Thoughts & Expectations from the following players...

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
seabowl":whbuj15v said:
Seaswab":whbuj15v said:
If Michael can't block then why in the hell did we spend a 2nd round pick on him?

He had no issue being a total clown on stage at the Super Bowl celebration despite the fact he contributed nothing to the team all year. How about doing something, then you can be a total idiot on stage.

I think this post says it all. I'm not buying the "can't block" excuse. There are numerous plays each game where we did not need a RB to pick up blockers and he could have been given a chance. What I have thought all year is that there is more to the reason of not playing Michael. When I say more I mean from a maturity level. I know he was just messing around on stage but that was no time to get attention. We will see what happens with him. See Mike Williams (former Hawk) for another example of what I am getting at.

Holy crap, God forbid a 21 year old kid with an extroverted personality have fun On Stage celebrating a football game with his friends. I remember "how cool" most people thought it was that he was Blabbing off pre Draft how bad he wanted to be a part of our team, but now that same guy is a clown cause he hasn't earned his chance to be him smh, insert Pete Carroll what's your problem gif. Mike Williams got hurt and fat, I Have no idea where you even can come up with that comparison after one season lol.

This has been getting analyzed to death around here, he just hasn't put it all together, we have lynch, he's learning, staying fresh, take your pick. Certainly not cause he doesn't act mature enough imo.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":2ulb36i0 said:
seabowl":2ulb36i0 said:
Seaswab":2ulb36i0 said:
If Michael can't block then why in the hell did we spend a 2nd round pick on him?

He had no issue being a total clown on stage at the Super Bowl celebration despite the fact he contributed nothing to the team all year. How about doing something, then you can be a total idiot on stage.

I think this post says it all. I'm not buying the "can't block" excuse. There are numerous plays each game where we did not need a RB to pick up blockers and he could have been given a chance. What I have thought all year is that there is more to the reason of not playing Michael. When I say more I mean from a maturity level. I know he was just messing around on stage but that was no time to get attention. We will see what happens with him. See Mike Williams (former Hawk) for another example of what I am getting at.

Holy crap, God forbid a 21 year old kid with an extroverted personality have fun On Stage celebrating a football game with his friends. I remember "how cool" most people thought it was that he was Blabbing off pre Draft how bad he wanted to be a part of our team, but now that same guy is a clown cause he hasn't earned his chance to be him smh, insert Pete Carroll what's your problem gif. Mike Williams got hurt and fat, I Have no idea where you even can come up with that comparison after one season lol.

This has been getting analyzed to death around here, he just hasn't put it all together, we have lynch, he's learning, staying fresh, take your pick. Certainly not cause he doesn't act mature enough imo.

Well damn...I guess Bobby Wagner will be getting his snap count reduced next year. And Tate too...how dare they clown around and have a little fun at the celebration of their biggest accomplishment to date

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Don't forget Lynch. He had what, .07 ypc In the sb and he had the audacity to dance after? Clown! Can't wait to see turbin start next year, dude has only smiled like 3 times in his life, he's the anti clown.

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I am not concerned about C.Mike's situation yet. If he is inactive all year long again this season then I am going to be a little more concerned. We need to eventually replace Lynch.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":27b3373l said:
Don't forget Lynch. He had what, .07 ypc In the sb and he had the audacity to dance after? Clown! Can't wait to see turbin start next year, dude has only smiled like 3 times in his life, he's the anti clown.

Clowns suck

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has the feeling that Jesse Williams will never play any meaningful snaps for the Seahawks? His knee isn't going to get any better

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
^heck yeah, clowns suck. Now I know why people throw skittles at lynch.. Always thought it was a celebration, NOPE! Just trying to knock that clown out of the game.

thebanjodude":1rx9m57o said:
Am I the only one who has the feeling that Jesse Williams will never play any meaningful snaps for the Seahawks? His knee isn't going to get any better

Quite the opposite, I haven't seen anyone say they think his knees will be fine. Oddly enough, this is the same board that demands we listen to everything pete says about cmike not playing... But then when pete says Jesse is coming along fine, no one believes him. ....

Idk who to trust anymore. :34853_tinfoil:

Jville

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1cjyx3xt said:
I think most NFL coaches place high value on pass-blocking from their RBs. C.J. Spiller didn't play much early in his career because he couldn't block. Andre Ellington averaged 5.5 ypc, but he's getting back-up reps in AZ because Arians doesn't trust him in pass protection.

The one point I'll co-sign is that I think Michael might be less physical than the coaches were initially hoping. Judging by their draft-day comments, I think they were expecting more of a bruiser. Michael looks more slippery at the pro level. He's definitely a dynamic runner, but I wonder if his ceiling is being more of a situational RB in Carroll's system. I think Carroll is always going to want a punisher as his feature back.

Interesting ..... the name that came to my mind, while reading your perspective, was Reggie Bush. Curious as to ..... who you would name as a comparison to Christine Michael?

Tical21

Reaction score
Look, if there was an actual maturity issue, do we expect Pete to air it?

I remember when Golden was inactive a lot his rookie year. I asked a friend of mine who is a buddy of Golden's and worked in player personnel for the Hawks why Golden wasn't playing, and he said "because he keeps f'n up". I took it to mean both in practice, and likely away from the field as well. Of course, Pete said it was about routes and the playbook, right? But more than anything, I think Pete was using it as an opportunity to make an example for both Golden and other players.

I think we have something similar going on here. Of course, just a guess, and I understand there is a bit of conspiracy theory here. We took Michael relatively high, and the early returns were phenomenal! It isn't like he got in there and didn't flash. Add in the fact that for a decent stretch, our offense really kind of was treading water, and could have used a playmaker out there. Because of all these factors, I just can't believe that pass blocking alone kept Michael off the field. I ain't buying it. There have been way too many backs that couldn't be trusted in pass protection that played plenty of very productive snaps. Our backup RB isn't solely a 3rd down back. He also takes a few series. Also, our fullbacks would make very adequate 3rd down backs if needed. It just doesn't add up. If he had played in preseason and didn't impress, it would be like, "okay, sit this season out, we'll incorporate you next year". But the guy literally led the league in rushing in the preseason. He was like the star of the preseason league wide. You don't sit that guy after taking him high, just because of subpar pass pro. There is something else there. We'll probably never know what it was, and I'm sure he'll learn from it, so I'm not really knocking the decision, but it isn't pass pro.

Jville

Reaction score
Maturity ......... Golden Tate would certainly qualify as a good comparison for maturity challenges.

Basis4day

Reaction score
seabowl":17e540v6 said:
Seaswab":17e540v6 said:

He can only play in games where is is active. You don't know what types of plays you're going to need to run until the game is played. Numerous O-Lineman and WR were hurt for stretches of this year, meaning you needed to have additional backups for those positions ready. It goes extra when your center is hurt because you then need an extra center in case Jeanpeirrre goes down.

Pete has addressed Michael's playing time in pressers and all the reasons he gives are perfectly reasonable. Much more reasonable than invented reasons about Michael's personality or the belief that pass protection is easily learned by those who have never been a professional athlete who think that the best RB on a team is the guy who can run straight up the middle and ignore the need for pass protection for a QB who takes too many hits and was playing on a hurt shoulder. Pete has praised Turbin for his blocking ability which only highlights the importance that Pete places in his RB knowing their pass protection assignments and that being a RB is more than running up he middle in garbage time.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to Pete where Christine was drafted, just like it didn't matter how much Flynn was paid.

The simple fact is, we had a glut at RB/FB and there wasn't time to play him any more than they did.

Pete and John do this all the time, they draft players, give them a little exposure early on, if the player is needed, or they like what they see, that player gets more reps. If the player is medicore/not needed, he gets limited reps. There is no secret conspiracy here. Just plain facts.

I'm sure YOLO is coming along fine, but I just have a bad feeling about that knee. His knee is why he slid so far and Pete allowed him to spend the season away from the team, which seemed really odd to me. I hope he pans out, but won't be surprised if he doesn't.

Tharold has potential and reminds me a lot of Bryon.

I think Jordan Hill may be a "good steady performer" (how JS described Mebane early on) and his success will depend on how well he learns his techniques. He has the physical part down for the most part, but needs technique to excel.

seabowl

Reaction score
seabowl":aebd1mms said:
Seaswab":aebd1mms said:

Found this post that I remembered writing right after XLVIII. As I recall during the celebration after the parade Micheal was acting incredibly immature on stage. IMO even back then I felt we were in big trouble with this guy. His talent level was high but he was a head case all the way through his time with the Hawks. Whether it was immaturity or lack of mental understanding of the game, Michael was climbing an uphill battle.