Thurmond still talking with Seahawks

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are lots of people taking his words and twisting them?

When he says its business just like with red and the others, why can't people just take him at his word?

Did he say that the hawks were bad for letting "red and the others" go? No.

Did he say they're bad for making business decisions? No.

Go back and read the tweet, but this time do it WITHOUT ADDING YOUR OWN EMOTIONAL SLANT.

Im looking at his words, and it appears to me as though he is just saying that the team is making business decisions and obviously there is a reason he has not signed a contract yet.

I think everyone who interprets his tweet as "im mad because they let some players walk" is reading too far into it and seeing things that aren't there.

It sounds like he just hasn't gotten an offer he likes because the hawks have to be careful with their money, which is why "red and the others" were let go in the first place.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2s3mioy8 said:
Is it just me, or are lots of people taking his words and twisting them?

When he says its business just like with red and the others, why can't people just take him at his word?

Did he say that the hawks were bad for letting "red and the others" go? No.

Did he say they're bad for making business decisions? No.

Go back and read the tweet, but this time do it WITHOUT ADDING YOUR OWN EMOTIONAL SLANT.

Im looking at his words, and it appears to me as though he is just saying that the team is making business decisions and obviously there is a reason he has not signed a contract yet.

I think everyone who interprets his tweet as "im mad because they let some players walk" is reading too far into it and seeing things that aren't there.

It sounds like he just hasn't gotten an offer he likes because the hawks have to be careful with their money, which is why "red and the others" were let go in the first place.

Smart man.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
norcalhawk":2bgfp24z said:
WT3 is really good but it makes me chuckle hearing how happy and pumped some of my friends are about possibly signing our 3rd best cb

I'm not sure he is the 3rd best CB on the roster. We could argue about that for quite a while, but it is clear to me his job here at best is NCB if he stays and isn't in fact beaten out by Lane.

He can't stay on the field either. he's either injured of suspended b/c he puts his selfish interest ahead of the team.

Apparently he's a whiner too. The whining about Red Bryant strikes a nerve with me Red was losing his effectiveness and Thurmond has demonstrated his unreliability. He has value and maybe that is better to some other team than here where he has been more unavailable than available in his time here. That's life, that's business, big deal. Grow-up Walter you were paid well here to rehab when other teams might have cut you loose.

Of course I'd like to keep him but there are many negatives when assessing his present value.

norcalhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":23jf3750 said:
norcalhawk":23jf3750 said:
WT3 is really good but it makes me chuckle hearing how happy and pumped some of my friends are about possibly signing our 3rd best cb

I'm not sure he is the 3rd best CB on the roster. We could argue about that for quite a while, but it is clear to me his job here at best is NCB if he stays and isn't in fact beaten out by Lane.

He can't stay on the field either. he's either injured of suspended b/c he puts his selfish interest ahead of the team.

Apparently he's a whiner too. The whining about Red Bryant strikes a nerve with me Red was losing his effectiveness and Thurmond has demonstrated his unreliability. He has value and maybe that is better to some other team than here where he has been more unavailable than available in his time here. That's life, that's business, big deal. Grow-up Walter you were paid well here to rehab when other teams might have cut you loose.

Of course I'd like to keep him but there are many negatives when assessing his present value.

All very true and valid points. I just get torn up because I value a CB that can hold his own outside then slide inside to nickel.

All those negatives that you mentioned is exactly the reason why it's hard to commit long term or valuable cap space to him. I would understand if he leaves, but I just don't understand him thinking SF is an option..

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think he's just talking to SF b/c he knows it will bug the FO. He hurt his value with the suspension for weed last season and is unwilling to accept the reality his value has plummeted. The whining is the part that pisses me off though & I'm sure his knees are pretty wonky too.

Wartooth

Reaction score
After the team showed faith in him, and carried him while he was injured...
He repaid that by getting popped and suspended at a critical time.
And now he's belly aching about the cuts they have made?
Bye.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
He said the same thing Tate did, no?

Why is he any different?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
norcalhawk":uxgy153x said:
He's different because he is actually going to visit them. And Golden said he wouldn't do that to the fans and entertain the idea of being on the niners pretty much.

But Tate was full of crap. If the Niners offered 5/35 with 15M guaranteed, he would have gone there instead of Detroit. That was his way of trying to throw a bone to the fans.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36q0jybo said:

Why is he any different?
he's different because tate was a warrior for this team, he was out there every week, and was never suspended.
Thurmond was always injured and got suspended for smoking pot in the middle of the season. Did tate ever complain about how the front office? he did not. Am I overreacting here? yes.
Just take your money and go, I would have no hard feelings

chris98251

Reaction score
If Red and Clem were playing at the level and number of snaps that they signed the last contract at they would still be here. The had become more situational and snap numbers were declining, also people were stepping up and performing as good or better. Both had a nice run, both made some good money, both won a Super Bowl and are now on another team getting a decent payday off the work they did here.

Thurmond has done little, his one year of actually performing got him a Ring, he has shown potential to do that for the years he was injured, he was given a chance here when others were shying away. He does owe a bit of consideration to this franchise. I'm not saying sign for nothing, but sign a prove last year wasn't a fluke and show that you can stay clean for a year.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I won't hate Thurmond if he leaves, but anyone who wears the red and gold is dead to me just as a matter of principle. Hopefully I don't have to go full eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and forget that he was ever a person.

But I'm fine with a guy getting paid and he definitely doesn't owe us anything.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I would like to keep one of either Browner or Thurmond. They are both top level CB talents.

chris98251

Reaction score
If I were to choose I would keep Browner just for the physical nature we bring with him. I think Lane can man the Slot, also gives us flexibility on the outside to cover for injury.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3dlmggrq said:
norcalhawk":3dlmggrq said:
He's different because he is actually going to visit them. And Golden said he wouldn't do that to the fans and entertain the idea of being on the niners pretty much.

But Tate was full of crap. If the Niners offered 5/35 with 15M guaranteed, he would have gone there instead of Detroit. That was his way of trying to throw a bone to the fans.

ding ding! Winner.

HawkWow

Reaction score
davidonmi":2e6d8vc8 said:
Popeyejones":2e6d8vc8 said:

Why is he any different?
he's different because tate was a warrior for this team, he was out there every week, and was never suspended.
Thurmond was always injured and got suspended for smoking pot in the middle of the season. Did tate ever complain about how the front office? he did not. Am I overreacting here? yes.
Just take your money and go, I would have no hard feelings

Thank you.

Send his sorry ass South. Addition through subtraction.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If my company fired me I would look to go to the competitor and kick their ass. Just sayin.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Lol who was fired? It isn't like Thurmond was cut or anything. His contract expired and he's on the open market.
That said if those are his thoughts so be ot

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
davidonmi":1ox0mji3 said:
Lol who was fired? It isn't like Thurmond was cut or anything. His contract expired and he's on the open market.
That said if those are his thoughts so be ot

Wasn't "fired" technically, but I don't think we're exactly screaming to have him back either