This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New York Giants

907Hawk

Reaction score
Mindsink":xe8mze9d said:
BlueClue":xe8mze9d said:
Give us a bit of credit.....last year we were #2 in points allowed
This is not a sudden phenomena

Um no. Actually, Seattle was #2. Giants were #4. And your two all pro DBs led a pass defense ranked #24.

For the sake of accuracy, here are the top 4 teams in points per game last year, the Giants D is legit.

1 New England Patriots 15.6 PPG
2 New York Giants 17.8 PPG
3 Seattle Seahawks 18.2 PPG
4 Denver Broncos 18.6 PPG

NINEster

Reaction score
Both teams defenses will have great success.

Seattle's a bit more than the Giants.

Seahawks I see winning a 16-13 type ball game, potentially down to a 9-6 if the defenses are really on fire.

I predict 2 interceptions for Wilson and 4 for Manning.

Josea16

Reaction score
:49ersmall:
NINEster":2wxwfqmo said:

Seahawks I see winning a 16-13 type ball game, potentially down to a 9-6 if the defenses are really on fire.

Both predictions are a bit high. Remember 49er fan our active running backs are actually healthy for the first time this year. Question for you...why are you posting so much here? It's actually cool that you do given it shows our site is really good. But I'm just curious.

Josea16

Reaction score
907Hawk":1dmvw120 said:
Mindsink":1dmvw120 said:
BlueClue":1dmvw120 said:
Give us a bit of credit.....last year we were #2 in points allowed
This is not a sudden phenomena

Um no. Actually, Seattle was #2. Giants were #4. And your two all pro DBs led a pass defense ranked #24.

For the sake of accuracy, here are the top 4 teams in points per game last year, the Giants D is legit.

1 New England Patriots 15.6 PPG
2 New York Giants 17.8 PPG
3 Seattle Seahawks 18.2 PPG
4 Denver Broncos 18.6 PPG
Last year? Give me THIS year please. I'm lazy and pretty much know the answer given I can easily do long division but entertain me before I spank that ass. Also I know the Giants will never score above 20 in ANY circumstance and more realistically be around 10-14ish. Turnovers my ass this will be a ugly scrum. But the Seahawks are way better then Denver accept it and deal honey.

NINEster

Reaction score
Josea16":1ihmukp8 said:
:49ersmall:
NINEster":1ihmukp8 said:

Both predictions are a bit high. Remember 49er fan our active running backs are actually healthy for the first time this year. Question for you...why are you posting so much here? It's actually cool that you do given it shows our site is really good. But I'm just curious.

I've been around off and on for a few years now.

Good discussion on here and different perspective.

I'm around on the Giants' bigblueinteractive as well.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. :irishdrinkers: :mrgreen: :twisted: 8)

BlueClue

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":30kkw13g said:
BlueClue":30kkw13g said:
Ad Hawk":30kkw13g said:
BlueClue":30kkw13g said:
Hey i was just looking at your season Stats at NFL.com

You guys are 16th at just about every stat imaginable

Talk about middle of the road- You own it

But who are we to talk we are probably 28th at everything

One of the more important stats - Points per game allowed, puts the Hawks at 6th. That includes already playing the Rogers-led Packers, the Titans with Mariotta healthy, and the Rams' top-flight offense (to that point in the season).

Also of note, Hawks passing D is 9th. This isn't the "no fly zone" either. Eli will complete passes underneath, as we allow. But will struggle to get anything long or in the RZ. This, combined with the Giants average offense suggests a low scoring game, since the Hawks O has yet to realize they're actually playing NFL level ball.

Well that should not be a problem.....Eli no longer throws it long

I'll leave at this..........see you guys Sunday night

sorry I mussed up your board

You have enough problems without listening to me
The

Oh cripes, passive aggressive much? No one said you "mussed up our board" at least not in this thread. Tuck your tail and run if you want but don't expect any of us to buy into your self indulged overconfidence. The Giants are 1-5 right now and you sure have a lot of hubris considering that fact of having just one good win. It is laughable that you believe that every game (yes you let off that vibe) hence forward is going to go that way for you.

I don't want to become an annoyance

You guys have been great

The GMB is totally intolerant

I should not be blowing any horns at 1-5 but my team finally unleashed itself from MacAdoos Marina and the ship is floating well now

Darkwa has finally been unleashed on the NFL and MacAdoo and his predictable stupid playbook banished to the owners dog house. I'm pumped

Funny that you guys and Denver both talk D and feel offensively challenged.....I guess we are similar but we can rise up with
The recast O line, Eli, Darkwa, Engram, and Shepard

On paper we are as good or likely better than either of our recent SB winning squads. it's a shame we got off to such a bad start. But still have a 2 loss margin for error and we can make history as the 1st 0-5 team to make the playoffs

But our sights are higher. 1st one game at a time though. Right now we have to squeeze past the Seahawks who have traditionally given us fits. We have issues with mobile QBs

NINEster

Reaction score
As good or better than the 2011 squad?

Damn, they took down a hot 15-1 Packers at Lambeau and then survived an onslaught of front 7 violence at Candlestick Park.

Eli Manning had to extract every last bit of toughness, skill and luck to to win the game. Anything less than 100% in those 3 areas and the 49ers win for sure. It was the caliber of performance that if he exhibited it more often, people would be calling him better than his brother, and Brady/Montana level. I certainly wish the "aw shucks" Eli of years prior and since would have shown up just once ( I guess it did, but SF dropped the INTs).

That Eli hasn't been around ever since. Still good but not great.

Those Giants relied on a very dangerous #1 (Hakeem Nicks), an explosive slot (Victor Cruz), and a matchup challenge #3 (Mario Manningham). Merely taking Manningham away the next year from the Giants hurt them more than it helped the 49ers. You could say that was the 49ers best free agent acquisition that offseason.

Beckham is better than all 3 of those guys but his #2 and #3 support ain't the same. TE maybe this year is as good as what they had before but not since Ballard left the team (or Martellus Bennett the year after).

While the Giants are potentially dangerous they are still a ways away from scaring anyone. They're gonna need to be carried by a very strong defense at this rate.

So yeah, not quite the same team.

BlueClue

Reaction score
NINEster":1pkygcdt said:
As good or better than the 2011 squad?

Damn, they took down a hot 15-1 Packers at Lambeau and then survived an onslaught of front 7 violence at Candlestick Park.

Eli Manning had to extract every last bit of toughness, skill and luck to to win the game. Anything less than 100% in those 3 areas and the 49ers win for sure. It was the caliber of performance that if he exhibited it more often, people would be calling him better than his brother, and Brady/Montana level. I certainly wish the "aw shucks" Eli of years prior and since would have shown up just once ( I guess it did, but SF dropped the INTs).

That Eli hasn't been around ever since. Still good but not great.

Those Giants relied on a very dangerous #1 (Hakeem Nicks), an explosive slot (Victor Cruz), and a matchup challenge #3 (Mario Manningham). Merely taking Manningham away the next year from the Giants hurt them more than it helped the 49ers. You could say that was the 49ers best free agent acquisition that offseason.

Beckham is better than all 3 of those guys but his #2 and #3 support ain't the same. TE maybe this year is as good as what they had before but not since Ballard left the team (or Martellus Bennett the year after).

While the Giants are potentially dangerous they are still a ways away from scaring anyone. They're gonna need to be carried by a very strong defense at this rate.

So yeah, not quite the same team.

Ballard as good as Engram?
We can run the rock.....that team was pass dependent We will be fine

I like this team. The O is going to jell

mistaowen

Reaction score
Either some mod changed your account name of you were just a fake troll to generate traffic.

Latest posts