Three way QB competition this preseason?

HawkWow

Reaction score
drdiags":1d92l4zp said:
Something else to think about is that Wilson was thought to be banged up among the fanbase. I don't think the club ever verified this but most speculated from the SB sideline clip that Wilson was favoring one side of his body.

Divorce isn't a simple nuisance as well. My thinking is Price to the PS, BJ is going to end up cut and Pryor is pumped up to try and get value prior to the cut-down to 53. I am not sure they keep him if they cannot find a trade partner.

The @ STL game set him back for quite some time, IMO. He was shell shocked if not hurt. Price reminds me a ton of Rodney Pete and it would be fun to see what he could do with real coaching.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":17mi2als said:
I have a feeling that Pryor won't be utilized as a QB; maybe WR and/or PR. We'll see.

That's what a lot of people have said (and wanted), but Pete and John have both said he's a QB.

I get the whole "competition" thing, but if that's true neither Price or Pryor have a chance in hell of beating out T-Jack. Dude's solid, and he's a rockstar in the locker room.

Price would be a good practice squad/development project.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2014":264ju4n6 said:
Polaris":264ju4n6 said:
Remember that TJack is on a guaranteed one year contract (and ironically is the highest paid Seahawk QB) which makes him almost an iron lock to be Wilson's backup this coming season.

Jackson's contract is NOT guaranteed. The only thing guaranteed was his $150k signing bonus: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... s-jackson/

But I agree that Jackson is the best backup option because of his starting experience, knowledge of the system, and skill set. As you say, he is also the most expensive. If Price balls out and locks up that backup spot, highly unlikely but possible, then we would have our backup QB locked up on a minimum deal for the next three years. Jackson/Pryor would both need to be paid next season, which makes them less attractive options.

Might be splitting hairs as far as Jackson's guaranteed money. It does become fully guaranteed if Jackson makes the final roster as he is a vested veteran.

I understand the assumption for Pryor switching positions. I'd deem it more likely if he had more than one year remaining on his contract. You can only activate 46 players on gameday and keeping 3 qbs active at the expense of someone who already plays WR seems far fetched. The addition of Richardson in the draft seems to be the early favorite to land the PR duties.

Since he only is on the roster one more year i feel that the FO was looking at it as competition for the backup QB spot with Jackson prior to the draft as insurance. They may have taken a QB with that 7th rd pick as it is, perhaps even Price. Pryor seemed like a good value chance.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":17bd0xtv said:
Have the Hawks come out and said exactly where Pryor is going to play? Is there a chance they move him off of QB and utilize his skills elsewhere?

He might be like Seneca, in that he's not going to take a positional "demotion." But also like Seneca after his 2005 NFCCG catch, I really hope that he does.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Polaris":3osijtku said:
I agree that there will be a three way competition for QB this preseason, but it won't be for TJack (unless TJack really does poorly in preseason). Remember that TJack is on a guaranteed one year contract (and ironically is the highest paid Seahawk QB) which makes him almost an iron lock to be Wilson's backup this coming season.

However, Pete has shown a willingness to carry three QBs if that third QB is someone he likes. I think Pete likes BJ Daniels, Pryor, and Price and that's where the competition will come. I also think the winner of the competition for #3 has the inside track to be the #2 QB in the 2015 season. I have no hard info regarding the last. Just a gut feeling.

TJack isn't even close to making the kind of money that would influence the decision. His contract is not for some great amount that they won't let him go if any of the other QBs step up in a huge way. PC has shown that much.