAWKS!!!

Words of caution? Caution to what? That Corner position isn't being filled by a scrub. It isn't going to matter much. For every weapon you listed, there is one in blue that is every bit as dangerous.

Oooohhh... the scary Saints. Look, if the Saints were hosting the game, that's one thing, but if anyone should be tightening up their chin straps, it is the Saints. But what am I saying? You are a Hawks fan, you know this.

VOR504

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":30iopsu1 said:
chet380":30iopsu1 said:
Some words of caution -

Words of caution? Caution to what? That Corner position isn't being filled by a scrub. It isn't going to matter much. For every weapon you listed, there is one in blue that is every bit as dangerous.

Oooohhh... the scary Saints. Look, if the Saints were hosting the game, that's one thing, but if anyone should be tightening up their chin straps, it is the Saints. But what am I saying? You are a Hawks fan, you know this.

:lol:

Okay, a couple of observations. I assure you that no Saints fans I know are taking this game lightly, and, in fact, most think it will be very tough for the Saints to win in Seattle. I never read or post on Black and Gold, so I can't comment on that site. But message boards gonna message board. Amirite?

As far as these two teams are concerned and putting aside where they're playing for a moment, this game has the makings of a knock down, drag out heavyweight match, imo. They are clearly the best two teams in the NFC (I refuse to give total props to Carolina until I'm forced to . . . which I hope is never).

Now . . . playing in Seattle . . . the Saints have the weather and crowd to deal with. Here's an interesting and probably unexpected statistic. Since 2006, the Saints have the second best road record in the NFL (36-24). I also am fairly certain they have the most road wins since 2009. The crowd will be a factor, no doubt. If anyone can prepare for it, though, I suppose it would be Sean Payton and Drew Brees. As far as the weather is concerned, I'm more concerned about wind and not so much about precipitation. Cold? Saints haven't played that well, honestly. I believe they're 2 and 6 in the Payton/Brees era when the temp is below 40 degrees at kickoff. That's troubling but, honestly, that sample size isn't particularly significant.

I expect a MNF classic. If either fan base predicting a blowout victory, they're not being realistic.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
VOR504":33jla3p5 said:
loafoftatupu":33jla3p5 said:
chet380":33jla3p5 said:
Some words of caution -

:lol:

Okay, a couple of observations. I assure you that no Saints fans I know are taking this game lightly, and, in fact, most think it will be very tough for the Saints to win in Seattle. I never read or post on Black and Gold, so I can't comment on that site. But message boards gonna message board. Amirite?

As far as these two teams are concerned and putting aside where they're playing for a moment, this game has the makings of a knock down, drag out heavyweight match, imo. They are clearly the best two teams in the NFC (I refuse to give total props to Carolina until I'm forced to . . . which I hope is never).

Now . . . playing in Seattle . . . the Saints have the weather and crowd to deal with. Here's an interesting and probably unexpected statistic. Since 2006, the Saints have the second best road record in the NFL (36-24). I also am fairly certain they have the most road wins since 2009. The crowd will be a factor, no doubt. If anyone can prepare for it, though, I suppose it would be Sean Payton and Drew Brees. As far as the weather is concerned, I'm more concerned about wind and not so much about precipitation. Cold? Saints haven't played that well, honestly. I believe they're 2 and 6 in the Payton/Brees era when the temp is below 40 degrees at kickoff. That's troubling but, honestly, that sample size isn't particularly significant.

I expect a MNF classic. If either fan base predicting a blowout victory, they're not being realistic.

I expect it to look like a classic for a little while.

OrFan

Reaction score
The Panthers are just about ready to become the number 2 seed and the Saints a wildcard. As soon as we beat the Saints tomorrow night they will be tied. The way Carolina is playing, I see them beating the Saints for the division lead the next week. Pretty much what most of us have been saying for quite some time now.

hawker84

Reaction score
you know for some reason i thought the saints had a decent fan base, but all i read over at the black and gold is how dominent their D is and how they're going to come in here and roll us, talk about our cheating coach, trashing our 12th man legacy and now there's this little gem.

http://blackandgold.com/saints/62403-ru ... ights.html

they have no idea what they're about to walk into tomorrow night. puff you chest's while you can.

Russel Wilson's a game manager? Gee's these idiots have no football knowledge what so ever. End Rant

VOR504

Reaction score
hawker84":2cy4g8f8 said:
you know for some reason i thought the saints had a decent fan base, but all i read over at the black and gold

I don't know a single person that posts on Black and Gold. I'm not sure I've ever checked it out. I'm pretty sure it sucks, though. I'm not sure why you're citing that board.

OrFan

Reaction score
VOR504":ulmh87o0 said:
hawker84":ulmh87o0 said:
you know for some reason i thought the saints had a decent fan base, but all i read over at the black and gold

I don't know a single person that posts on Black and Gold. I'm not sure I've ever checked it out. I'm pretty sure it sucks, though. I'm not sure why you're citing that board.

I have found that board to be the only one the fans of the Saints have to make any sense at all. The others are a mess as bad as the SF boards.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Calling OUR coach a cheater? After Bountygate? What a rich load of shit. I hope we demolish them.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Vpk0718":22pluw9n said:
Calling OUR coach a cheater? After Bountygate? What a rich load of shit. I hope we demolish them.

Didn't you know? Our team loves to video tape opposing teams, set out bounties, have coaches try to trip opposing players on the field....those were all us right?

hawker84

Reaction score
VOR504":1ow3dndo said:
hawker84":1ow3dndo said:

Ok I digress. The Saints report is much more level headed than the black and gold, which IMO is the equivelent to the Webzone for the niners. I'm not asking for respect from Saints fans, but at least acknowledge we too are fielding a champion quality team up here and have a very good chance of winning this ball game just like the Saints do.

I like our chances for a number of reasons, but i can also see the Saints getting the win as well. going to be a tough game and a 4 quarter affair.. Go Hawks!!!

Ninerg

Reaction score
hawker84":3bx44e43 said:
VOR504":3bx44e43 said:
hawker84":3bx44e43 said:

Ok I digress. The Saints report is much more level headed than the black and gold, which IMO is the equivelent to the Webzone for the niners. I'm not asking for respect from Saints fans, but at least acknowledge we too are fielding a champion quality team up here and have a very good chance of winning this ball game just like the Saints do.

I like our chances for a number of reasons, but i can also see the Saints getting the win as well. going to be a tough game and a 4 quarter affair.. Go Hawks!!!

I don't expect the Aints to beat you guys in Seattle, Aints are soft as Cottonnelle tissue outside of the Superdome, however I do hope that they beat you some to soften you for my Niners.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/weath ... pzdJ8RDvOE

I thought this was cute, aren't they adorable?!

While most of the weather talk has been about how it may affect the players, I'm hoping it may have a greater affect on the fans who were apparently geared up to set a new decibel record tonight. If the weather is a factor, maybe those fans don't want to be outside any more than we would!

:lol: Southern dome fans.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/steve ... pziWMRDvOE

As much as I respect Gleason I still cannot like Pearl Jam. They were an overrated band 25 years ago when I first heard them, and they are still a joke today.

Oh it's on now!! sob :thfight7:

VOR504

Reaction score
Just for the record, the Saints have one of the best road records in the NFL since 2006. However, cold weather seems to have given them problems (small sample size, however).

I would be very surprised if this isn't a terrific game. The Saints running game has improved the last few games. And as has been pointed out, they use some well disguised screens and swing passes with Sproles and Thomas.

Anyone on either side predicting a blowout should run for mayor of Toronto.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I guess most of the people on here are qualified to be the mayor of Toronto.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2nc3qwty said:
I guess most of the people on here are qualified to be the mayor of Toronto.

1575.gif

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":dlawiatb said:
Sarlacc83":dlawiatb said:
If Saints fans want an example why the 30 line is the break point for a win, just look at what Seattle did to Arizona on the Thursday night game. That Arizona defense is #2 in defensive DVOA and Seattle put 34 on them. The Saints defense is a good 13 points lower in the DVOA ranking, and Seattle didn't have Harvin for that game. That should be in the back of your minds.

Again with the DVOA. I'm happy for you that you found a ranking that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

I warned you. And so did Scotte.

For some reason, teams seem to think that taunting Wilson by throwing 9 in the box is a good idea. Lynch is the choice you want; he might kill 7 of your guys, but you can stop him. With Wilson, when you unlock Predator mode, he rips out your heart. And he'd feed it to you, if he didn't already have a bloody esophagus in his other hand.