Throwback Uniforms?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3t0lbuvj said:
I don't think they will this year since the new ones still feel pretty new. I seriously hope they do though, I absolutely love the late 90's evolution of the classic color scheme. Easily my all time favorite uniform in sports.

306086 display image

Those are the ones I want to see as well. If not those ones, then the ones from the mid-80's where the jersey's had the HUGE white numbers with the mesh.

I was told years ago that the Seahawks would be able to wear the retros in 2012. It had to be 10 years from the original uniform update in 2002. I'm actually quite surprised we haven't seen the retros for at least one game yet, especially if that holds true for 2013. Maybe what Paul means is that he is not a big fan of the new alts, not the retro uniforms?

CANHawk

Reaction score
I don't think Poppa Paul likes the old uniforms. Probably remind him on Ken Behring and how much we used to suck. Poppa Paul does not accept failure. Right Jim Mora Jr?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Aros":ooc1t73p said:
Missing_Clink":ooc1t73p said:
I don't think they will this year since the new ones still feel pretty new. I seriously hope they do though, I absolutely love the late 90's evolution of the classic color scheme. Easily my all time favorite uniform in sports.

306086 display image

Those are the ones I want to see as well. If not those ones, then the ones from the mid-80's where the jersey's had the HUGE white numbers with the mesh.

I was told years ago that the Seahawks would be able to wear the retros in 2012. It had to be 10 years from the original uniform update in 2002. I'm actually quite surprised we haven't seen the retros for at least one game yet, especially if that holds true for 2013. Maybe what Paul means is that he is not a big fan of the new alts, not the retro uniforms?

My understanding of the bylaws (See previous post) is that each team is allowed one alternate/third uniform. It can either be a variation of your current colors or a throwback. But once you decide on an alternate, you can not change the alternate uniform for a a period of 5 years from introduction.

We can't wear throwbacks until 5 years have expired from the debut season of the Wolf Greys without special permission from the commissioner.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I grew up watching the Hawks in these unis. Just from a nostalgia perspective I'd love to see it at least one time.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
who wouldn't kill to see "The Russell Hussle" in a Classic hawk uni? I would definitely kill to see that....

RynoHawk

Reaction score
who wouldn't kill to see "The Russell Hussle" in a Classic hawk uni? I would definitely kill to see that....

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
I'd have to vote for the late 90's royal blue color scheme as well.

The only thing I don't like about our new jerseys is that there isn't a hawk logo on the sleeves! I know it's on the helmets but man, if they could get it prominently displayed on the sleeves (albeit much smaller than in this past) that would be soo sick!!