Those of us screaming "8-8" after week 2...

rjdriver

Reaction score
If we were getting blown out of all or even a few games I might agree, but we are not.

Every game is still decided in the fourth, many at the last moment or in overtime.

These are games against 3 undefeated teams and one divisional rival.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Fade":3mldvwbb said:
Pete Carroll can't function without an elite D, he will be mediocre without one.

Come on Fade, you know all this year's D needs is a fair-to-middlin' offense and we're likely 5-1. Pete Carroll can't function without balance.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nobody wanted this.

But it was hard not to see it coming and it was ridiculous to hear some of the expectations people were throwing out there with literally no data to support it.

Worst OC in the NFL, combined with the worst OL in the NFL but people were sure, almost smug, that we would easily handle the Bengals or the Panthers.

Then there was this weird belief that Wilson was so good that he would just offset the crippling contract he forced on us, meantime people were taking potshots at Kam for asking for 1/4 of that amount as a HOF safety not even making what a top FS was making.

But Wilson was dating Ciara and doing award shows and God himself was apparently calling him at halftime. So he had to be the guy to rescue the team, right? It was all a sign Wilson was getting too full of himself, and he was going to have a mountain to climb with the worst OC in the League directing him.

And 8-8 isn't bad. 8-8 is AVERAGE. Right now this team looks BAD, at least at offense. But that is fixable.

The season isn't over. Good football is still in there in some games coming. Just don't expect SBs. That is ridiculous. We are likely at least 3-4 years away, assuming we make some good drafts and Wilson starts playing like the # he was asking for this year.

Also, Dalton is playing leagues better than Wilson - so taking potshots at Dalton doesn't make sense when Wilson is feast, famine or what the f*ck as the the options he brings you. He needs Old Marshawn Lynch so bad, because without Lynch to move the chains and suck the defense in - while keeping them from all rushing the passer - he cannot adjust to the blitz. But he can improve, at least that is the hope.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
irocdave":3j9g614p said:
Wonder what happened to the "pay Wilson 30M a season, he's elite!!!!!!!!, best QB evahhhh) ummm people. Wilson is far from elite, how many times did he run IN TO sacks today or last weekend? Seriously, the most vocal of this fan base are the ones not to be found in the tough times. This isn't an 8 and 8 team, 9 and 7 or 10 and 6 is what they will end up. They just are not dominate and have some huge holes in it and the QB is one of them. RW needs to pull his head out and focus on being an NFL QB. It starts with him because he is the highest paid player on the team. Seattle fans need to put the pressure where it belongs, starts with the QB.

You fans that get butt hurt over this will realize this is the truth in a couple of years. You pay this guy top dollar and sacrifice support players and he better perform week in and week out. RW hasn't this year.

No more of this BS "is RW elite".
Seriously? It'd help if he had an actual NFL level offensive line otherwise it's all bullshit as you and anyone else that actually watches them play can attest to.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2k598kis said:
irocdave":2k598kis said:
Wonder what happened to the "pay Wilson 30M a season, he's elite!!!!!!!!, best QB evahhhh) ummm people. Wilson is far from elite, how many times did he run IN TO sacks today or last weekend? Seriously, the most vocal of this fan base are the ones not to be found in the tough times. This isn't an 8 and 8 team, 9 and 7 or 10 and 6 is what they will end up. They just are not dominate and have some huge holes in it and the QB is one of them. RW needs to pull his head out and focus on being an NFL QB. It starts with him because he is the highest paid player on the team. Seattle fans need to put the pressure where it belongs, starts with the QB.

You fans that get butt hurt over this will realize this is the truth in a couple of years. You pay this guy top dollar and sacrifice support players and he better perform week in and week out. RW hasn't this year.

No more of this BS "is RW elite".
Seriously? It'd help if he had an actual NFL level offensive line otherwise it's all bullshit as you and anyone else that actually watches them play can attest to.

Please watch the all 22, every sack he takes after 5 seconds or so is on him, there are people open and he scrambles out to pressure or throws it away.

hawks85

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":32f5wnju said:
I hate it, but I sort of expected it when it got to the point that whenever the team was on offense, that was when I went to go for a beer or sandwich or something.

The offense just does little to nothing and it was boring to watch, so I would just watch during the defense. But then the defense kept having to come back on the field, after stop after stop, and I knew we were screwed.

Our offense is pretty much a joke, almost a laughingstock, so I quit watching.

But based on what I am seeing - I am really hopeful we can even get to 8-8.

Weird thing is I am not really as upset as I thought I would be, because I kind of expected it. Would be like a Jags fan being upset about losing that last game. At some point, they realize you are what you are - and the Seahawks are a team with a leaky defense and a laughingstock offense.

The good news is that I won't have to hear Wilson telling everyone about how God is telling him stuff during the game. Hopefully this craptacular performance by him will make him get over himself. Maybe with less distractions, less award shows and more time to practice/study - he will get better. Right now he is a 4th year player playing like a 2nd and 3rd year player....that isn't helping. This isn't all his fault, but he is not producing either.
well his second and third year we were in the superbowl so i will gladly take that right now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3xhiugtr said:
WindCityHawk":3xhiugtr said:
...humbly accept your apology. :stirthepot:

Seriously though, we might have been wrong, we could go 6-10. There were bad omens in the preseason, but how can so much talent perform so badly? If it really begins and ends with Pete, as he claims, is it time to start questioning Pete?

Or is it the players? Have they just gotten (metaphorically) fat? Even guys like Kam and Sherman are getting scored on.

Third option: Dan Quinn was a genius and we didn't know it? (see also: Atlanta Falcons)

Congratulations! You got the crappy team you desperately wanted to fulfill some sort of weird prophecy.

What's next?

The OP sounds pleased.

If I had to choose between being "right" (lol) and watching my favorite team win, I know which I would pick.

but hey, maybe there is a message board trophy that I am unaware of.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk said:
Those of you "Screaming "8-8" after week two"? = Negative Snivelers.
If you're waiting on apologies? , hold a hand under each other's asses, and see which one fills up the fastest. :stirthepot:

Rex

Reaction score
Your O line is crap allowing teams to blitz to keep RW in the pocket and sacked. The problem isn't RW.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
The defense stacks the box in the 4th and our WRS have 1 on 1 match up on the outside. Yet we still call the run knowing it won't work. :34853_doh: I'm okay for a 2-14 because that seems like the only way Paul Allen will force Pete to fire Bevell

ludakrishna

Reaction score
bmorepunk":29ema0ba said:
ludakrishna":29ema0ba said:
I'm okay for a 2-14

See?

That doesn't mean I wanted to see this. I would've gladly eaten crow and hoped Bevell learned something from his gaffe at the end of the SB. But it's the same poop different year and at some point, change is needed. Pete Carroll's undoing at USC was him thinking that he was the smartest guy in the room. The same will be true in the NFL. The guy is loyal to a fault with his coaches.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
That's a pretty easy position to sit strongly at.

If one makes consistently negative predictions from the start/early on and they turn out to be right, they get to be "right". If things flip around, then they're happy because the team is winning. This is an especially easy bet to hedge because the probability of a team making the playoffs, winning deep, and especially getting to/winning the Super Bowl are not high.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully you'll still have some crow. Lord knows we all want to see that :th2thumbs:

Beating Krappersnack on Thursday will help a little with the pain. Though I can't imagine this being an easy game by any stretch.