Thurmond still talking with Seahawks

QuahHawk

Reaction score
AZ
volsunghawk":3c36ddwq said:
If he gets an opportunity to start elsewhere, he should take it. I don't see him starting here unless we have some significant injuries at the CB position.

^This

We'd be really smart to lock up WT3 for a 3 year $9-12Mil deal because we are going to spend big on Sherman soon and if Maxwell keeps his play up he's going to get a $6-8mil a year deal from somebody and it won't be us. Walt's value is way down right now and there is some risk involved but he is talented, fits our team well, would come at a bargin price, and to be honest isn't as replaceable as we think. A few weeks ago I was ok with letting Thurmond walk but the more I think about it is that he is still young, very talented, would likely be more productive than any late 1st or 2nd round CB this year and at a very reasonable price. I wouldn't guarantee him any more than $6mil with his injury history but he is actually a very undervalued asset.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
^Why wouldn't you just quietly attempt to extend BMax instead of WT3?

After all we tried to quietly extend Thurmond while he was starting and playing well last year until his suspension killed it.