Thoughts on Christine Michael??

olyfan63

Reaction score
Michael is back to his career average of 5 YPC with the Seahawks. The difference is it didn't come in garbage time.

To me, it looked like Michael knew where to run behind this line, understood the zone blocking scheme enough to know where and how to hit the holes.

I also thought CMike did a decent job in pass pro and blitz pickup. The effort is clearly there.

It was great to see him put 2 hands on the ball in traffic. I've been baffled by the ongoing insistence of how bad a fumbler he is when he has 1 career fumble in about 90 carries.

CMike could make some huge plays for us in the playoffs. Provided Bryce Brown doesn't beat him out.
Brown looked like a guy who wasn't quite sure where the holes would be. I'm looking forward to seeing him get reps and get familiar with how to run behind this line over the next couple games. CMike needs that too, for Brown to push him.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I hope CM takes the position and runs with it until ML is back. If his attitude has changed I could see him staying with the Seahawks. We likely wouldn't have to use a draft pick on a RB.

I liked the way he ran the football and it looked like he was very close to breaking a few runs.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He would make a run, hit someone, and go back to the huddle.

Later in the game, he had a decent play, got a first, and was just about to do his look at me schtick when he remembered. Don't. I could see it happen, and it was a big step for him.

Can he keep it that way? Hard to say. But the first step in following the blocks is not thinking it is all about him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Watching him run behind his blocker for 3-4 yards before trying to bounce it out was interesting. Will reserve judgement until I've seen him against STL and AZ defenses but I think he might have found a way to just do what he was being asked to do.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I was afraid he would look exactly like Harris. He proved me wrong though. He definitely looked like a capable back-up and good enough as a place holder untill Beast Mode comes back.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I liked his aggressiveness, determination, and the fact he held on to the rock. Looked like a different back than during his first tour of duty on the team. Given his physical gifts, there is no reason he should not be at least a backup RB in this league. I think between him and Brown, we have plenty to keep us afloat until the Return of the Beast. Whether or not those two dudes can take us through the playoffs . . . not sure.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1ikj28nj said:
I was afraid he would look exactly like Harris. He proved me wrong though. He definitely looked like a capable back-up and good enough as a place holder untill Beast Mode comes back.
Both he and Brown were definitely a large step up from Harris. Good job PC and JS on getting them in the fold last week!

themunn

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":2f18jo5u said:
My opinion of Michaels is that he has no patience / vision. He just sprints blindly through the hole and doesn't seem to have any strategy or cadence.

This is exactly what Cable wants though - a running back who consistently gains 4 yards is better than one who gains 2-2-2-12.
Of his 16 carries last night, 12 went for 4 or more, one went for 3, 2 for 1 (one of which was the last carry of the game), and another for no gain.

Consistently getting the team into 2nd and 5 and 3rd and short leaves the whole playbook open.

Cleveland may indeed have one of the worst run defenses in the league, but they've just gone 6 games without surrendering a 100 yard rusher and yesterday was their highest rushing yardage allowed all season (albeit, skewed somewhat by the Russell Wilson effect) - still, not bad for putting up a couple of guys who were only signed this week.

CHawk

Reaction score
It seemed to me he was turning to much after hitting the hole, if the tackler was turning him is one thing but it looked like he did it almost every play. Straight on he should have had more yards.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm excited about him. He's got game and a lot of it. Hopefully the words he's spoken lately are true and a light has come on.

Lynch/Rawls/Michael for 2016? That's pretty deep. I'm not convinced Beast is ready to go just yet.

Chapow

Reaction score
I feel a hell of a lot better about our running game now than I did before the game. I think the RBBC of CMike, Brown, and Jackson can be good enough and maybe even pretty good until Lynch comes back.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
How does it work if the Seahawks want to hang onto Michael beyond this season?

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
Two thoughts from me here-1)Coleman didn't run poorly. 1st play of the game he has a nose tackle right in front of him as soon as he takes the hand-off. He lost two yards in the redzone, an outside run which again, had no chance for him to do anything but eat it. And then he had runs of 2, 4 and 6 yards. Not stellar, but I have a feeling he graded out just fine on film review.

2)As for cmike, promising start but as others have said in one way or another, he looked to run into tackles at the 2nd level just as much as he got tackled. I have a feeling that's because his mindset first and foremost to secure the rock and then to hit the hole hard and get up field. And that's not a terrible place to start. But like Beast and Rawls, if he can develop what amounts to a full-speed lateral cut, he's got the potential to do some serious damage.

nash72

Reaction score
I thought Michael was average to solid and nothing more. I think we'll need the combined combination of him and Brown for the remainder of the way. No long runs and no rushing TD's against the Browns wasn't exactly the skies opening up for sure. Running game is serviceable right now, but nothing more.

sutz

Reaction score
Once again, Michael went from a practice squad to starting in 4 days. He hadn't seen any game action in months, or at least weeks. I'm giving Christine a pass on his first outing in a while and think he did fairly well for a first day back in action.

I will withhold any serious judgement until at least one more outing. At least there were no major gaffes to hang on him, which seems to be why people are nit-picking his performance, which while far from stellar, was just about what the team needed from him while the passing game is so in sync. If the pass game has a brain fart against the Lambs, we're gonna need more from Michael than we got this week, TBS. But at least he'll have a full week of practice under his belt.

olyfan63

Reaction score
CHawk":lsi5alvb said:
It seemed to me he was turning to much after hitting the hole, if the tackler was turning him is one thing but it looked like he did it almost every play. Straight on he should have had more yards.

Good grief CMike haters, 5+ YPC!! No fumbles, two hands on the ball in traffic. And many are still nitpicking him! To be precise, he averaged 5.3 YPC.

On the Seahawks-Browns TV coverage they showed some old dude named Jim Brown in the Browns booth. People say this J. Brown cat was the man for running backs in his day. I looked up J. Brown's stats and it turns out he only averaged 5.2 YPC for his career. So 5.3 YPC for CMike might not be such a bad performance. See http://www.nfl.com/player/jimbrown/2510380/careerstats

* Yes, I know who Jim Brown is. Just find it amusing that CMike gets dissected for flaws after 5+ YPC.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This was the hardest running and the most decisive and efficient performance we have ever seen from Michael. Carroll, Schneider, and Co. were 100% right to trade Michael in favor of keeping Thomas Rawls on the roster. And it appears that was the perfect kick in the pants to get Michael to focus in taking the next step in his development. Personally, I think he took the time to study the way Rawls was running the football. You can't help but love the way this has all played out perfectly.

A) Thomas Rawls developed into a bonafide BEAST Jr.
B) Christine Michael returned to the team with razor sharp focus and hunger.
C) Marshawn Lynch is gearing up for his 3rd consecutive Super Bowl run.

ShadowyLittleGrison.gif

AdorableShallowDormouse.gif

DeterminedYellowAiredale.gif

HeftyFeistyHummingbird.gif

SmartFlickeringDutchsmoushond

MenacingRepulsiveBlackcrappie.gif

*FYI, the program I use randomly generated the titles for these GIFs; I did not name them.

StoneCold

Reaction score
rewatched the game and was very pleased with Mean Stine Machine. He ran hard, didn't dance behind the line and didn't celebrate 2 yard gains. After reading this article he appears to be getting his mind right. Hope he makes the most of it I loves me a redemption story.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... ks-return/